Hurricane Matthew

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Hurricane Matthew

Post by Philip »

Rick, what's your "game plan?" Looks like your gonna get clobbered. Are you inland enough - away from creeks, dams, etc?

Looks like I'm mostly gonna get soaked. Our governor has already closed schools here from Wednesday through the weekend for storm prep. Seems a bit extreme.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Hurricane Matthew

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Rick, what's your "game plan?" Looks like your gonna get clobbered. Are you inland enough - away from creeks, dams, etc?

Looks like I'm mostly gonna get soaked. Our governor has already closed schools here from Wednesday through the weekend for storm prep. Seems a bit extreme.
I'm probably about 30-40 miles inland, and not close enough to any creeks that would cause a problem for my house.

I'm just going to wait and see what track the storm takes as it gets closer.

It's too soon to tell right now. The local news is projecting 35 mph winds where I live when the storm goes by on Friday. But if it takes a more westerly path, it could be worse. If it goes more east, it may be a lot less.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Where do the two of you live?

Those years ago when the hurricane was due to hit Texas -- Katrina? we had people driving up from the coast to our area near Austin. It hit Mississippi instead. Talk about impacting That area.

And there's another one coming After Matthew.

Lots of weather out there.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I'm roughly 20 north of Columbia, SC. Rick is about 6 hours to my south, near Jacksonville.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:I'm roughly 20 north of Columbia, SC. Rick is about 6 hours to my south, near Jacksonville.
It's more like 5 hours, Philip.

You must drive like an old man!
:wheelchair:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I think the worst of the storm is gone now. Places on the shore, like Daytona Beach, St. Augustine, and Jax Beach got flooded pretty badly.

For us being inland, it seemed like a tropical storm. A lot of rain, some heavy wind, and some branches down.

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I wish Hurricane Elly and Hurricane Charlotte calmed down that easily. They've been raging strong for six and three years respectively now, and show no signs of abating whatsoever. :?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I wish Hurricane Elly and Hurricane Charlotte calmed down that easily. They've been raging strong for six and three years respectively now, and show no signs of abating whatsoever. :?
Just wait til they get dating age - say, 30 or 35? :D