Exercise

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Exercise

Post by Nessa »

Just wondering who here exercises?
Attachments
images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (13.82 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
Nicki
Sex: Female

Re: Exercise

Post by Nicki »

I go for walks - or ride my exercise bike for a bit if I can't get out. I have to exercise every day or I feel restless - mind you I don't necessarily feel that now as much as I used to - must be getting old or losing fitness or something. But I like to go for at least a 30-minute brisk walk. I usually take the dog - she must be the only dog in the world to not like walks; she wants to take all the short-cuts! It would be good to walk up a hill some of the way, but we don't have any of those just around here. Mind you I suppose the advantage gained by going up the hill could be negated by coming down again!

How about you?
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

Barely. I have a gym nearby that I often go to, but I do it more to wake up or clear my head.

I try not to sit too long at a time though -- started getting up to wash dishes or clean or something every hour or so.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nicki wrote:I go for walks - or ride my exercise bike for a bit if I can't get out. I have to exercise every day or I feel restless - mind you I don't necessarily feel that now as much as I used to - must be getting old or losing fitness or something. But I like to go for at least a 30-minute brisk walk. I usually take the dog - she must be the only dog in the world to not like walks; she wants to take all the short-cuts! It would be good to walk up a hill some of the way, but we don't have any of those just around here. Mind you I suppose the advantage gained by going up the hill could be negated by coming down again!

How about you?
I use to jump rope but then i got tendinitis in my ankle. I should have stopped but like the fool I am, kept going...

Thinking of getting back into it.
Was a good way of getting out my frustrations with people and life :econfused:

Also I use a push mower for the lawns which is a great workout too.
But thats only about once a week.

What kinda dog you got, Nikki?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

patrick wrote:Barely. I have a gym nearby that I often go to, but I do it more to wake up or clear my head.

I try not to sit too long at a time though -- started getting up to wash dishes or clean or something every hour or so.
Don't you do Yoga?
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

I used to but it started becoming a pain. If I felt I was really getting bent out of shape, I'd probably pick it back up though
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

patrick wrote:I used to but it started becoming a pain. If I felt I was really getting bent out of shape, I'd probably pick it back up though
A pain in what way? y:-/
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

Nessa wrote:
patrick wrote:I used to but it started becoming a pain. If I felt I was really getting bent out of shape, I'd probably pick it back up though
A pain in what way? y:-/
It's just a lot of work. Especially as it's summer here, yoga also means a lot more running the A/C and it leaves me tired afterwards, which is sorta the opposite of what I'm looking for in my life right now.
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Nessa wrote:
Nicki wrote:I go for walks - or ride my exercise bike for a bit if I can't get out. I have to exercise every day or I feel restless - mind you I don't necessarily feel that now as much as I used to - must be getting old or losing fitness or something. But I like to go for at least a 30-minute brisk walk. I usually take the dog - she must be the only dog in the world to not like walks; she wants to take all the short-cuts! It would be good to walk up a hill some of the way, but we don't have any of those just around here. Mind you I suppose the advantage gained by going up the hill could be negated by coming down again!

How about you?
I use to jump rope but then i got tendinitis in my ankle. I should have stopped but like the fool I am, kept going...

A very lazy Jack Russell. Well, she seems to have plenty of energy for running up and down the fence-line barking at the neighbours' dogs. She's getting good doing agility at the small dogs club we take her to as well. I've had tendonitis at the back of the ankle too but I find it's sitting or lying for a while which makes it sore; once I've been walking for a few minutes it's fine. I've got osteoarthritis in my knee now but my physio gave me a couple of exercises which have completely dealt with that pain for now. Doing the exercises every day is a pain in itself - the in the neck type, I mean - but I keep telling myself I have to so my knee doesn't bother me. I guess I might have to have a knee replacement one day. :roll:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nicki wrote:
Nessa wrote:

How about you?

A very lazy Jack Russell. Well, she seems to have plenty of energy for running up and down the fence-line barking at the neighbours' dogs. She's getting good doing agility at the small dogs club we take her to as well. I've had tendonitis at the back of the ankle too but I find it's sitting or lying for a while which makes it sore; once I've been walking for a few minutes it's fine. I've got osteoarthritis in my knee now but my physio gave me a couple of exercises which have completely dealt with that pain for now. Doing the exercises every day is a pain in itself - the in the neck type, I mean - but I keep telling myself I have to so my knee doesn't bother me. I guess I might have to have a knee replacement one day. :roll:
I'm not an animal person but Jack Russells are cute :ebiggrin:

Sorry to hear about the knee probs :(
But glad the exercises help.

I found that the older you get the more different parts of your body hurt...
Especially if you have bad posture like I do!

I have back pain and also problems with my piriformis muscle..
...literally a pain in the butt :econfused: :lol:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

I try and swim every day, in the sea. Walk everywhere pretty much and train kung fu with hubbs every other evening.
Haven't ridden since breaking my ankle but before that rode as often as I could.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I exercise sarcasm. It's good for the mind, body, and soul.
:mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote:I exercise sarcasm. It's good for the mind, body, and soul.
It must do your old heart good ;)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:
It must do your old heart good ;)
You're such a flatterer!

Signed,

:wheelchair:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Good for whose mind?

Shame on you for messing with people's minds!
Some never quite knowing if you are serious or not :shakehead: