Should we feed the trolls?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Should we feed the trolls?

Post by Kurieuo »

Should we feed the trolls? One must use discernment.

Proverbs 26:4-5
  • 4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
    Or you will also be like him.
    5 Answer a fool as his folly deserves,
    That he not be wise in his own eyes.
Proverbs 23:9
  • 9Do not speak in the hearing of a fool,
    For he will despise the wisdom of your words.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Well I have been called a troll because I don't agree with someones argument, so I guess this all depends on how you define a troll. I would define it as constantly attacking a person or persons, not only in one topic but following them around from topic to topic and saying very little to do with the current topic.

But I guess defining trollish behaviour is very subjective, and since this is not a democratic forum it is not my decision to make.

How do you stop trolling when the powers that be become them?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Well I have been called a troll because I don't agree with someones argument, so I guess this all depends on how you define a troll. I would define it as constantly attacking a person or persons, not only in one topic but following them around from topic to topic and saying very little to do with the current topic.

But I guess defining trollish behaviour is very subjective, and since this is not a democratic forum it is not my decision to make.

No Dan,

You were accused of trolling, because:
It is like you are willfully choosing to remain ignorant and ignore the real issue we (RickD, Mrs K and myself) take issue with. And it's nothing to do with the sexual orientation of the person.
Not because you disagree with someone's argument. You don't deal with the facts of the individual cases we're discussing.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Well I have been called a troll because I don't agree with someones argument, so I guess this all depends on how you define a troll. I would define it as constantly attacking a person or persons, not only in one topic but following them around from topic to topic and saying very little to do with the current topic.

No Dan,

You were accused of trolling, because:
It is like you are willfully choosing to remain ignorant and ignore the real issue we (RickD, Mrs K and myself) take issue with. And it's nothing to do with the sexual orientation of the person.
Not because you disagree with someone's argument. You don't deal with the facts of the individual cases we're discussing.

I could say the exact same thing about you and K, you wilfully ignore my points and I have to re-explain them because you misrepresent them. :roll:

I don't think that makes you a troll, your definition would fit just about everyone here on this board.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.