Merry Christmas

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Merry Christmas

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Merry Christmas folks ... :wave:

image taken is stain glass window from St.Theresa's, Chicago Hts.,Il

it has been a uniquely enlightening, eventful, satisfying, annoyingly confusing, addictive, remarkably divine experience. thank you... and Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night ! :sleep:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Storyteller »

Have a wonderful, peaceful, loving Christmas ES y>:D<

That image is beautiful!

(Hope I don't fall into the annoying category :mrgreen: )

Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Christmas is one of the most significant events for all humans.
The Son of God, God in all ways, GAVE UP being one with His father and Spirit, emptied Himself to be one of us.
When people ask what kind of God I worship, I can point to a God that is NOT a dictator and a bully that imposes His will on us but one willing to BE one of us and go through ALL that we go through including dying in one of the most painful and horrific and barbaric ways possible.
A God that is NOT exemplified by power but by Love and compassion, NOT be IMPOSING His will but by Suffering with us.
A God of love that is ALWAYS focused on another and never on Himself.

And on Christmas, we choose to celebrate the event of The Son of God becoming flesh and living with Us.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Christmas has an extra special meaning for my family and me, this year. We're going to see the new Star Wars movie!

ImageImage
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

tomorrow... the Force is with us ! :shock: :esurprised: :!: :ebiggrin:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

God bless you all and Merry Christmas! I have learned so much from being here with you all.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
christianwarrior
Familiar Member

Post by christianwarrior »

Merry Christmas, you all. Christmas is a great celebration of God's love.

Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, 'Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.'" Matthew 2:1-2 Back then the dominant religion in Persia was Zoroastrianism which emphasized star-gazing for signs. The wise men would advise the ruler based on the positions of the stars, divination, and sorcery. The wise men back then were the Zoroastrian priests. They were likely familiar with the Hebrew prophets from the Persian conquest of the Babylon and Judah. Despite the fact that the magi were pagans who practiced divination ,which God condemns (Deuteronomy 18:10), God still had compassion on them. God knew that they were ignorant. He even gave them a sign based on their pagan practices. People say that all religions are paths up the mountain with God on the top of the mountain. However God is not waiting for anyone to reach him, he came down the mountain to come to us. He did this through the birth of Jesus.

http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/magi

*As a sidenote, I recently an article on Jesus' birth (it is a balanced article presenting both sides): http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articl ... stmas.html
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone!

Since we can't all have a snowy Christmas Eve, here's a live stream of the snowstorm going on at Mammoth, CA, in the Village (at the foot of the mountain): http://www.mammothmountain.com/winter/m ... -lodge-cam Pretty cool, you can control the camera yourself! Go back in daylight hours to see the other streaming webcams, up on the mountain.

christianwarrior
Familiar Member

Post by christianwarrior »

I live in California. Thank God that we finally are starting to get enough rain and snowfall.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

christianwarrior wrote:I live in California. Thank God that we finally are starting to get enough rain and snowfall.
72 degrees in New York today. Never seen anything like this.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.