Personality types

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!

Extrovert or Introvert?

Extrovert
No votes
Introvert
100%

Total votes: 12

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Personality types

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:K,

You are unique. Just like everybody else. ;)
My husband just told me a quote tonight "You think you're unique until you have to choose a username"

There's actually truth in that :lol:
How many other people are Davidsstones?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B35Patriot
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by B35Patriot »

Yeah, I took the same test on here.
http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I got ENTP.
"The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see."

I already like the sound of that.
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

In various supervision and management courses the DISC test was given to the class. DISC is an acronym which I can't remember what the letters mean anymore. But the premise was there were 4 basic personality types and knowing your type can help you understand why you do or act the way you do. Can also be used for building a team using the different types to compliment the team effort.

D was a task driven, goal oriented person whose primary objective is to get the job done. Not a big people person.
I was a glad handing, back slapping people person. A political type.
S was none of the above. Kind of a stereotypical accountant nerd type, steady Eddie, wallflower. Loves teams.
C don't recall

Took the test 3 times and results were the same every time. Have no idea how someone figured out how to put this test together but it was about 80% accurate.

Some who know me would say I was a "high I" type. I can talk to anyone about pretty much anything. Not my nature by birth but rather a learned ability to function in my career.

Growing up I never liked to be center of attention and therefore public speaking was terrifying. But if you're forced into something you're not comfortable with, you make the best of it and try to do as good as you can. After a while public speaking was actually enjoyable.

In a way you can modify your personality in certain ways, if you apply yourself as your environment changes. Now that I'm retired I'm more introverted but a lot that is due to chronic pain issues.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

I think I remember that!

A circle divided into four with outgoing/reseved and people/task.
Cant remember what I was but remember thinking it was pretty accurate.

The test on this thread was scarily spot on.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

The normal breakdown for the DISC model is:

D - active / task oriented
I - active / people oriented
S - passive / people oriented
C - passive / task oriented

I am a very, very strong C with very little of the other three. It meshes well with the INTJ profile.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Jac3510 wrote:The normal breakdown for the DISC model is:

I am a very, very strong C with very little of the other three. It meshes well with the INTJ profile.
Strong SC here. Lazy shut-in describes me well.

Hey guys. I know 10 people is not nearly enough for a proper sample (maybe 10 times 10 times 10) but do you guys think there is a positive correlation between Christianity and introversion?

I think so. Christianity is a very personal ideology, dealing with the self and your own actions, and urges its adherents to be thoughtful, contemplative and dwell often on their acts and pray privately.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Hortator wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:The normal breakdown for the DISC model is:

Strong SC here. Lazy shut-in describes me well.

Hey guys. I know 10 people is not nearly enough for a proper sample (maybe 10 times 10 times 10) but do you guys think there is a positive correlation between Christianity and introversion?

I think so. Christianity is a very personal ideology, dealing with the self and your own actions, and urges its adherents to be thoughtful, contemplative and dwell often on their acts and pray privately.
I would bet that you're more llikely to find a correlation between people who study Christianity either formally (i.e., ministers) or informally (i.e., people who read a lot about it and talk about it on discussion boards) with introversion. But you'd have to do the study to find out!
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Took the test 2 or 3 times, got INTJ every time.

Pretty precise, not 100% accurate, of course, since everyone is a unique individual...
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

IceMobster wrote:Took the test 2 or 3 times, got INTJ every time.

Pretty precise, not 100% accurate, of course, since everyone is a unique individual...
You are unique...just like everybody else.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

RickD wrote:
IceMobster wrote:Took the test 2 or 3 times, got INTJ every time.

You are unique...just like everybody else.
Not sure if trololo or not, but there isn't another person on this planet that has the same DNA, thoughts, emotions, emotion expressions, genes, leanings, opinions, psychological & physical characteristics (...) as yourself or myself.

And that's magnificent God's work. Alhamdulilah.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Just bringing this thread back up to say I now think I'm an ISTJ. I just don't care enough about other people to be ISFJ :lol: I do often find myself dominated by feelings, and do think they're important, but looking at the bigger picture ISTJ fits better. One of the clinchers I found on some website was 'you like wearing practical clothes'. Yes!

You do have to do a fair bit of comparing yourself to other people to work out where you are along a spectrum. Eg, I mentioned that I can get dominated by feelings but then I don't often let them determine my actions.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:
Eg, I mentioned that I can get dominated by feelings but then I don't often let them determine my actions.
That's called menopause.

:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I did this thread years ago....

I am now seeing my life go by in forum :?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

She's older and wiser now. And Rick has become a much more sensitive man! :pound:
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:23 am
Nicki wrote:
Eg, I mentioned that I can get dominated by feelings but then I don't often let them determine my actions.
That's called menopause.

:mrgreen:
:spoop: