Personality types

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!

Extrovert or Introvert?

Extrovert
0
No votes
Introvert
10
100%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17213
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:15 am

That Licorice guy was an amazing piano player!

But I could never perform like him. He's way more masculine then I'll ever be! :dancing: :flying: :ghostincupboard:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
ganaa
Familiar Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:45 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: Gobi Desert, Mongolia

Re: Personality types

Postby ganaa » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:46 am

No matter where we live, we all same in front of GOD.
But our faith will define how strong we're shining...

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7664
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: Personality types

Postby B. W. » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:04 am

RickD wrote:That Licorice guy was an amazing piano player!

But I could never perform like him. He's way more masculine then I'll ever be! :dancing: :flying: :ghostincupboard:


But you play the Bagpipes!

Try a little boogie woogie onthe pipes - you'll be on on the shows!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

User avatar
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2124
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:44 am
Christian: No
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Personality types

Postby BGoodForGoodSake » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:41 pm

I'm an ENTJ.
The profiles are a bit like Astrology, but there is an underlying theory of cognitive functions and Myers Briggs does align somewhat with the Big 5 which is generally accepted in psychology.

in cognitive theory ENTJ is Te Ni
Which is Extraverted Thinking and Introverted Intuition, according to this theory we are all partially extroverted and introverted.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2688
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Personality types

Postby Nessa » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:28 pm

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:I'm an ENTJ.
The profiles are a bit like Astrology, but there is an underlying theory of cognitive functions and Myers Briggs does align somewhat with the Big 5 which is generally accepted in psychology.

in cognitive theory ENTJ is Te Ni
Which is Extraverted Thinking and Introverted Intuition, according to this theory we are all partially extroverted and introverted.


Interesting comparison y:-?
Wouldn't necessarily agree though

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3810
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Personality types

Postby abelcainsbrother » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:35 pm

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:I'm an ENTJ.
The profiles are a bit like Astrology, but there is an underlying theory of cognitive functions and Myers Briggs does align somewhat with the Big 5 which is generally accepted in psychology.

in cognitive theory ENTJ is Te Ni
Which is Extraverted Thinking and Introverted Intuition, according to this theory we are all partially extroverted and introverted.


I don't know much about this but his theory seems to be just stating the obvious.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17213
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:37 pm

Sounds like astrology.

I can read any astrological sign, and find something that applies to me.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3810
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Personality types

Postby abelcainsbrother » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:43 pm

RickD wrote:Sounds like astrology.

I can read any astrological sign, and find something that applies to me.


A song idea pops in my head.Should I post it? it's a parody of a Beatles song.

I might as well I'm the music man.Revelation for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJH3UsXdn5s
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2124
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:44 am
Christian: No
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Personality types

Postby BGoodForGoodSake » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:49 pm

The cognitive functions define how someone thinks, and values the world.
In many cases someone with a preference for one way of thinking may exhibit the traits in the profiles, but the profiles themselves are generalizations and don't bring the reader any closer to the underlying theory.

For example extroverted feeling Something which is dominant in ESFJ's and ENFJ's is the sensitivity of individuals to the group. Those with a preference for Extraverted Feeling TEND to see ideas and thoughts as central to an individual, and therefore are not quick to criticize those they regard as friends or allies.

But essentially they are generally aware of the mood of a group, and will see many things through that perspective. Through a group dynamic.

So going against the profiles some individuals may use this perspective to manipulate and cajole people, using their keen ability to see relationship dynamics to get their way.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3810
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Personality types

Postby abelcainsbrother » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:52 pm

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:The cognitive functions define how someone thinks, and values the world.
In many cases someone with a preference for one way of thinking may exhibit the traits in the profiles, but the profiles themselves are generalizations and don't bring the reader any closer to the underlying theory.

For example extroverted feeling Something which is dominant in ESFJ's and ENFJ's is the sensitivity of individuals to the group. Those with a preference for Extraverted Feeling TEND to see ideas and thoughts as central to an individual, and therefore are not quick to criticize those they regard as friends or allies.

But essentially they are generally aware of the mood of a group, and will see many things through that perspective. Through a group dynamic.

So going against the profiles some individuals may use this perspective to manipulate and cajole people, using their keen ability to see relationship dynamics to get their way.


So its a dog eat dog world? Or survival of the fittest?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Personality types

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:30 pm

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:The cognitive functions define how someone thinks, and values the world.
In many cases someone with a preference for one way of thinking may exhibit the traits in the profiles, but the profiles themselves are generalizations and don't bring the reader any closer to the underlying theory.

For example extroverted feeling Something which is dominant in ESFJ's and ENFJ's is the sensitivity of individuals to the group. Those with a preference for Extraverted Feeling TEND to see ideas and thoughts as central to an individual, and therefore are not quick to criticize those they regard as friends or allies.

But essentially they are generally aware of the mood of a group, and will see many things through that perspective. Through a group dynamic.

So going against the profiles some individuals may use this perspective to manipulate and cajole people, using their keen ability to see relationship dynamics to get their way.


Yeah, right. There is a restaurant in Montreal, Canada, that specializes in baloney sandwiches. As a matter of fact, baloney sandwiches are the only type they sell. Idiots Patrons come from all over the world for Wilensky's sandwiches, as the photos of celebrities on the restaurant's walls aptly testify...proof that not only can you baffle them with BS, but you can also make it into a sandwich.

So, what's your astrological sign?

y:-?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2124
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:44 am
Christian: No
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Personality types

Postby BGoodForGoodSake » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:25 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:The cognitive functions define how someone thinks, and values the world.
In many cases someone with a preference for one way of thinking may exhibit the traits in the profiles, but the profiles themselves are generalizations and don't bring the reader any closer to the underlying theory.

For example extroverted feeling Something which is dominant in ESFJ's and ENFJ's is the sensitivity of individuals to the group. Those with a preference for Extraverted Feeling TEND to see ideas and thoughts as central to an individual, and therefore are not quick to criticize those they regard as friends or allies.

But essentially they are generally aware of the mood of a group, and will see many things through that perspective. Through a group dynamic.

So going against the profiles some individuals may use this perspective to manipulate and cajole people, using their keen ability to see relationship dynamics to get their way.


So its a dog eat dog world? Or survival of the fittest?

No :)
It's that there are different temperaments, and each brings a different facet of truth to the table. And we need to appreciate other people for their strengths. So often do we see others as lesser versions of ourselves because we are unaware of how different someone else's basic outlook can be. When one begins to understand their own areas of weakness they will be more likely to see the strength in others.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 4690
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: Personality types

Postby 1over137 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:17 am

years ago i did this test with the result: INTJ
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold
-- Psalm 18:2

User avatar
Nicki
Valued Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:36 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Western Australia

Re: Personality types

Postby Nicki » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:03 am

I brought this up again because I've been reading a good book about the 16 personalities relating to career choices - finding a good career for you. It doesn't include a test - it just describes all the personalities really well, and confirmed to me that I'm an ISFJ. It gave me one new career idea at least. The personality descriptions helped me understand why I'm attracted to Christianity in some ways (I'm a traditionalist) and why I have trouble with it in other ways (being a Sensor, I tend to trust information from my five senses over what I can intuit or what might be behind the obvious).

To the skeptics like RickD, comparing it to astrology - so do you think everyone's just the same really - there are no personality types? Or do you think everyone's so unique there's no point trying to sort personalities out? y:-? As I said earlier, some people fit into the boxes more easily than others, but I've no doubt we all have different personalities and some people are much more like each other than others.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17213
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:22 am

Nicki wrote:I brought this up again because I've been reading a good book about the 16 personalities relating to career choices - finding a good career for you. It doesn't include a test - it just describes all the personalities really well, and confirmed to me that I'm an ISFJ. It gave me one new career idea at least. The personality descriptions helped me understand why I'm attracted to Christianity in some ways (I'm a traditionalist) and why I have trouble with it in other ways (being a Sensor, I tend to trust information from my five senses over what I can intuit or what might be behind the obvious).

To the skeptics like RickD, comparing it to astrology - so do you think everyone's just the same really - there are no personality types? Or do you think everyone's so unique there's no point trying to sort personalities out? y:-? As I said earlier, some people fit into the boxes more easily than others, but I've no doubt we all have different personalities and some people are much more like each other than others.


Image
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony


Return to “Friendly Chit-Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest