Personality types

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!

Extrovert or Introvert?

Extrovert
0
No votes
Introvert
10
100%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 5581
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: Personality types

Postby Philip » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:49 pm

May you and kurieuo have many happy hours knitting together ;)
:knitting: :knitting:


No, Rick's a loner - he wants to walk (knit) ALONE! :D

BTW, I think Rick's personality acronym (his recent result) fits him well.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18064
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Philip wrote:
May you and kurieuo have many happy hours knitting together ;)
:knitting: :knitting:


No, Rick's a loner - he wants to walk (knit) ALONE! :D

BTW, I think Rick's personality acronym (his recent result) fits him well.

Dare I ask what ISFPA is an acronym for?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Contact:

Re: Personality types

Postby Jac3510 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:12 pm

RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:
May you and kurieuo have many happy hours knitting together ;)
:knitting: :knitting:


No, Rick's a loner - he wants to walk (knit) ALONE! :D

BTW, I think Rick's personality acronym (his recent result) fits him well.

Dare I ask what ISFPA is an acronym for?

"The Adventurer"
Image
https://www.16personalities.com/isfp-personality

Stands for Introvert-Sensing-Feeling-Prospecting (Assertive)

You can read about the various dimensions (I vs E; N vs S; F vs T; P vs J) here.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue

And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 5581
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: Personality types

Postby Philip » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:16 pm

ISFP - it's all explained right here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISFP

Michael Jackson was one! Also, Cher, Barbra Streisand, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Bob Dylan, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Jimi Hendrix.

ISFP is the fourth most common type in the population. ISFPs make up:

9% of the general population
10% of women
8% of men

Popular Hobbies

Popular hobbies for ISFPs are those that use their physical or artistic skills, including independent athletics like skiing or swimming, dance, and craft projects. ISFPs also enjoy entertaining in intimate groups and exploring art and nature.


Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18064
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:17 pm

Jac3510 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:
May you and kurieuo have many happy hours knitting together ;)
:knitting: :knitting:


No, Rick's a loner - he wants to walk (knit) ALONE! :D

BTW, I think Rick's personality acronym (his recent result) fits him well.

Dare I ask what ISFPA is an acronym for?

"The Adventurer"
Image
https://www.16personalities.com/isfp-personality

Stands for Introvert-Sensing-Feeling-Prospecting (Assertive)

You can read about the various dimensions (I vs E; N vs S; F vs T; P vs J) here.

I know what it actually stands for. I thought there was a joke involved with the acronym.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18064
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:20 pm

Philip wrote:ISFP - it's all explained right here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISFP

Michael Jackson was one! Also, Cher, Barbra Streisand, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Bob Dylan, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Jimi Hendrix.

ISFP is the fourth most common type in the population. ISFPs make up:

9% of the general population
10% of women
8% of men

Popular Hobbies

Popular hobbies for ISFPs are those that use their physical or artistic skills, including independent athletics like skiing or swimming, dance, and craft projects. ISFPs also enjoy entertaining in intimate groups and exploring art and nature.


Image

Like I replied to Jac, I thought you were making a joke about what the acronym stands for in my case.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Contact:

Re: Personality types

Postby Jac3510 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:21 pm

oic :|
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue

And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18064
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:44 pm

According to Myers-Briggs, ISFPs are peaceful, easygoing people who adopt a "live and let live" approach to life. They enjoy taking things at their own pace and tend to live in the moment. Although quiet, they are pleasant, considerate, caring, and devoted to the people in their lives. Though not inclined to debate or necessarily even air their views, their values are important to them.


According to Keirsey, Composer Artisans are grounded in the here and now. They are extremely sensitive to their environment, attuned to the perceptions of their five senses even more than other sensing types are. They notice small variations in their physical world or in the people around them. They are very sensitive to balance and understand well what does or does not fit, whether in a work of art or any other aspect of their lives. ISFPs are highly conscious of their companions, but they prefer to allow others to direct their own lives. ISFPs tend to be emotionally well rounded and empathetic toward others


Omg Philip! That is me. It's so accurate, it's scary! :shock:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Contact:

Re: Personality types

Postby Jac3510 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:40 pm

RickD wrote:
According to Myers-Briggs, ISFPs are peaceful, easygoing people who adopt a "live and let live" approach to life (so long as if they are a woman they are making the ISFP a sandwich). They enjoy taking things at their own pace (not their wives') and tend to live in the moment (which usually involves ignoring their wives, unless it is to ask for a sandwich). Although quiet, they are pleasant, considerate, caring, and devoted to the people in their lives (particularly when they have been recently made a sandwich). Though not inclined to debate or necessarily even air their views, their values are important to them (so long as a woman is not around to correct them).


According to Keirsey, Composer Artisans are grounded in the here and now (especially when women are not around). They are extremely sensitive to their environment (i.e., whether or not women are present), attuned to the perceptions of their five senses even more than other sensing types are (i.e., their hunger, which they tend to be especially aware of when a woman is around--this perception usually results in a request for a sandwich). They notice small variations in their physical world or in the people around them (i.e., when their wives do not either have sandwiches in their hands or the bread and knife necessary to prepare the sandwich). They are very sensitive to (the perfect) balance (between bread, meat, and condiments) and understand well what does or does not fit (and expect their wives to understand the same when assembling said sandwich), whether in a work of art or any other aspect of their lives (although this applies most clearly to culinary needs). ISFPs are highly conscious of their companions [b](because in knowing where they are at all times, they can constantly be aware of how quickly their women can meet their nutritional needs)[/b], but they prefer to allow others to direct their own lives (so long as these others are men; if they are women, then they may direct their own lives, so long as they have satisfied all of the ISFP's aforementioned needs). ISFPs tend to be emotionally physically well rounded and empathetic toward others (who are making their sandwiches)


Omg Philip! That is me. It's so accurate, it's scary! :shock:

FTFY, Rick.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue

And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18064
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Jac3510 wrote:
RickD wrote:
According to Myers-Briggs, ISFPs are peaceful, easygoing people who adopt a "live and let live" approach to life (so long as if they are a woman they are making the ISFP a sandwich). They enjoy taking things at their own pace (not their wives') and tend to live in the moment (which usually involves ignoring their wives, unless it is to ask for a sandwich). Although quiet, they are pleasant, considerate, caring, and devoted to the people in their lives (particularly when they have been recently made a sandwich). Though not inclined to debate or necessarily even air their views, their values are important to them (so long as a woman is not around to correct them).


According to Keirsey, Composer Artisans are grounded in the here and now (especially when women are not around). They are extremely sensitive to their environment (i.e., whether or not women are present), attuned to the perceptions of their five senses even more than other sensing types are (i.e., their hunger, which they tend to be especially aware of when a woman is around--this perception usually results in a request for a sandwich). They notice small variations in their physical world or in the people around them (i.e., when their wives do not either have sandwiches in their hands or the bread and knife necessary to prepare the sandwich). They are very sensitive to (the perfect) balance (between bread, meat, and condiments) and understand well what does or does not fit (and expect their wives to understand the same when assembling said sandwich), whether in a work of art or any other aspect of their lives (although this applies most clearly to culinary needs). ISFPs are highly conscious of their companions [b](because in knowing where they are at all times, they can constantly be aware of how quickly their women can meet their nutritional needs)[/b], but they prefer to allow others to direct their own lives (so long as these others are men; if they are women, then they may direct their own lives, so long as they have satisfied all of the ISFP's aforementioned needs). ISFPs tend to be emotionally physically well rounded and empathetic toward others (who are making their sandwiches)


Omg Philip! That is me. It's so accurate, it's scary! :shock:

FTFY, Rick.

Omg Jac! That is me. It's so accurate, it's scary! :shock:
:mrgreen:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8842
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Personality types

Postby Kurieuo » Tue May 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Seriously, 6 votes and 6 introverts, are we all introverts here?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18064
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Tue May 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Kurieuo wrote:Seriously, 6 votes and 6 introverts, are we all introverts here?

Introverts are too shy to take the survey.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Contact:

Re: Personality types

Postby Jac3510 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:27 pm

I'll change my vote to some sort of extrovert if you like. I could find a people-pleaser personality and adopt it if it would make you happy.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue

And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Contact:

Re: Personality types

Postby Jac3510 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:31 pm

Nessa wrote:What bout smilies personalities?

This is how I see posters:

Mel :mrgreen:
Kurieuo :P
Rick :pound:
Jac y:-B
B.W :amen:
Phillip y:O2
Kenny :|
Edward y/:]
Storyteller y;;)
FL :-D
E.S y[-o<
1lover :welcome:
Acb :newspaper2:
Me y~o)

Thread should have been closed after this post. Winner. Of. The. Interweb.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue

And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8842
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Personality types

Postby Kurieuo » Tue May 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Jac3510 wrote:
Nessa wrote:What bout smilies personalities?

This is how I see posters:

Mel :mrgreen:
Kurieuo :P
Rick :pound:
Jac y:-B
B.W :amen:
Phillip y:O2
Kenny :|
Edward y/:]
Storyteller y;;)
FL :-D
E.S y[-o<
1lover :welcome:
Acb :newspaper2:
Me y~o)

Thread should have been closed after this post. Winner. Of. The. Interweb.

:P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image


Return to “Friendly Chit-Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest