Personality types

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!

Extrovert or Introvert?

Extrovert
0
No votes
Introvert
10
100%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17810
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:15 am

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:K,

You are unique. Just like everybody else. ;)

My husband just told me a quote tonight "You think you're unique until you have to choose a username"

There's actually truth in that :lol:

How many other people are Davidsstones?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

B35Patriot
Newbie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:35 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: In Mr. Buechner's Dream

Re: Personality types

Postby B35Patriot » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:46 am

Yeah, I took the same test on here.
http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I got ENTP.
"The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see."

I already like the sound of that.

User avatar
JButler
Established Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 10:36 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Personality types

Postby JButler » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:31 pm

In various supervision and management courses the DISC test was given to the class. DISC is an acronym which I can't remember what the letters mean anymore. But the premise was there were 4 basic personality types and knowing your type can help you understand why you do or act the way you do. Can also be used for building a team using the different types to compliment the team effort.

D was a task driven, goal oriented person whose primary objective is to get the job done. Not a big people person.
I was a glad handing, back slapping people person. A political type.
S was none of the above. Kind of a stereotypical accountant nerd type, steady Eddie, wallflower. Loves teams.
C don't recall

Took the test 3 times and results were the same every time. Have no idea how someone figured out how to put this test together but it was about 80% accurate.

Some who know me would say I was a "high I" type. I can talk to anyone about pretty much anything. Not my nature by birth but rather a learned ability to function in my career.

Growing up I never liked to be center of attention and therefore public speaking was terrifying. But if you're forced into something you're not comfortable with, you make the best of it and try to do as good as you can. After a while public speaking was actually enjoyable.

In a way you can modify your personality in certain ways, if you apply yourself as your environment changes. Now that I'm retired I'm more introverted but a lot that is due to chronic pain issues.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.

User avatar
Storyteller
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 2832
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Personality types

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:34 am

I think I remember that!

A circle divided into four with outgoing/reseved and people/task.
Cant remember what I was but remember thinking it was pretty accurate.

The test on this thread was scarily spot on.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Contact:

Re: Personality types

Postby Jac3510 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:06 am

The normal breakdown for the DISC model is:

D - active / task oriented
I - active / people oriented
S - passive / people oriented
C - passive / task oriented

I am a very, very strong C with very little of the other three. It meshes well with the INTJ profile.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue

And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

Hortator
Senior Member
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: Personality types

Postby Hortator » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:31 am

Jac3510 wrote:The normal breakdown for the DISC model is:

D - active / task oriented
I - active / people oriented
S - passive / people oriented
C - passive / task oriented

I am a very, very strong C with very little of the other three. It meshes well with the INTJ profile.

Strong SC here. Lazy shut-in describes me well.

Hey guys. I know 10 people is not nearly enough for a proper sample (maybe 10 times 10 times 10) but do you guys think there is a positive correlation between Christianity and introversion?

I think so. Christianity is a very personal ideology, dealing with the self and your own actions, and urges its adherents to be thoughtful, contemplative and dwell often on their acts and pray privately.

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Contact:

Re: Personality types

Postby Jac3510 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Hortator wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:The normal breakdown for the DISC model is:

D - active / task oriented
I - active / people oriented
S - passive / people oriented
C - passive / task oriented

I am a very, very strong C with very little of the other three. It meshes well with the INTJ profile.

Strong SC here. Lazy shut-in describes me well.

Hey guys. I know 10 people is not nearly enough for a proper sample (maybe 10 times 10 times 10) but do you guys think there is a positive correlation between Christianity and introversion?

I think so. Christianity is a very personal ideology, dealing with the self and your own actions, and urges its adherents to be thoughtful, contemplative and dwell often on their acts and pray privately.

I would bet that you're more llikely to find a correlation between people who study Christianity either formally (i.e., ministers) or informally (i.e., people who read a lot about it and talk about it on discussion boards) with introversion. But you'd have to do the study to find out!
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue

And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

IceMobster
Senior Member
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Location: Europe

Re: Personality types

Postby IceMobster » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:00 pm

Took the test 2 or 3 times, got INTJ every time.

Pretty precise, not 100% accurate, of course, since everyone is a unique individual...
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17810
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Personality types

Postby RickD » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:34 pm

IceMobster wrote:Took the test 2 or 3 times, got INTJ every time.

Pretty precise, not 100% accurate, of course, since everyone is a unique individual...

You are unique...just like everybody else.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

IceMobster
Senior Member
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Location: Europe

Re: Personality types

Postby IceMobster » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:28 pm

RickD wrote:
IceMobster wrote:Took the test 2 or 3 times, got INTJ every time.

Pretty precise, not 100% accurate, of course, since everyone is a unique individual...

You are unique...just like everybody else.

Not sure if trololo or not, but there isn't another person on this planet that has the same DNA, thoughts, emotions, emotion expressions, genes, leanings, opinions, psychological & physical characteristics (...) as yourself or myself.

And that's magnificent God's work. Alhamdulilah.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!


Return to “Friendly Chit-Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests