Who the heck said that?!

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Who the heck said that?!

Post by Nessa »

Well, if you cant beat them join them....

This thread is dedicated to the ones who dont name their quotes :mrgreen:
:
Simple rules - find something cool, interesting, amazing, funny, outrageously wrong ;), boring, or just plain ridiculous someone said on the board and quote it without their name...we have to guess who said it.

Good way to refresh yourself with older threads too ;)
As well as a way to make fun of appreciate each others unique contribution to the board y>:D<

I'll start...
I've learned nothing from you thus far. If you wanna see me to learn something, you need to seriously up your game!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Re: Who the heck said that?!

Post by Nessa »

It's probably more of a fear than a pet peeve....
Flying insects.
In particular bees and wasps.
They are unpredictable and can come at you from any angle.

I take my dog everyday for a walk or run depending on how energetic I'm feeling. I go off the path and right down by the lake, its very pretty, with lots of trees and vegetation. Last summer there was a bee hive in a tree right near where I had to walk past, it always freaked me out, depending how buzzy the bees were that day would depend if I would walk through, sometimes I would turn back and walk on the footpath but it's close to the road and not near as pretty. The last few weeks I noticed the bees were returning. I have been really looking forward to spring, but not so much as I have feared the return of the bees and swooping killer magpies.
So I headed off this afternoon with my dog, went down by the lake and past the bees. There were a few but not too many, happy days. Then I headed up the embankment as it gets to thick with vegetation to continue on and there is no dirt path up onto the main path that runs right next to a fairly busy road.
I look down at my arm and there is a bee, sitting on my sleeve. I stop and freak out slightly but I'm telling myself it's all good, just flick it off. I give it a flick and it starts buzzing around me. My dog is off the leash so I start swinging the lead around like I'm Indiana Jones, then it lands on my other sleeve. I am now starting to lose my composure. I want to just rip my top off but the are quite a few cars driving past and I hadn't put on a sports crop top, I was only wearing a bra underneath. So I pick up a stick and give it a flick, it flies away, then comes back and lands on the same sleeve.
By this stage I'm positive this bee has it in for me, and I'm going to get stung. So I wriggle my arm out of the sleeve, grasp it at the top near the shoulder with my hand from inside my top and give it a good shake.
Bee flies away. Now I have my hair in a messy bun tied loosely with a hair tie. The bee flies into my hair, I can hear it buzzing in my hair right next to my ear.
I lose it.
I grab at my hair pull the hair tie out and start shaking my head, dancing around on the spot, squealing, rustling my fingers through my hair, while I'm doing this, I still have one arm inside my shirt that is now out of my shirt so half my top is off. My dog has no idea what's going on, so she's barking and running around me in circles, I'm half naked, jumping around, shaking my head around, rustling my hair everywhere while cars are driving past me. I caught the look on one guys face as he drove past in his ute, let's just say I have no words. Priceless.
I would have looked like I just escaped from the mental hospital.
I don't like bees
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

All too easy.

First quote is Kenny.

Long quote is Mel.

You'll never get one past me.

I'm like the all seeing eye of Sauron.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

OK, let's please leave Peter and the scene of smiting the ear in the garden out of this! Peter was attempting to prevent the very thing Jesus came here to do (be arrested, convicted, killed, gloriously resurrected!). Peter still had not changed his attitude over this, as remember why Jesus previously rebuked him over his attitude over this very issue, when Jesus had emphasize what was going to happen to Him.

Also, very interesting: Jesus well knew Peter had that sword before he ever used it. Those disciples that had those two swords they responded to Jesus and His cautions over - He well knew of these as well. So, if He deemed these unacceptable offensive weapons of violence, why did He tolerate them in His midst? Why never a rebuke - EVEN WHEN His disciples revealed there presence? What were they for - back scratchers? Roasting marshmallows? And just think of the teachable moment that the question and answer about the two swords presented - what better point to powerfully crush the idea that self defensive use of weapons is acceptable - instead, the simple response: "That is enough!" AND, He sees having or obtaining a sword being so practical that He tells the disciples that if they DON'T HAVE a sword, to sell their cloak and buy one. To me, this is an unspinnable passage.

There IS "a time to kill," to defend, to protect, etc. That is what Scripture teaches. But there is also a time not to. We want to love our enemies, but there are times when THEY force our hand in the opposite direction. Yes, frighten off IF possible. ONLY wound IF you can. But these are not always options. You either stand up to evil or you don't. And that is the example in Scripture as well. People can cherry pick Scriptures as they so desire, but they must look across the whole of Scripture as well as context.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

That's Philip.

C'mon Nessa, you can do better than that.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I agree!
Last edited by Nessa on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Here's one:
hey! God has a special love for dizzy blondes - I hope y[-o<

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Just be careful. This thread could go south really easily.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa,

If that last one was too difficult, try this one:
what bout voice chat... next best thing to seeing someone in person...and i want to hear all the strange and wonderful accents :P
You did say you created this thread so we could tease you, right? y:-?

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Just be careful. This thread could go south really easily.
Any thread has the potential to go south really easily ;) Where's your community spirit? :mrgreen:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Nessa,

If that last one was too difficult, try this one:
what bout voice chat... next best thing to seeing someone in person...and i want to hear all the strange and wonderful accents :P
You did say you created this thread so we could tease you, right? y:-?
That must be that crazoiid 'maori' girl who rides unicorns...what was her name?

I've heard her voice though...
Its awful!

I mean who blimen says says 'mulk'?! :shakehead:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:That's Philip.

C'mon Nessa, you can do better than that.
You werent meant to be the only person answering them :shock: :P

They all werent meant to be overly hard...they were suppose to show personality...you know
having a good natured laugh together appreciating someones uniqueness....like mel kinda not doing the sentences all the way across....regardless of what she actually says, I can tell its her straight away. And kenny"s multiple "I agree!' When I'm not sure he does ;)
Last edited by Nessa on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
Any thread has the potential to go south really easily ;) Where's your community spirit? :mrgreen:
You guys are, err... so naughty. I'm married, so must abstain from this "community spirit" of "going south". :econfused:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
You guys are, err... so naughty. I'm married, so must abstain from this "community spirit" of "going south". :econfused:
Some people just dont know how to have fun :shakehead:

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Nessa on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
I havent even begun to look for some incriminating evidence interesting post of yours to quote yet ;)
Oh, you can trust what I say, if you can understand what I say.
I always have 100% air-tight reasoning. Or maybe that's the air-tightness is the my head? y:-?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)