The pet thread

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The pet thread

Post by Philip »

I'm feeling like this cat this morning - gotta get an IV and hook up to the coffee pot!

Happy first day of summer! Amazingly, it feels like spring outside - not hot at all!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:I'm feeling like this cat this morning - gotta get an IV and hook up to the coffee pot!

Happy first day of summer! Amazingly, it feels like spring outside - not hot at all!
Yea, not hot at all. You northerners don't know heat!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick, as you at least have consistent ocean breezes, it may actually be more uncomfortable here than down there! I live about 25 minutes north of Columbia, SC - which is marketed by it's nickname, "Famously Hot!" They didn't make that up - as it IS brutal here in the summer, though always about 10 degrees cooler in my high hills in the woods (thank GOD!!).
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Rick, as you at least have consistent ocean breezes, it may actually be more uncomfortable here than down there! I live about 25 minutes north of Columbia, SC - which is marketed by it's nickname, "Famously Hot!" They didn't make that up - as it IS brutal here in the summer, though always about 10 degrees cooler in my high hills in the woods (thank GOD!!).
Ocean breezes? I'm about 30-35 miles from the beach, as the crow flies. I'm usually 10 degrees warmer here, than the shore.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick, I really don't know how you can stand that heat and humidity after living so long in MA. I LOVE the weather in the northeast - even winter doesn't bother me. The summer, spring and fall up there are glorious!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Rick, I really don't know how you can stand that heat and humidity after living so long in MA. I LOVE the weather in the northeast - even winter doesn't bother me. The summer, spring and fall up there are glorious!
I got used to it, to a point. As long and hot the summers are here, they're not nearly as bad as the long, cold, sunless winters in Massachusetts.

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote:
Hortator wrote:Which user do you think would make the best pet?
Me.

I'm like a dog.

I'm loyal to the ones I love.

I lead a simple life. Eat, sleep, play, poop, lick myself and others...
We need Audie's assessment on this.

Paging doctor @Audie
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

I took a walk today and saw a couple taking their little dogs for a walk in a pram. Cute.