The pet thread

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nicki
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The pet thread

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote: You mean, mean, dog owner! Zapping your dog whenever she barks! Poor, poor, doggie! :lol:
Finally got a replacement collar yesterday and she's back to getting zapped! It makes her growl with frustration, but I was heartily sick of hearing her going off at the other dogs or whatever many times a day, and running out and waving a stick at her to get her to lay off. When I shut her in her area around the side of the house, like when one of the toddlers I looked after was going to be dropped off, she'd spend half the time barking without the collar, but today she was so quiet. My 7-year-old son voluntarily tested the collar today - held it on his neck and barked and said he got a bit of a zap! So apparently it works on children as well. ;)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Nicki wrote:
RickD wrote: You mean, mean, dog owner! Zapping your dog whenever she barks! Poor, poor, doggie! :lol:
Finally got a replacement collar yesterday and she's back to getting zapped! It makes her growl with frustration, but I was heartily sick of hearing her going off at the other dogs or whatever many times a day, and running out and waving a stick at her to get her to lay off. When I shut her in her area around the side of the house, like when one of the toddlers I looked after was going to be dropped off, she'd spend half the time barking without the collar, but today she was so quiet. My 7-year-old son voluntarily tested the collar today - held it on his neck and barked and said he got a bit of a zap! So apparently it works on children as well. ;)
Child rearing in the modern age...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:
Nicki wrote:
-
-
-
Spare the zapper, spoil the child!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Nicki wrote:
-
-
-
Spare the zapper, spoil the child!
:lol:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hey, why have I not considered it before - shock collars for my two rowdy boys? I wonder, though, if I might get reported to child services? :shock:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Hey, why have I not considered it before - shock collars for my two rowdy boys? I wonder, though, if I might get reported to child services? :shock:
I'll never tell. :coolcall:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

You know Kurieuo, Mel and Nicki get all the fun and entertainment with their pets ;) .....

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:You know Kurieuo, Mel and Nicki get all the fun and entertainment with their pets ;) .....

Was that kangaroos, or Mel and Nicki's husbands, after drinking too many Foster's?

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:You know Kurieuo, Mel and Nicki get all the fun and entertainment with their pets ;) .....

Was that kangaroos, or Mel and Nicki's husbands, after drinking too many Foster's?

They can balance their whole body on their tail :shock:
I am impressed to say the least!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:

And they taste like chicken too!

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:

Have you eaten at kurieuo's house then?
I hear Mrs K makes a mean kangaroo stew ;)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:

I hear Mrs K makes a mean kanga stew ;)
Yes I ate there. But they didn't call it kanga stew. They said it was a "special" Kurieuo family recipe called soylent green. It was delish!

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote: Was that kangaroos, or Mel and Nicki's husbands, after drinking too many Foster's?

Yes I ate there. But they didn't call it kanga stew. They said it was a "special" Kurieuo family recipe called soylent green. It was delish!
Im sure it was :mrgreen:
I always take my own food when I eat at their house - including marmite.. :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote: :lol:

Mrs. K is Filipino. Don't they eat dogs? Or was it cats? y:-?

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote: And they taste like chicken too!
Mrs. K is Filipino. Don't they eat dogs? Or was it cats? y:-?
Im not a pet person so Im happy with either :P