The pet thread

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

The pet thread

Post by Storyteller »

Inspired by a comment nessa made about what pets we all had.

So what, if any, pets do you have?

I have a 9 year old dog, Marley, a border terrier x staffie, a 9 week old kitten, Cosmo, a 5 year old corn snake, Hissy and two goldfish, Bubble and Pop.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The pet thread

Post by RickD »

I have one pet. Female human. 46 years old. Well trained to retrieve beer and cook food on command. Will fetch newspaper as well. Likes to cuddle too. Very obedient. She's a keeper. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:I have one pet. Female human. 46 years old. Well trained to retrieve beer and cook food on command. Will fetch newspaper as well. Likes to cuddle too. Very obedient. She's a keeper. :wave:
And your wife has a pet pig :shock:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:I have one pet. Female human. 46 years old. Well trained to retrieve beer and cook food on command. Will fetch newspaper as well. Likes to cuddle too. Very obedient. She's a keeper. :wave:
:pound:

You just made me choke on my cheeseburger! :pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

All kidding aside, I have a cat and dog. And as you can clearly see, my dog has ADD. He should be concentrating on tormenting the cat, but he keeps getting distracted to lick his paws.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
:pound:

You just made me choke on my cheeseburger! :pound:
:welcome:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:All kidding aside, I have a cat and dog. And as you can clearly see, my dog has ADD. He should be concentrating on tormenting the cat, but he keeps getting distracted to lick his paws.
Too cute for words, Ii am besotted.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Storyteller wrote:Inspired by a comment nessa made about what pets we all had.

I have a 9 year old dog, Marley, a border terrier x staffie, a 9 week old kitten, Cosmo, a 5 year old corn snake, Hissy and two goldfish, Bubble and Pop.

We have two corn snakes,one about 4 and a half foot long,we call him Big Daddy,our other corn snake is smaller,about 2 foot long,we call it Houdini,then our Boa we call Trinity.We also have a cat named Milo,recently Milo caught a rat and I got it away from him before he killed it and gave it to the Boa.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

We have two corn snakes,one about 4 and a half foot long,we call him Big Daddy,our other corn snake is smaller,about 2 foot long,we call it Houdini,then our Boa we call Trinity.We also have a cat named Milo,recently Milo caught a rat and I got it away from him before he killed it and gave it to the Boa.
You gave the cat to the boa? You horrible, horrible man! :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

You gave the cat to the boa? You horrible, horrible man! :lol:
:pound: :pound: :pound:

Sorry, must be the morphine.
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

We have a Jack Russell called Sasha - we only got her just before Easter but she's a few years old at least. She gets spoiled a bit by the kids even though she's not as much fun as she could be as she has no interest in chasing a ball or anything else except food. She's also quite lazy and never wants to go for a walk - she'd rather get in the car - but we drag her out for one most days. She was barking too much so we got her an electric bark collar a week ago - it seemed to be generally helping but sometimes she would bark several times. When I took it back to the store to get the fit checked they said it wasn't working properly, so tomorrow we should get a replacement or something. She seems to be realising she can bark at all the neighbours' dogs again - grr! I haven't made her sound like a very good dog but she's quite sweet. y:x
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:We have a Jack Russell called Sasha - we only got her just before Easter but she's a few years old at least. She gets spoiled a bit by the kids even though she's not as much fun as she could be as she has no interest in chasing a ball or anything else except food. She's also quite lazy and never wants to go for a walk - she'd rather get in the car - but we drag her out for one most days. She was barking too much so we got her an electric bark collar a week ago - it seemed to be generally helping but sometimes she would bark several times. When I took it back to the store to get the fit checked they said it wasn't working properly, so tomorrow we should get a replacement or something. She seems to be realising she can bark at all the neighbours' dogs again - grr! I haven't made her sound like a very good dog but she's quite sweet. y:x
Apparently you're not too familiar with Jack Russells. :lol:
All they do is bark. Our neighbor had a JR. From the moment they put it outside in the morning, until they took it in, it barked. She was a beautiful dog. At least until their other dog(guess what breed) bit it so hard on its back, that it died from its injuries.

The owner said that the JR kept antagonizing the other dog, until it had enough and snapped. I told him it's a good thing that one of his 3 daughters didn't antagonize the dog. I'm not sure if he really got what I was saying. :shakehead:

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote:
Nicki wrote:We have a Jack Russell called Sasha - we only got her just before Easter but she's a few years old at least. She gets spoiled a bit by the kids even though she's not as much fun as she could be as she has no interest in chasing a ball or anything else except food. She's also quite lazy and never wants to go for a walk - she'd rather get in the car - but we drag her out for one most days. She was barking too much so we got her an electric bark collar a week ago - it seemed to be generally helping but sometimes she would bark several times. When I took it back to the store to get the fit checked they said it wasn't working properly, so tomorrow we should get a replacement or something. She seems to be realising she can bark at all the neighbours' dogs again - grr! I haven't made her sound like a very good dog but she's quite sweet. y:x
Apparently you're not too familiar with Jack Russells. :lol:
All they do is bark. Our neighbor had a JR. From the moment they put it outside in the morning, until they took it in, it barked. She was a beautiful dog. At least until their other dog(guess what breed) bit it so hard on its back, that it died from its injuries.

The owner said that the JR kept antagonizing the other dog, until it had enough and snapped. I told him it's a good thing that one of his 3 daughters didn't antagonize the dog. I'm not sure if he really got what I was saying. :shakehead:
Poor thing. Ours doesn't bark constantly but she was frequently running round the backyard along the fences barking at the dogs next door and behind us, and also whenever the doorbell rang, which it does several times a day due to my home business - and whenever she heard any other suspicious noises. I couldn't get back to the pet store today for the bark collar but I'm hoping to tomorrow and then we can start over with it. We could tell she was feeling the zap when we first put it on her and she barked, but she's been as affectionate as usual with us - even though we put that nasty collar on her!
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

This is my girl Bailey. She's a 19 month old Springer Spaniel/Border Collie mix, weighs 45 lb., smart as a whip and loves to play and chase.
She's my everyday, everywhere companion, and very best friend (with 4 legs :D ). She's standing in the pond we have a camp on and is very much at home whenever the word camp is uttered... runs right to the truck and wants to go NOW ! :esurprised: It's great ! ... and so is she :ewink:

Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:This is my girl Bailey. She's a 19 month old Springer Spaniel/Border Collie mix, weighs 45 lb., smart as a whip and loves to play and chase.
She's my everyday, everywhere companion, and very best friend (with 4 legs :D ). She's standing in the pond we have a camp on and is very much at home whenever the word camp is uttered... runs right to the truck and wants to go NOW ! :esurprised: It's great ! ... and so is she :ewink:

Image fail! :lol:

-Edward R Murrow