Moods

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Moods

Post by Storyteller »

guys... I love you..

I am ashamed, im drunk.
knowingly.
yet I still cry and turn to God.
I am strong yet so weak.
so titanium but still a butterfly.
go the distance
despite the damage.
cry.
be real.
hurt
and love.
I will beat this
one day
just not today.
maybe tomorrow.

its not mine to judge
but I know its just.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:guys... I love you..

I am ashamed, im drunk.
knowingly.
yet I still cry and turn to God.
I am strong yet so weak.
so titanium but still a butterfly.
go the distance
despite the damage.
cry.
be real.
hurt
and love.
I will beat this
one day
just not today.
maybe tomorrow.

its not mine to judge
but I know its just.
That is beautiful.
Raw has its own beauty. Real honesty is something to be captured and set free. And you just did it :mrgreen: y@};- xx
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Story, your fight is not alone! Do you have - on an ONGOING basis - some mature Christians to come along side you, counsel, love you, suggest direction, give encouragement? You need this CONSTANTLY!

Where is your husband in your situation? And is he a Christian?

Praying for you, Story!
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Philip wrote:Story, your fight is not alone! Do you have - on an ONGOING basis - some mature Christians to come along side you, counsel, love you, suggest direction, give encouragement? You need this CONSTANTLY!

Praying for you, Story!
Thanks Philip :)

I`m chatting to the pastor(?) Father Dom at my local church, will be going to Mass regularly as soon as my ankle is stronger so there will be help and support there. I have the support of people here too.

Hubby drinks too so we are both fighting.... Is he a Christian? Kinda. He believes in God but he isn`t as committed as I am I guess.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:
Philip wrote:Story, your fight is not alone! Do you have - on an ONGOING basis - some mature Christians to come along side you, counsel, love you, suggest direction, give encouragement? You need this CONSTANTLY!

Praying for you, Story!

I`m chatting to the pastor(?) Father Dom at my local church, will be going to Mass regularly as soon as my ankle is stronger so there will be help and support there. I have the support of people here too.

Hubby drinks too so we are both fighting.... Is he a Christian? Kinda. He believes in God but he isn`t as committed as I am I guess.
Do you guys have good days? xx
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:
Storyteller wrote:

Praying for you, Story!

Yeah, sometimes. And I cling on to those :)

It`s a work in progress, we keep trying and I keep praying.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Storyteller wrote:

Praying for you, Story!

Yeah, sometimes. And I cling on to those :)

It`s a work in progress, we keep trying and I keep praying.
Don't ever give up.. while you are both still breathing.. there is hope :ebiggrin:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

There is always hope.
And God.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

So many words, unsaid.
So many tears shed.
So much pain to watch fly away,
Starting on another day.
A heart full of love,
and hope,
and God.

A frail strength renewed,
With another prayer.
Love and wisdom abound,
A quiet resolve undiminished.
A heart full of love,
and hope,
and God.

This is what I was missing,
Trapped in a world so dark.
Searching deep within to find,
A heart full of love,
and hope,
and God.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Story: Is he a Christian? Kinda. He believes in God but he isn`t as committed as I am I guess.
Story, I think you probably know, but there is no "kinda" as to whether one is a Christian or not. THE crucial question: Does he have faith in Jesus, that is, does he believe that Jesus is Who the Bible says He is (God in the flesh!), that He did what the Bible says He did (at Calvary), that He was crucified and rose from the dead, AND has He invited Him in/asked Jesus for the forgiveness of his sins/committed himself to following Jesus? If these things are absent, then he is NOT a Christian! But perhaps he will become one. Nothing else saves - not church attendance, baptism, good deeds - NONE of these will save; ONLY faith in Jesus. Also, this does not mean a mere intellectual belief - that one believes He existed/was a historical figure. In fact, while believing that Jesus existed/said great things, one still might suspect He was/is not God, hasn't committed to Him as their Lord God - which means they aren't saved. One has either committed themselves to Christ as their Lord or not - they've either, sincerely (from the heart and mind), asked Jesus for forgiveness and invited Him in - or not. It's not and never was about what we DO, but about us having faith in what HE has done for us and accepting and embracing it!

Hopefully, you already knew these things, but I want to make sure. It's not complicated, as it's a matter of the heart and mind, but it IS absolutely crucial!

What sort of doubts might he have? Maybe we can help?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Philip wrote:
Story: Is he a Christian? Kinda. He believes in God but he isn`t as committed as I am I guess.
Story, I think you probably know, but there is no "kinda" as to whether one is a Christian or not. THE crucial question: Does he have faith in Jesus, that is, does he believe that Jesus is Who the Bible says He is (God in the flesh!), that He did what the Bible says He did (at Calvary), that He was crucified and rose from the dead, AND has He invited Him in/asked Jesus for the forgiveness of his sins/committed himself to following Jesus? If these things are absent, then he is NOT a Christian! But perhaps he will become one. Nothing else saves - not church attendance, baptism, good deeds - NONE of these will save; ONLY faith in Jesus. Also, this does not mean a mere intellectual belief - that one believes He existed/was a historical figure. In fact, while believing that Jesus existed/said great things, one still might suspect He was/is not God, hasn't committed to Him as their Lord God - which means they aren't saved. One has either committed themselves to Christ as their Lord or not - they've either, sincerely (from the heart and mind), asked Jesus for forgiveness and invited Him in - or not. It's not and never was about what we DO, but about us having faith in what HE has done for us and accepting and embracing it!

Hopefully, you already knew these things, but I want to make sure. It's not complicated, as it's a matter of the heart and mind, but it IS absolutely crucial!

What sort of doubts might he have? Maybe we can help?
He believes Christ is who the Bible says He is but thinks a lot of the Bible isn't literal. He hasn't invited Christ into his heart and life, yet.
He won't really talk to me about it, he just says church isn't for him and he doesn't want it to take over his life.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Think jesus got moody? I mean is being moody a sin?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I dont know Christ that well through Scripture yet but I do know Him.
He is the light to my darkness.
My armour, my sword.
My Saviour.
My God.
My Father.
Creator.
My reason for being.

How can I not worship and marvel at that?

And all, because He forgives me.
and loves me enough.
to die for me.