TWO TRILLION galaxies? Not so fast!

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Philip
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 663 times

TWO TRILLION galaxies? Not so fast!

Post by Philip » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:01 am

Science is forever obtaining new understandings - and this looks to be one of them:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nasa-fi ... st-thought

And so what are the implications?

Challenger007
Familiar Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: TWO TRILLION galaxies? Not so fast!

Post by Challenger007 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:51 am

I think this is an excellent ground for the further development of science, because humanity needs to move on and on.

Philip
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Philip » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:51 pm

Challenger wrote: I think this is an excellent ground for the further development of science, because humanity needs to move on and on.
Wherever man goes, the same infected thinking will follow them. There is no "safe room" - or planet - that would be immune to it. And who will get to go - only monied elites, powerful people? Wouldn't be long, if enough people went to some unpopulated planet, before frontier lawlessness would make it a nightmare. Plus, the nearest planets we could inhabit - if they exist - are way too far away. But nice fantasy, though - enjoy the Star Trek shows on Hulu!

Challenger007
Familiar Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Challenger007 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:36 am

Philip wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:51 pm
Challenger wrote: I think this is an excellent ground for the further development of science, because humanity needs to move on and on.
Wherever man goes, the same infected thinking will follow them. There is no "safe room" - or planet - that would be immune to it. And who will get to go - only monied elites, powerful people? Wouldn't be long, if enough people went to some unpopulated planet, before frontier lawlessness would make it a nightmare. Plus, the nearest planets we could inhabit - if they exist - are way too far away. But nice fantasy, though - enjoy the Star Trek shows on Hulu!
I think you will agree that a person should have hope. Hope for the best. Even if it is strange and unreal, a person needs to believe in something, to strive for something. Without hope, a person will just go with the flow and that's it.