clip from matt dillahunty matt slick debate

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

clip from matt dillahunty matt slick debate

Post by bippy123 »

Im not by any means a matt slick fan but he really makes a great argument here on atheism and the justification of the laws of logic from the worldview

youtube.com/watch?v=ivxsca_1fmk
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: clip from matt dillahunty matt slick debate

Post by abelcainsbrother »

bippy123 wrote:Im not by any means a matt slick fan but he really makes a great argument here on atheism and the justification of the laws of logic from the worldview

youtube.com/watch?v=ivxsca_1fmk
Thanks and I agree.I recognize that there are many ways we can make a case for God over atheism,I just don't prefer the Presupp arguments myself,however they can be effective.I still say that shockofGod who is a former atheist made much more of an impact when he called into Matt Dillahunty or "The atheist experience" and asked them for proof and evidence atheism is accurate and correct and it has been seven years now and he has continued to challenge every atheists he can to provide proof and evidence atheism is accurate and correct and not one atheist ever has. I mean it is a question that atheists do not want to be confronted with and there only reponse is to explain how atheism is not a claim and so they don't have to provide proof and evidence atheism is accurate and correct,admitting to everybody that they have absolutely no proof and evidence atheism is accurate and correct.

Here is shockofGod giving his testimony about why he left atheism and him continuing to challenge atheists to give proof and evidence atheism is accurate and correct.Even William Lane Craig is starting to bring this type of an argument into his debates with atheists also.

Why I left Atheism
https://youtu.be/CdJJ4vzGbIE
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

I like the shocker . I've been following his you tube videos for years . He's got a cool bike too lol
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I think Ray Comfort and his ilk can use this too. They generally have a bad rap outside the Evangelical community.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:I think Ray Comfort and his ilk can use this too. They generally have a bad rap outside the Evangelical community.
Ray comfort isn't well liked within the evangelical community.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:I think Ray Comfort and his ilk can use this too. They generally have a bad rap outside the Evangelical community.
Why is that?
Is it bc his apologetic techniques are bad?
He can still use this though.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
Why is that?
Two things off the top of my head:
1) From what I've seen, Ray Comfort treats atheists, and others he speaks to, as the enemy, instead of treating them like someone who needs the love of Christ.

2) He preaches a false gospel.

Here's a thread from a while back, where some of this is discussed.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
Why is that?
Two things off the top of my head:
1) From what I've seen, Ray Comfort treats atheists, and others he speaks to, as the enemy, instead of treating them like someone who needs the love of Christ.

2) He preaches a false gospel.

Here's a thread from a while back, where some of this is discussed.
oh I thought it was his ways of teaching about evolution vs strict creationism. My church sometimes watches his video "Evolution vs God" which I thought was alright even though I noticed he teaches a wrong view of evolution.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Admittedly, I actually didn't mind Comfort's recent Atheist Delusion film. :shelp:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Kurieuo wrote:Admittedly, I actually didn't mind Comfort's recent Atheist Delusion film. :shelp:
If God's plans are perfect, why the point in prayer? That was basically what someone in the comments said.
I see so many logical fallacies in the comments section I actually am laughing.