Is God responsible?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is God responsible?

Post by 1over137 »

Kurieuo wrote:Asking God to reveal Himself, often involves a process you go through on God's terms to reach that end. God is more interested in the heart of a person seeking for knowledge, rather than simply making them believe. Consider that everyone will end up believing in God when they die and end up before Him. Yet, the proof of our rejection or love for God is found in this life.
Well said K.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Kenny wrote:
Philip wrote:
So, to those unbelievers reading this, I ask:

A) Have you ever asked God to reveal Himself to you, of His existence and more?

B) And IF you asked God (A above), did you REALLY want to know, no matter what He's like, even if He differs in ways that you wouldn't have expected? Remember, God's reality doesn't change based upon our feelings or perceptions. He is Who He is - and not how you might desire Him to be.

C) If you haven't done A and B above, WHY not???!!!

D) As Hana's friend explained, the key to discerning God's existence and exactly WHO He is, is NOT a mere matter ONLY of one's intellect. And THAT, my friends, may well be your problem. Is you may well think that ONLY your OWN reasoning and discernment about the issue of God's existence is adequate to your understandings! And so WHO is the real problem here, amongst unbelievers reading this?
For me the answers are as follows:
A. Yes
B. Yes
C. N/A
D. Perhaps my own reasoning and intellect are the only tools I have to work with. So if I can’t find something with that, I won’t find it.
I am reminded of an atheist description of theism; he said;
Theism is like a blind man scrambling around a dark room, looking for a black cat that isn’t there; AND FINDING IT.
When I look at the big picture that is how it has been for me, except I never found the cat; I just pretended I did.

Ken
Ken,
is your answer to the question B honest/right/correct (cant find proper word)?
Do you accept God no matter what he is like, no matter what are his ways? Even ways of revealing himself to people?
God says that those who call to him will not be rejected. (What a great promise btw.)
As C.S. Lewis says, it can take some time. But the waiting time at the end we can see did some good for us.

So Kenny, good news for you: if you call to him with sincere heart you will not be rejected.

Have a nice day.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Philip wrote:
So, to those unbelievers reading this, I ask:

A) Have you ever asked God to reveal Himself to you, of His existence and more?

B) And IF you asked God (A above), did you REALLY want to know, no matter what He's like, even if He differs in ways that you wouldn't have expected? Remember, God's reality doesn't change based upon our feelings or perceptions. He is Who He is - and not how you might desire Him to be.

C) If you haven't done A and B above, WHY not???!!!

D) As Hana's friend explained, the key to discerning God's existence and exactly WHO He is, is NOT a mere matter ONLY of one's intellect. And THAT, my friends, may well be your problem. Is you may well think that ONLY your OWN reasoning and discernment about the issue of God's existence is adequate to your understandings! And so WHO is the real problem here, amongst unbelievers reading this?
For me the answers are as follows:
A. Yes
B. Yes
C. N/A
D. Perhaps my own reasoning and intellect are the only tools I have to work with. So if I can’t find something with that, I won’t find it.
I am reminded of an atheist description of theism; he said;
Theism is like a blind man scrambling around a dark room, looking for a black cat that isn’t there; AND FINDING IT.
When I look at the big picture that is how it has been for me, except I never found the cat; I just pretended I did.

Ken
Ken,
is your answer to the question B honest/right/correct (cant find proper word)?
Do you accept God no matter what he is like, no matter what are his ways? Even ways of revealing himself to people?
God says that those who call to him will not be rejected. (What a great promise btw.)
As C.S. Lewis says, it can take some time. But the waiting time at the end we can see did some good for us.

So Kenny, good news for you: if you call to him with sincere heart you will not be rejected.

Have a nice day.
All my answers were honest, correct, sincere. But I am also human; not a machine. As a human, when evidence tells me that I am wrong I eventually accept that evidence as the truth.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

That actually answers a lot of questions I had about your search Ken.