Is Belief in God Delusional or Non-Belief?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is Belief in God Delusional or Non-Belief?

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:So, let me see if I have this right...

Ken has never experienced an imaginary god that he made up in his mind.

Come on Kenny, at least when I was a child, I had a pink elephant as an imaginary friend. And let me tell you, he was as real as any of the real friends I had.
:pound:
You believed in Pink Elephants? I used to believe the life of all of mankind was cartoons for creatures on another planet. I used to believe just as I would look and laugh at Tom and Jerry on tv, some alien on another planet is looking and laughing at me and my brothers through their TV; eating dinner, playing with the dog, or doing our homework. Just because that isn't funny to us, doesn't mean it isn't funny to the creatures on another planet.

Ken
Pink elephantS, plural? No. That would be crazy. I had one imaginary, pink elephant friend. And he used to sit next to me on the couch. And my parents would sit on him because they didn't know he was there.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Is Belief in God Delusional or Non-Belief?

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:So, let me see if I have this right...

Ken has never experienced an imaginary god that he made up in his mind.

Come on Kenny, at least when I was a child, I had a pink elephant as an imaginary friend. And let me tell you, he was as real as any of the real friends I had.
:pound:
You believed in Pink Elephants? I used to believe the life of all of mankind was cartoons for creatures on another planet. I used to believe just as I would look and laugh at Tom and Jerry on tv, some alien on another planet is looking and laughing at me and my brothers through their TV; eating dinner, playing with the dog, or doing our homework. Just because that isn't funny to us, doesn't mean it isn't funny to the creatures on another planet.

Ken
Pink elephantS, plural? No. That would be crazy. I had one imaginary, pink elephant friend. And he used to sit next to me on the couch. And my parents would sit on him because they didn't know he was there.
(LOL) Sounds like we both had some healthy imaginations as children

K
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".