Is Atheism a Belief System?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Is Atheism a Belief System?

Post by Kenny »

Kurieuo wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:So then, is this for you like kind of part of Jesus' split nature?

That is, similar to how Jesus used Jewish teachings of their God of war to get them hear his reinvented message of a loving God or what have you, Jesus is purposefully misleading people as a charlatan yet all for some good cause?

Really, I feel if a person deceives especially on Benny Hinn scale, then they're not really teaching love or about such. Truth ought to be never forsaken in love. Sadly, many today I believe do think truth should be set aside for love, but to me such love is built upon quicksand.
I would find it difficulty to speak ill of Jesus because he never wrote anything down. The only thing we know is what other people said about him. I would consider it unfair to judge him harshly based on what other people said of him
Oh, turtle head, how do I bring you out of your shell?
You seem to come out, and then go back in at the slightest discomfort.
(LOL)

K
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Is Atheism a Belief System?

Post by Byblos »

Kurieuo wrote: Oh, turtle head, how do I bring you out of your shell?
You seem to come out, and then go back in at the slightest discomfort.
Turtle head and discomfort in the same sentence. Oy! This topic stinks. :pound:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.