What am "I"? Who am "I"?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: What am "I"? Who am "I"?

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote: Audie,

If you're not going to write in plain English, I can't understand what you're saying. I don't do well with cryptic language. Straightforward, simple English works best with my simple brain.
Greeks. They no find out that the earth revolves around the sun.

You say this. Or the early Greeks found out that the earth actually revolves around the sun.

You wrong.

You apologize now?
:pound:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristarchus_of_Samos
Ah,we play dueling websites!

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/20 ... e_sun.html

But the Earth does not revolve around the Sun. At least, not exactly. Time to get pedantic. "Technically, what is going on is that the Earth, Sun and all the planets are orbiting around the center of mass of the solar system," writes Cathy Jordan, a Cornell University Ask an Astronomer contributor.Aug 5, 2014

http://zidbits.com/2011/09/the-earth-do ... t-the-sun/
:shock:
:greedy:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Audie wrote:
Greeks. They no find out that the earth revolves around the sun.

You say this. Or the early Greeks found out that the earth actually revolves around the sun.

You wrong.

You apologize now?
:pound:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristarchus_of_Samos

But the Earth does not revolve around the Sun. At least, not exactly. Time to get pedantic. "Technically, what is going on is that the Earth, Sun and all the planets are orbiting around the center of mass of the solar system," writes Cathy Jordan, a Cornell University Ask an Astronomer contributor.Aug 5, 2014

You complain about how I write; "cryptic" you say. WTF is "shock" and, "greedy" supposed to mean?

Not an apology, I dont suppose. Its the polite thin g, I hear, when you are wrong.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

You complain about how I write; "cryptic" you say. WTF is "shock" and, "greedy" supposed to mean?

Not an apology, I dont suppose. Its the polite thin g, I hear, when you are wrong.
It means I'm shocked that you'd post a link that says the earth doesn't "technically" revolve around the sun. When the sun is in the center of the solar system, that kinda means the earth revolves around the sun. And the :greedy: means I'm taking my ball and I'm going home. y[-(
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

It means I'm shocked that you'd post a link that says the earth doesn't "technically" revolve around the sun. When the sun is in the center of the solar system, that kinda means the earth revolves around the sun. And the :greedy: means I'm taking my ball and I'm going home. y[-(
Kinda means you cant admit you were wrong.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Were or are? :mrgreen:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie,

If you want to quibble and say that the earth technically doesn't revolve around the sun, then you'll have to find someone else to quibble with.

As they say in Massachusetts, stop being retahded.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Storyteller wrote:Were or are? :mrgreen:
Was and still is.

But what is the use.

When I am wrong, see, I am supposed to apologize.

When he is wrong, it means I am retarded.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:Audie,

If you want to quibble and say that the earth technically doesn't revolve around the sun, then you'll have to find someone else to quibble with.

Well speaking of quibble, maybe Captian Quibble would be a better name than Rita.

See we had this..
.MellyJae61595 wrote:
I just don't fully understand how we got here. Science says one thing in the bible says another. Are these just opinions?
And i pointed out that there is a whole lot more to science than just opinions.

So along comes Cap'n Q, and goes off on a wild tangent with the word
"opinion", and in the process trips himself up. Admit he was wrong, tho?
Anything but.

Let alone admit that the Good Captain was quibbling technicalities to absolutely no point over the word "opinion", other, that is, than to derail to topic.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:

Well speaking of quibble, maybe Captian Quibble would be a better name than Rita.

See we had this..
.MellyJae61595 wrote:
I just don't fully understand how we got here. Science says one thing in the bible says another. Are these just opinions?

Anything but.

Let alone admit that the Good Captain was quibbling technicalities to absolutely no point over the word "opinion", other, that is, than to derail to topic.
Twasn't to derail the topic. Twas to annoy you. Cap'n Q. I like that. We can be a team. Cap'n Q and the little stubborn broad. :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

See we had this..
.MellyJae61595 wrote:

Anything but.

Twasn't to derail the topic. Twas to annoy you. Cap'n Q. I like that. We can be a team. Cap'n Q and the little stubborn broad. :pound:

Maybe...but I dont do sidekick.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

See we had this..
.MellyJae61595 wrote:

Anything but.

Oops sorry. Little Stubborn broad, and her sidekick, Cap'n Q.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

See we had this..
.MellyJae61595 wrote:

Anything but.

Oops sorry. Little Stubborn broad, and her sidekick, Cap'n Q.
See, this is more progress on identity than all the other posts combined.

Try for some pictures.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
Try for some pictures.
This is the best I can do on short notice:

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
Try for some pictures.
[img]//s32.postimg.org/wqkryg]
Nonononononono.

Try something like this

//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrTcYLPsT9XlSsAFhGJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIzbzloa2NjBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM3ODUxMzMyOWE4ZTFlYTAyNjgyYTdkZDBjOGIyNDM5YgRncG9zAzEyBGl0A2Jpbmc-?.origin=&back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dchinese%2Bwarriorvwoman%26fr%3Dcrmas%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D12&w=736&h=552&imgurl=s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F79%2F02%2Fc4%2F7902c4717a90522f46d4894edf265c6d.jpg&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F182255116142661028%2F&size=66.6KB&name=Woman+Warrior+Women+Sunsets+Samurai+Armor+Asians+Artwork+Realistic+...&p=chinese+warrior+woman&oid=78513329a8e1ea02682a7dd0c8b2439b&fr2=piv-web&fr=crmas&rw=chinese+warrior+woman&tt=Woman+Warrior+Women+Sunsets+Samurai+Armor+Asians+Artwork+Realistic+...&b=0&ni=21&no=12&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11h75c2qs&sigb=13b20t4nm&sigi=12fljc8bv&sigt=1261l3nju&sign=1261l3nju&.crumb=mXH1Qg3sQgd&fr=crmas&fr2=piv-web
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
Try for some pictures.
[img]//s32.postimg.org/wqkryg]
Nonononononono.

Try something like this

//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrTcYLPsT9XlSsAFhGJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIzbzloa2NjBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM3ODUxMzMyOWE4ZTFlYTAyNjgyYTdkZDBjOGIyNDM5YgRncG9zAzEyBGl0A2Jpbmc-?.origin=&back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dchinese%2Bwarriorvwoman%26fr%3Dcrmas%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D12&w=736&h=552&imgurl=s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F79%2F02%2Fc4%2F7902c4717a90522f46d4894edf265c6d.jpg&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F182255116142661028%2F&size=66.6KB&name=Woman+Warrior+Women+Sunsets+Samurai+Armor+Asians+Artwork+Realistic+...&p=chinese+warrior+woman&oid=78513329a8e1ea02682a7dd0c8b2439b&fr2=piv-web&fr=crmas&rw=chinese+warrior+woman&tt=Woman+Warrior+Women+Sunsets+Samurai+Armor+Asians+Artwork+Realistic+...&b=0&ni=21&no=12&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11h75c2qs&sigb=13b20t4nm&sigi=12fljc8bv&sigt=1261l3nju&sign=1261l3nju&.crumb=mXH1Qg3sQgd&fr=crmas&fr2=piv-web

And her devoted sidekick

//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrTcYKIsj9XZKoANHyJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIzNDAxcm1xBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM3NzlkZjFkMGZhOThjM2UxMWRhZDMxZmVlMjlhZGMxNQRncG9zAzYxBGl0A2Jpbmc-?.origin=&back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dralph%2Bsteadman%26fr%3Dcrmas%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26nost%3D1%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D61&w=431&h=500&imgurl=farm4.staticflickr.com%2F3230%2F3103663993_d18e48b2a0_z.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fkevinburch%2F3103663993%2F&size=91.1KB&name=%3Cb%3ERalph+Steadman%3C%2Fb%3E+Forgery&p=ralph+steadman&oid=779df1d0fa98c3e11dad31fee29adc15&fr2=piv-web&fr=crmas&tt=%3Cb%3ERalph+Steadman%3C%2Fb%3E+Forgery&b=61&ni=21&no=61&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11ju6robs&sigb=13b46r47p&sigi=11nilhue0&sigt=10th408gl&sign=10th408gl&.crumb=mXH1Qg3sQgd&fr=crmas&fr2=piv-web