Tolstoy and belief

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Tolstoy and belief

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Kenny wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Kenny wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:You don't know who Tolstoy is ?
Was he a person incapable of being depressed?

Ken
Yes, yes he was.
What was it about him that made him incapable of becoming depressed?

Ken
He never visited this website and had to deal with skeptics that refuse to understand.
:eugeek:
Well that's too bad; if he had the poor soul probably wouldn't have been so depressed.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Oncologist: I'm sorry, ma'am, but your cancer is terminal.
Patient: Oh my, what a terribly depressing thing to say!
Oncologist: Yes, I know it's hard. Now, I do want you to know th--
Patient: You must be a very depressed individual.
Oncologist: I beg your pardon?
Patient: To say such terrible things, I mean. You must be very depressed person.
Oncologist: Giving someone this information isn't my favorite part, to be sure. Now, it is important that you und--
Patient: Information? What information? Please. This is clearly just you being depressed. A positive person would never say something so cruel.
Oncologist: . . .
Patient: I mean, really . . . what gives you the right to make such pronouncements? I have a psychologist friend I could refer you to. Call me if you decide you'd like to get your problem taken care of. (Patient storms out, self-satisfied that she is so much more of a positive and enlightened person than such negative, moody people as that supid oncologist.)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Jac3510 wrote:Oncologist: I'm sorry, ma'am, but your cancer is terminal.
Patient: Oh my, what a terribly depressing thing to say!
Oncologist: Yes, I know it's hard. Now, I do want you to know th--
Patient: You must be a very depressed individual.
Oncologist: I beg your pardon?
Patient: To say such terrible things, I mean. You must be very depressed person.
Oncologist: Giving someone this information isn't my favorite part, to be sure. Now, it is important that you und--
Patient: Information? What information? Please. This is clearly just you being depressed. A positive person would never say something so cruel.
Oncologist: . . .
Patient: I mean, really . . . what gives you the right to make such pronouncements? I have a psychologist friend I could refer you to. Call me if you decide you'd like to get your problem taken care of. (Patient storms out, self-satisfied that she is so much more of a positive and enlightened person than such negative, moody people as that supid oncologist.)
Classic. :clap: