If Jesus was God, why wasn't He more obvious?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: If Jesus was God, why wasn't He more obvious?

Post by RickD »

Kenny,

You completely ran this thread into the ground. You don't understand what's being discussed. Please refrain from posting any further in this thread.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:Kenny,

You completely ran this thread into the ground. You don't understand what's being discussed. Please refrain from posting any further in this thread.
If you have a problem with what I have to say, stop talking to me!

K
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:

K
Kenny,
As a moderator, I'm asking you to stop posting in this thread. I won't ask again.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:

K
Kenny,
As a moderator, I'm asking you to stop posting in this thread. I won't ask again.
What have I said that was so offensive? If you are going to at least pretend to be fair about this, you owe me an explanation of why you want to silence me. If this is an attempt to use your position as a moderator to be a bully and push your weight around, then as a moderator, you disappoint me bro; you should be better than this!

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:

K
Kenny,
What have I said that was so offensive? If you are going to at least pretend to be fair about this, you owe me an explanation of why you want to silence me. If this is an attempt to use your position as a moderator to be a bully and push your weight around, then as a moderator, you disappoint me bro; you should be better than this!

Ken
Kenny,

You completely derailed this thread. You do not understand what's being discussed. I'm not trying to silence you. I asked you to stop posting only in this thread. You can still post in other threads.

I'm only using my position as a moderator, to moderate this thread. Thank you for understanding.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Rick, just split the thread then.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:Rick, just split the thread then.
Great idea Hana!

Here you go Kenny. You can continue the discussion you started here:

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 00#p166000

:D

-Edward R Murrow

ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
MBPrata wrote:Any ideas on this issue?
Yeah. Whatever God does to prove his existence will be of no consequence to unbelievers. God could send ten plagues on Egypt, split the waters of the sea to let the Israelites pass through, rain down sustenance from the sky to feed a people on a 40-year journey, make sure their sandals never wore out on that journey, stop the flow of the Jordan river to let his people cross over into Israel, have the walls of Jericho fall without any reason, impress upon some guy called Isaiah the words describing Cyrus and the coming Messiah, feed thousands with food scraps several times, raise a few guys from death, impress many with teachings, rise from the dead after his own execution...

Walking on water? that's nothing! :pound: ...whatever...in the end, the scum that we humans are will always find some way to say that it wasn't true. So, as for Jesus flying through the air and transplanting mountains here and there as you suggested, you wouldn't have believed those tricks anyway.

The problem is with you, not with what Jesus did to prove who he is.

FL y:-B
IMHO you are wrong to lump all unbelievers together. How many unbelievers would do as you say I don't know. Some would. Maybe most. Maybe even the great majority. But enough would not to make a difference, to them at least. Abraham was right when he talked to God about Sodom.