Questioning Dawkins

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Questioning Dawkins

Post by Kurieuo »

Think this is appropriate to this forum area.

"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Questioning Dawkins

Post by Ivellious »

I have to say this is rather unimpressive due to the harsh jump-cuts in the film, the really unprofessional added sound effects, and the fact that it unbelievably cuts off the answer to the last question, since obviously the exchange does not end there. Why cut it off there? To make Dawkins look dumb, not to fairly show his answer to the question.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I agree with Ivel, is there a link to the whole debate as this was just silly?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Umm... you guys do realise it was joke and purposefully chopped and changed? I thought it'd be obvious to all it was a joke. It's meant to be amusing.

Given what Dawkins (and his friends like Krauss) really do dish out... if a little bit of a joke can't be handled, then that's just sad.

The full debate can be found here:

But I'd much rather divert your attention to this one:

I'm sure you both will love that one with Craig with "Dawkins" just as much. :pound:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Well I do admit I did laugh when I watched it, but I was still not sure if it was serious or not. When I watch debates I usually go for the full thing, so I have not seen any atheist videos taking the Mickey, that's probably why I didn't get it.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.