heaven hotter than hell

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

heaven hotter than hell

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Fri May 19, 2017 7:22 am

So some people say that they did studies or something and found out heaven is hotter than hell, I think it is a half baked attempt to get out of wanting to get to heaven.
https://www.google.com/search?q=heaven+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby Kenny » Fri May 19, 2017 8:37 am

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:So some people say that they did studies or something and found out heaven is hotter than hell, I think it is a half baked attempt to get out of wanting to get to heaven.
https://www.google.com/search?q=heaven+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Why would someone not want to get to Heaven?

Ken

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7918
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby B. W. » Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 am

Kenny wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:So some people say that they did studies or something and found out heaven is hotter than hell, I think it is a half baked attempt to get out of wanting to get to heaven.
https://www.google.com/search?q=heaven+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Why would someone not want to get to Heaven?

Ken


Well Ken, why don't you?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18094
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby RickD » Fri May 19, 2017 9:28 am

Heat rises, so it only makes sense that heaven is hotter. :lol:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Fri May 19, 2017 10:29 am

Kenny wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:So some people say that they did studies or something and found out heaven is hotter than hell, I think it is a half baked attempt to get out of wanting to get to heaven.
https://www.google.com/search?q=heaven+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Why would someone not want to get to Heaven?

Ken

Well, thinking back it might not be an attempt to get away from heaven as much as mocking the idea of a hot hell and blissful heaven.
I don't know why people would want to get out of heaven, some people say they want to go to hell or you'll see them in hell, thinking it is some awesome place. Reminds me of the phrase "better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven". Will they be wrong.

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby Kenny » Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 pm

B. W. wrote:
Kenny wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:So some people say that they did studies or something and found out heaven is hotter than hell, I think it is a half baked attempt to get out of wanting to get to heaven.
https://www.google.com/search?q=heaven+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Why would someone not want to get to Heaven?

Ken


Well Ken, why don't you?
-
-
-

I was speaking hypothetically.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8853
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby Kurieuo » Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 pm

Kenny wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:So some people say that they did studies or something and found out heaven is hotter than hell, I think it is a half baked attempt to get out of wanting to get to heaven.
https://www.google.com/search?q=heaven+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Why would someone not want to get to Heaven?

Ken

Because God is there. Do you think when people die, given an afterlife, their questionings and judgements about God will change simply because they see God exists?

Take a read of some of these responses: https://www.quora.com/Atheists-what-if-you-died-and-found-out-that-god-exists
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby Kenny » Sat May 20, 2017 12:11 am

Kurieuo wrote:
Kenny wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:So some people say that they did studies or something and found out heaven is hotter than hell, I think it is a half baked attempt to get out of wanting to get to heaven.
https://www.google.com/search?q=heaven+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Why would someone not want to get to Heaven?

Ken

Because God is there. Do you think when people die, given an afterlife, their questionings and judgements about God will change simply because they see God exists?

Take a read of some of these responses: https://www.quora.com/Atheists-what-if-you-died-and-found-out-that-god-exists


I don't think it is the Theists who judge God harshly; I think it is the Atheist who do that. Someone who doesn't believe in God probably isn't going to believe in an actual Heaven and Hell either, thus he probably won't be making up excuses to get out of going to a place he is convinced doesn't exist

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8853
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby Kurieuo » Sat May 20, 2017 6:33 am

I think you're disagreeing, but I'm not sure what with. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. My response was quite straight up, there are people who just wouldn't want heaven because God is there.

The link I provided, shows just how many Atheists would judge God should they find themselves surprised with an afterlife. God, given God exists, isn't liked by a whole lot of people who identify as Atheists. They have zero trust in God's goodness, yet strangely a lot of trust in their own.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat May 20, 2017 8:25 am

That's part of the rebellion in us started by Adam and Eve, imo. We tend to trust in ourselves. Another factor in why many atheists don't trust God is that they think he's evil. I mentioned this in another thread.

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby Kenny » Sat May 20, 2017 8:58 am

Kurieuo wrote:I think you're disagreeing, but I'm not sure what with. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. My response was quite straight up, there are people who just wouldn't want heaven because God is there.

The link I provided, shows just how many Atheists would judge God should they find themselves surprised with an afterlife. God, given God exists, isn't liked by a whole lot of people who identify as Atheists. They have zero trust in God's goodness, yet strangely a lot of trust in their own.

I was responding to a claim of what someone might do in order to get out of going to heaven. Now; since Atheists don’t believe in Heaven, we must be talking strictly about Theists right? But then, a link was provided about Atheists who would not want to go to Heaven if God and Heaven existed. But my point was; we’re not talking about Atheists, we’re talking about Theists because they are the ones who believe there is an actual Heaven. Now if there were a link of Theists who actually believe there IS a God residing in Heaven, who don't want to go because they are critical of God; it would all make more sense.

Ken

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8853
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby Kurieuo » Sat May 20, 2017 9:49 am

No, I think you've confused yourself Kenny, Atheists can still entertain hypothetical questions. Even those who claim not to believe in God have a conception of what God would be like if asked to assume God exists.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby Kenny » Sat May 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Kurieuo wrote:No, I think you've confused yourself Kenny, Atheists can still entertain hypothetical questions. Even those who claim not to believe in God have a conception of what God would be like if asked to assume God exists.
No confusion; initially I was making a point under the assumption that the person making the claim actually believes what he is saying. But I can see your point of a person making such a claim hypothetically.

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7918
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby B. W. » Mon May 22, 2017 11:11 am

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:So some people say that they did studies or something and found out heaven is hotter than hell, I think it is a half baked attempt to get out of wanting to get to heaven.
https://www.google.com/search?q=heaven+ ... e&ie=UTF-8


Like to add a bit of humor but.. oh well...

Why is Heaven Hotter than Hell? Women get cold real easy... :fryingpan: before the Hot flashes start :fighting:

:mrgreen:
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1420
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: heaven hotter than hell

Postby edwardmurphy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Kid, the story that you linked is what's known as a "joke." Here's another:

Is Hell exothermic or endothermic?

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington engineering mid term. The answer was so profound that the Professor shared it with colleagues, which is why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or Endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law, (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:
"First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa Banyan during my Freshman year, "...that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you." and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then, #2 cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze."

This student received the only A in the class.


See? It's engineering humor.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Something for us all to consider. (Thanks, Paul)

Individual, silent, personal prayer never has and never could be outlawed in public schools. - FFRF


Return to “Questioning Non-belief”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests