Son of Sam/Son of Hope

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Son of Sam/Son of Hope

Postby Nessa » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:41 pm

FL told me about this guy awhile ago when discussing God's unconditonal love.

Some people would think this guy is unworthy of it and they would be right.
But then, neither are we deserving of it either.

Philip
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Son of Sam/Son of Hope

Postby Philip » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Berk is evidence of one following his own hatred to terrible ends. Nowadays, he may well be truly saved. But he also truly deserves to stay in jail for the rest of his life. Actually, he deserves to be put to death. But that's in this life. I can easily see how unsaved people become consumed by their anger and hatred. Of course, we're seeing that more and more, with each new terrible headline of the unthinkable playing out on the streets! But it's not just the "way out there" wackos that their anger destroys them.

Not long ago, I had a great shock. I learned that a beautiful girl (both inside and out) I'd had a brief romance with, in my later teens, was murdered by her own husband. I'd always wondered what had become of her, and I happened to see an old lady who was from the same town, and so I asked about her. Seems her husband had terrible anger and jealously issues. She was a really wonderful Christian. From all outward indications, it appeared her husband was as well. He'd been a deacon and leader in his church. Turns out she'd sought her pastor out over her fears, yet received no real help, other than "to tough it out, prayerfully." And so, not long afterward, one terrible night (about three years ago), she was shot by her husband. He claimed she'd shot herself, despite many doubts by law enforcement. Not long afterward, many inconsistencies, questions and pressure by authorities began to mount. And so, right before being indited, he killed himself - destroyed by his own uncontrollable anger.

Return to “Christian Testimonies”