My journey

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: My journey

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:She doesn't see it as a sin hana, she doesn't believe in God. She knows that my beliefs are that what she practises isn't natural but she also knows that I love her.
She's had her fill of being condemned and shunned and she loves her family, I can relate to that. God loves her, so do I, I'm not gonna tell her God rejects her because of her sexuality. I'm gonna show her that God loves her, is waiting for her, all she has to do is trust that.
She has opened up to me hana, she trusts me, she knows how I care about God, I think she is curious, she wants to know God, she's just been told time and time again that God will not love her because she is a lesbian. that breaks my heart.
Annette,

With posts like this, you are truly wise beyond your years!

Edit: never mind. I just looked at your profile, and it says you're 46. You're supposed to be wise at your age.
Uh, Rick? Speaking of obtaining wisdom...I just looked at your profile....

You better get a hurry on... :running:

:P
bbyrd009
BANNED
Sex: Male

Post by bbyrd009 »

Nessa wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Storyteller wrote:She doesn't see it as a sin hana, she doesn't believe in God. She knows that my beliefs are that what she practises isn't natural but she also knows that I love her.
She's had her fill of being condemned and shunned and she loves her family, I can relate to that. God loves her, so do I, I'm not gonna tell her God rejects her because of her sexuality. I'm gonna show her that God loves her, is waiting for her, all she has to do is trust that.
She has opened up to me hana, she trusts me, she knows how I care about God, I think she is curious, she wants to know God, she's just been told time and time again that God will not love her because she is a lesbian. that breaks my heart.
it can easily be demonstrated from Scripture that we are not even interpreting "homosexual" right, let alone how to apply these passages that seem to be about the physical, but relate to everyman's incestuous relationship with their "spiritual" selves; "two men in a bed" is thus actually a model of me, myself, if i will accept it; which of course i must do if i am to progress spiritually.

And imo the Book is just written in such a way that all may find what they seek; even "Atheists," or oppressors, so that hearts may be revealed, in the interpretation.
What are you saying bb?

Homosexuality is ok?
um, hmm. i'm saying homosexuality is an analogy that Scripture uses to relate to people their divided nature, and their separation from what matters, the spiritual. And that there are even direct references that indicate "analogy," prophets being accused of "perversion," etc.

So then, actual homosexuals are manifested, by societal factors, oppression, etc, and condemning homosexuals just creates more homosexuals, because, like "atheists," or for that matter Trump, these all manifest as reactions to the norm.

What you resist, persists.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

Nessa wrote:Also your interpretation on that scripture is a tad twisted I think
but we have yet to quote a Scripture? So, which?
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Annete, I am not saying not to love her.
Philip said it very good.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Annette,

With posts like this, you are truly wise beyond your years!

Edit: never mind. I just looked at your profile, and it says you're 46. You're supposed to be wise at your age.
Uh, Rick? Speaking of obtaining wisdom...I just looked at your profile....

You better get a hurry on... :running:

:P
There you go again with your amazing quick wit! I have to ask this again...Are you sure you're not a man?

Could you please recheck, and let me know? :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

1over137 wrote:Annete, I am not saying not to love her.
I know what you meant hana :)
As for her walk towards Christ, she is, at least, open to the idea. She thinks that because of her sexuality she isn't, or won't be loved by God. To be honest I feel out of my depth, I don't even know truly where I stand on it buti do know God loves her, as she is, right now. I have told her about this place, that she can ask questions here. I dont want to overwhelm her as her curiousity is so tentative but the idea that somehow she may come to Christ if I, or we, can show her who He is has been planted.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:
1over137 wrote:Annete, I am not saying not to love her.
I know what you meant hana :)
As for her walk towards Christ, she is, at least, open to the idea. She thinks that because of her sexuality she isn't, or won't be loved by God. To be honest I feel out of my depth, I don't even know truly where I stand on it buti do know God loves her, as she is, right now. I have told her about this place, that she can ask questions here. I dont want to overwhelm her as her curiousity is so tentative but the idea that somehow she may come to Christ if I, or we, can show her who He is has been planted.
John 3:16
16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Annette,

Maybe you can show her from scripture, that God does love her.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Done that Rick :)
And "He who is among you without sin, let him cast the first stone" John 8:7

She has, it seems, only come across people who claim to be Christian yet condemn her, telling her unless she repents of her homosexuality she is doomed for hell. See, I don't know how to advise her on that one. I have faith in God that if she really does seek Him, He will love Her but the bottom line is that homosexuality isn't "natural" (not sure if that's the right word) I mean following the laws of nature, it can't be what God intended but then it comes down to was she created as a homosexual?
I often think that in our purest spirit we have no gender, maybe gender is restricted to our earthly life? Is she somehow just more tapped into love as a concept rather than being defined by gender?
How do I answer her when she asks me if loving her wife is a sin? I want to show her the loving, tolerant, forgiving God that I know not some fearsome, unloving entity.
I am praying that God will allow me the wisdom to guide her, she is crying out for God. I just don't want to steer her wrong, y'know?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I am praying that God will allow me the wisdom to guide her, she is crying out for God. I just don't want to steer her wrong, y'know?
That is the best thing you can do.

You can also pray that God will give you the answers to her questions. But if she asks you something you don't know the answer to, don't be afraid to say, "I don't know".

People don't go to hell because they are homosexual. People go to hell because they don't have eternal life. And people don't have eternal life, because they haven't trusted in Christ.

You keep showing her Christ's love. And keep praying. If she is open to God, He will work in her. Just remember, you can't save her. Only God can. But, you can love her.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

y>:D<

I've already told her I don't know :) She may well have a peep in here for some answers.

I know that only God can save her, all I can do is show her how God has influenced and strengthened my life, and love her.
Who knows how this will all pan out? If nothing else, she now sees that not all people who love God are judgemental, holier than thou types.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote: sure you're not a man?

Could you please recheck, and let me know? :mrgreen:
I'm not a very convincing male :shakehead:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

A few people on here know a little of things that have happened recently, one major thing in particular.
Before I type my thoughts, I am now fit and well, weed free and only drink on a Saturday night (four cans).

Just before Christmas I was diagnosed with cancer. Doctors found a shadow on my lungs, it was caught really early, chemo was offered with a high chance of success. I thought about it, prayed about it, read about it. I was conflicted, do I have treatment or leave it up to God? Who do I tell? What do I tell my daughter?
In the end, I decided for chemo, arguing my daughter needs me, all knowledge is God given etc, but only one lot.
My last chemo session was on Monday.
It will be a while before I will be considered in remission but the signs are good.

I had already cut down on my drinking, mainly because I started a new job back in October which entailed a 5 am start. I am now, or was, drinking 4 cans on a Saturday night. The weed, I started baking with it, my supplier got busted so it was always going to be finite anyway.

Now... I am more grateful to God than I thought possible, going through all that I have, I feel I have some answers, I can see where He was leading me.
The last few weeks I've been talking to people online, in a chat room that I've used for years, about my faith. I have been honest about it and the response has been mainly positive. I'm finding people generally take well to me and actually listen to and respect my views. Probably because I judge as I find, and faith is such a personal thing anyway.
I always wanted to spread the good news about Christ, I just never knew how. I've realised that I've just gotta be me!

Anyway....
Enough chunterings, I love you all y>:D<
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Annete, my dear.
I hope the cancer will never return.
Stress, compromised immune system ... begining of cancers
May your body be streng as well as will, may you have peace.
Pleas, boost your immune system.
Love,
Hana
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Simply awesome, Annette! I had been meaning to contact you to see what was going on - but I thought perhaps you needed some space. I was most concerned as to how you are treating your body ("God's Temple," as He lives within), and as this is obviously a time for optimum caring of your body. Perhaps this great scare was important to motivating you in that direction. But your spiritual journey is even more remarkable. And, perhaps, your husband will be impacted to join in your faith, courage, strength, and personal and spiritual healing. Godspeed!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote: How do I answer her when she asks me if loving her wife is a sin? I want to
If someone does ask you a direct honest question then I would say to give a direct honest answer back. But the bible does tell us to speak the truth in love so we need to be mindful of that.

You would have to define what they mean by 'love' if they did ask you this question. Its never wrong to love someone according to God's love. But having sex with someone other than your spouse or with someone who is the same gender is not true, pure love according to God's standards. Its a sin. But perhaps by the world's standards it could possibly be love.

Sex can only truly be a loving act under God's standards of marriage (opposite sex)

Thats just my thoughts.