My journey

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: My journey

Post by Storyteller »

It will be 3 weeks on Monday that I have been sober.
I saw an alcohol nurse, I reduced my units, detoxed and it will be 3 weeks on Monday that I've been sober and almost weed free.
Yesterday was the first hard day, the first real test. I actually wanted a drink. Not to get drunk, just imbibe a few over the course of the day. I was so tempted. Weighed up all the pros and cons, talked to my friends, the nurse, argued with myself.
I am so proud of myself, I remained sober.
I'm finding peace.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes

Post by 1over137 »

And we are proud od you too
y>:D<
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Greetings 😊
I am now living in Scotland, looking to buy a few acres of land with my partner. Become self sufficent, go off grid.
I am finally happy.... and SOBER!!!!!!!!

I have gone from 90+ units a week to no more than 3 a month. I now eat healthily after having my gall bladder removed after gallstones.

Still questioning my faith, discovering different paths.
Still seeking truth.

Sending bright blessings to you all, much love 🙏
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Hello, Annette - I've often wondered how you were doing.

QUESTIONING and struggling with our faith and confronting doubts are always a good and necessary thing. Abandoning it - well, I hope you never do that.

Thanks for stopping by!
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Hi Anette,
I will be in Scotland for a week in September. In Edinburg. It will be my first time to see the beautiful green country.
It is great you eat healthily though I am sorry your gallbladder was removed.
I hope with healthily diet you feel better and better.

y@};-
and greetings :wave:

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Living my best life now.
Settled in Scotland, sober (I now enjoy the very occasional tipple... I had about half a dozen units last year!) I have discovered photography, the scenery and wildlife makes it easy to get stunning shots.
I am now on good terms with my ex, my daughter and I have reconnected and she is doing really well at uni.
I'm happy with my partner, we are almost self sufficent and off grid.
My mum has Alzheimers which is hard, she survived breast cancer but it made her Alzheimers worse. I'm staying positive, write to her often and send pics which she loves. It's tough being so far away but my brother and sister are local to her and she's well looked after.
My partner has several comorbidities, was told seven years ago he wouldn't survive 24 hours. He is I'll but we cope, and we live life fully within our health restrictions.
I have everything that I dreamed of, all those years ago....
I still chat to God, through nature rather than religion and I think I live a better life. I am surrounded by people that love me, that value me and encourage me to grow spiritually.
I live in a cabin, in the marshes (rewilding project) and my neighbours are sheep, hares, badgers and birds of prey. It is my own little slice of heaven right here on earth.

Love and bright blessings to you all 🙏🙏
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Storyteller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:33 pm Living my best life now.
Settled in Scotland, sober (I now enjoy the very occasional tipple... I had about half a dozen units last year!) I have discovered photography, the scenery and wildlife makes it easy to get stunning shots.
I am now on good terms with my ex, my daughter and I have reconnected and she is doing really well at uni.
I'm happy with my partner, we are almost self sufficent and off grid.
My mum has Alzheimers which is hard, she survived breast cancer but it made her Alzheimers worse. I'm staying positive, write to her often and send pics which she loves. It's tough being so far away but my brother and sister are local to her and she's well looked after.
My partner has several comorbidities, was told seven years ago he wouldn't survive 24 hours. He is I'll but we cope, and we live life fully within our health restrictions.
I have everything that I dreamed of, all those years ago....
I still chat to God, through nature rather than religion and I think I live a better life. I am surrounded by people that love me, that value me and encourage me to grow spiritually.
I live in a cabin, in the marshes (rewilding project) and my neighbours are sheep, hares, badgers and birds of prey. It is my own little slice of heaven right here on earth.

Love and bright blessings to you all 🙏🙏
Hey Anette,

Love and blessings to you, too.

How great you are sober and how exciting you are moving with your life. Scotland is such a wonderful country. I was there this year in September and fulfilled my child's dream. I would love to see some spectacular photos you did.

It sounds like your relationships improved, and I am so happy for you.

I am also sorry that your mum has Alzheimer's. It is beautiful you send her pictures and write often and that she is being taken care of.

And reading you, I can see that you and your partner have been through a lot, but you got through.
That is great you have found your peace and connection.
Nature is just wonderful.

I need to be in nature every week. 2 hours is a minimum. As a highly sensitive person, I really need peaceful walks in nature.

Sending you hugs.
y>:D<

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Annette, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your mom - my mom had Alzheimers for 10 years. I hope to go to The Highlands one day!
Annette: I still chat to God, through nature rather than religion...
Well, not sure what you mean by talking to God through nature, but (ALL) religions are just ways of pointlessly trying to appease God or one's perceived god (or gods), so as to earn salvation by doing STUFF / good works.

Philip
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

re: religion

a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices (which of course include "works")

Paul said something about this also in his writing to the Romans: “Be not conformed to this world” (Rom. 12:2). In short, James tells us that true religion is a devotion to God, demonstrated by love and compassion for fellowmen, coupled with unworldliness

A religious person does good works in order to impress God and others. A Christian does good works to reveal God to a lost and dying world. You could say that one is revealing who man is and the other is revealing who God is. Things may look similar on the outside, but things are radically different on the inside
but (ALL) religions are just ways of pointlessly trying to appease God or earn salvation by doing STUFF / good works.
true only if you're trying to impress, not if you're earnestly making acts of reparation for the sinfulness of men for God. Every act of Christ's life, every miracle He performed, even His sacrificial death of crucifixion was an act of works directed towards Our Father's Divine Will ...
justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” James 2:14-26
“In all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works.” Titus 2:7. “To obey, to be ready for every good work.” Titus 3:1. “That those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works.” Titus 3:8
... this only to name a few such verses.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Essential: true only if you're trying to impress, not if you're earnestly making acts of reparation for the sinfulness of men for God. Every act of Christ's life, every miracle He performed, even His sacrificial death of crucifixion was an act of works directed towards Our Father's Divine Will ...
Of course, when I reference "religion," I'm alluding to all of the world's FALSE religions - and NOT Christianity. I don't consider Christianity to be a religion, certainly not like other (non-Christian) faith traditions. Obviously, you will see many good works from God's saved - as that is what He desires of us AND they are first inspired from within us by God's Spirit = and thus are SIGNS of our salvation. We do them because we love (first) Him (and then) others. And we know (or should) that no level of works will or can buy God's love or His salvation.

Essential, it's good to see a post from you - long time since I've seen you around!

Philip