Are we self indulgent when giving our testimony?

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
claysmithr
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Are we self indulgent when giving our testimony?

Post by claysmithr »

RickD wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:56 pm
claysmithr wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:27 pm Nobody would believe my story, it's too far out.
The Lord works in mysterious ways, right?

Care to share your testimony?
There are too many details to remember it all and writing it down it seems very strange. I used to have it up on my old site but I took it down and removed it's existence from the internet due to paranoia at the time of my last hospitalization. I can give a brief summation, but I can't really do it justice.

I'll spare the details (details that a psychotic mind would come up with, which would be the strange or unbelievable part) and say that after 3 hospitalizations for bipolar disorder, Jesus revealed to me that he was the reason for every event happening in my life, and he revealed himself to me directly through his spirit. One of my New Age buddies at the time said he wanted to get baptized, and I wanted to get baptized to 1-up him. Then I went to a church that had an Alpha like course, where I learned the basics of Christianity and got a good grounding in the faith and Christ. It is this foundation I've built upon to become the Christian I am today.

Actually a longer older version of my testimony is up at the Christian testimonies thread, here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=589&start=210

There is probably more to the story but I honestly find it hard to remember all the details over the years.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

The reality is, as one reflects upon their past journey to and experiences in Christ, even WE don't necessarily fully understand it accurately, but can only give our own perceptions and reflections of it. Which means that what isn't perhaps fully understood ourselves can often seem even less understandable to others. What matters isn't the circumstances, events, or accuracy / perceptions leading to our salvation - it's our coming to Christ and into His eternal Kingdom that truly matters. Whatever and however God brings us to Him, making it possible for us to RECEIVE Him - He knows what is needed for each person AND how our experiences and testimony will impact others we'll come in contact with across our lives.
claysmithr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by claysmithr »

Christ definitely used a sort of 'shock therapy' to bring me back to life, taking me to my low point where I'm having hallucinations and locked up in the hospital. He used my new age friend to encourage me to get baptized, from there I went to 'Alpha', from there I got saved. Nobody really shared the gospel with me outside of church so Christ had to set things up so I could go to a Church to get saved.

Whatever way it happened, it did, and I'm forever grateful to Christ for saving me :)