My Story

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
ronjohn839
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

My Story

Post by ronjohn839 »

Hi. The best way for me to do this is in the form of a brief autobiography. Here goes.

I was born in 1992. Aside from a heart complication, I was a healthy child. I grew up healthy and strong under the care of my loving father and mother. However, when i had just turned four, my dad found out he had contracted terminal stage 3 pancreatic cancer. When I was 4 1/2, the whole family dynamic changed; now it was just my mother and I living alone. A few months after my father passed, my mother and I decided to try a nice little presbyterian church called LBPC! When we went there, we recieved genuine love from almost everyone there. Their source of love was this Jesus character that was part of what they called the Holy Trinity. Even though my understanding was limited, I made the lord Jesus my master and even prayed to him all the time. It was almost as if I had a large family at the church. For the next few years, I sang in the church choir with my friends, and was fairly active in the church for a kid. around the When I had turned 13, I decided I wanted little to do w/ God. I was convinced that if I had friends, sports and video games i'd b just fine. As confident as i was however, this was not the case. One of my best friends if not my best, after fighting brain cancer for four yrs, lost his long fought battle . I wasmad at God asking the question we all do: why? how come? As stone cold as my heart was, God reached out to me and showed me mercy. Within a month of my friend's death, my mom was involved in a very serious winter traffic accident. She could have very easily have died, but she didn't sustain a single scratch or bruise (legit miracle). One day at the beginning of summer when I was 16 1/2, Gods love overflowed from my mother to me. After All of her prayers, positive habits and bold love, I decided I wanted to, on that day, give my life to Christ. From that point on I wanted in, I began praying again, reading his word and stopping bad habbits.
ronjohn839
Familiar Member

My Story PART 2

Post by ronjohn839 »

Less than half a year of growing closer to God, my faith was tested in a way I'd never imagined. My mother as well as 2 other members of our congregation developed uncurable cancer (my mom's was soft skin tissue). At first I thought she might b alright but what the doctors didn't make clear was no treatment has really ever been effective. My mother, our church, online prayersites and I prayed for her physical healing. Unfortunately it didn't come. However, another kind of healing came. We recieved a kind of peace that passes understanding. That kind that endures tough nights when I was home alone and my mom had to go to the ER. Of course there was much pain and depression, but thank God he is in control. What's so special about the christian life is death for us is never a goodbye, its more like a... see you soon :)
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: My Story

Post by Silvertusk »

Wonderful testimony Ron. You show incredible strength and faith in all your tribulations. Thanks be to God.
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I pray that you will continue to be faithful in your future trials.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Oh, well, it's good to hear you received God's love and peace. :)
I also take it that way: see you soon :)

:wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
CazPerth
Recognized Member
Sex: Female

Post by CazPerth »

Dear Ron, you are the same age as my middle daughter and I can barely imagine how I would feel to leave her. I don't yet understand why some are taken and some are saved. I only know that everything makes more sense when we have God's Grace to comfort us. Without faith life can seem cruel but with faith we can have some rest and trust in His plan.

Look to the light and may you be comforted
Carolyn
ronjohn839
Familiar Member

Post by ronjohn839 »

thank you all, to God be the glory!
dand
Acquainted Member

Post by dand »

CazPerth wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:12 am Without faith life can seem cruel but with faith we can have some rest and trust in His plan.

this is a good story
dand
Acquainted Member

Post by dand »

God be with you