Now everything seems "right" and I know peace

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
CazPerth
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Now everything seems "right" and I know peace

Post by CazPerth »

It is only two weeks since I felt the hand of Christ on my shoulder. I was an Agnostic before that. Not an Atheist, as I always felt that there was something more amazing than humans could understand in the Universe, I just couldn't name it or feel it because my parents never taught it to me.

Two weeks ago I was visiting with one of my clients (I work in disability support) and her Pastor stopped by. We got talking about this and that and I was suddenly moved to tears and felt like I was literally being tapped on the shoulder and asked to follow Jesus. I went home and began to read a pamphlet the Pastor gave me that explained why there was good and evil in the world. Then I started to read the New Testament because I felt like Jesus was reaching out to me and I wanted to know his story and teachings.

I have never felt such serenity and optimism in my life as in this last week or so. I have laid down my burden of sin and accepted a new loving presence into my body. I look to Christ for the example of how to live my life and interact with my fellow man. If I always ask myself "what would He do?" I have my answer for every situation that can cross my path. What a blessing in this crazy modern world!

In love and joy
Caz
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Re: Now everything seems "right" and I know peace

Post by neo-x »

In love and joy
Amen, Cez, in love and joy indeed. welcome :)
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Welcome and thank you for sharing your revelation with us.
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.
(Luke 15:10 ESV)

Because you have shared your story with us there is joy on earth as well.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

:)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

These are the stories I like, God bless. :ebiggrin:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
BritGuy
Acquainted Member

Post by BritGuy »

Hi Caz, I'm in England but I know a load of truly born again people in Perth & other party of Oz who would love top share their testimony + fellowship:
http://re-acts.com/convention2011.htm
CazPerth
Recognized Member

Post by CazPerth »

Thank you for your responses. I might add that I have been skeptical in the past of what it means to be "born again" but it is truly amazing, I have not felt anything but love given to me or going from me. Things that would have caused me anger in the past, even small daily things, like my husband using the last of the coffee or inconsiderate drivers in traffic, no longer bother me, I send them forgiveness instead of anger. Will this feeling wear off? I pray not.

Thank you for the gospel quotes. They have new meaning to me now.

In faith
Caz
theophilus
Valued Member

Post by theophilus »

CazPerth wrote: Will this feeling wear off?
Yes, but it will be for your own good. When a baby is first born it is taken care of and has its needs satisfied without having to make any effort on its own part. As it grows it has to learn to do more for itself instead of relying on others for all of its needs. This is a necessary part of growing up to become an adult.

You have been born again and are now a spiritual baby but God wants you to grow up and become mature. Spiritual growth, like physical growth, involves difficulties and hardships but without them you would remain a baby forever. Human parents can make mistakes about how much they should expect from their children but God never makes any mistakes. Whenever you encounter problems in the future you can be sure of three things:God has allowed that problem to come into your life, he will give you the ability to overcome it, and its final effect on you will be to make you stronger.
We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
(Romans 5:3-5 ESV)
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

CazPerth wrote:..."born again" but it is truly amazing, I have not felt anything but love given to me or going from me.
Yeah, that's how it feels. :wave:

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

You have been born again and are now a spiritual baby but God wants you to grow up and become mature. Spiritual growth, like physical growth, involves difficulties and hardships but without them you would remain a baby forever.
So true.

#foreverinmyheart
CazPerth
Recognized Member

Post by CazPerth »

"You have been born again and are now a spiritual baby but God wants you to grow up and become mature. Spiritual growth, like physical growth, involves difficulties and hardships but without them you would remain a baby forever. "

Theophilus. Could you explain this some more please.
theophilus
Valued Member

Post by theophilus »

CazPerth wrote:Theophilus. Could you explain this some more please.
Here is what the Bible says about how and why we are saved.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
(Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV)
You have already experienced the first part; your salvation is a gift from God and not the result of anything you have done. Salvation is not an end in itself but is the entrance into a whole new life. God has prepared work for you and now he will begin preparing you so you will be able to do the work.

The Bible describes salvation as a new birth. One way to understand this spiritual birth is to compare it with physical birth. A baby is born as a result of what his parents do, not because of anything he has done. At first he is unable to do anything for himself and his parents do all they can to keep him safe and happy. Spiritually you are at this stage now.

A baby doesn't remain in this condition forever. He has to grow up and sometimes the process requires discipline and can sometimes be unpleasant but the final result is worth it. This is true both in the physical and spiritual realms.

When this life is over we will receive a reward for all that we did for God while on earth.
According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
(1 Corinthians 3:10-15 ESV)
If you remained in the same state you are in now you would miss out on a lot of pain and suffering here on earth but you would also miss out on eternal rewards after you leave this earth.

Here is a list of some good sites that can help you learn more about God and how to live for him.

http://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/recommended-sites/
CazPerth
Recognized Member

Post by CazPerth »

Gosh time flies!

I have been looking for a church to attend and reading the bible every day. I pray that God will guide me in the right direction. I've noticed that I am more humble within my self, for instance when there is a set back at work I try to see what I can learn from my mistake, did I rush into something (I tend to be impetuous), did not consider another person or try to rush things, put things off too long etc. It is amazing the many small ways that we can be dishonest when we do not think about it - especially to ourselves! I used to think I was a "good" person and didn't need religion or Jesus because I was already ethical and moral etc. How different it feels to be saved :) Yes I am a spiritual baby but I look forward to growing in spirit and doing whatever I am called to do.

Thank you for the link.
tawny
Acquainted Member

Post by tawny »

That is a beautiful testimony. God is good!
For these troubles and sufferings of ours are, after all, quite small, and won't last very long. Yet this short time of distress will result in God's richest blessings upon us forever and ever. 2 Corinthians 4:17 Living Bible