Books ( or anything else) that changed our lives

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Books ( or anything else) that changed our lives

Post by Storyteller »

I am, quite simply, stunned Jeffrey.

I most definitely want to read it, what I did read gave me goosebumps. The fact she didn't study theology and had no access to books apart from an old Bible is truly humbling. It gives me so much hope!

I think I shall try and get a copy to read alongside the Bible. Her words bring it to life for me.

Thank you :)

A x
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Just finished reading Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert. A. Heinlein for like the 100th time, classic science fiction, but what I really love about it is that it attacks just about every human institution, from religion to politics to marriage.
Probably the most interesting book on human nature ever written that wasn't by a psychologist or sociologist and it is hilarious.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Oliwia88
Newbie Member

Post by Oliwia88 »

"O naśladowaniu Chrystusa" by Tomasz Kempis. Polish book but very, very good. And this change my life.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

“Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.”
― Thomas à Kempis

Imitation of Christ is one of the finest Christological books ever written, and Thomas Kempis is, in many Christian circles, a "Saint", and IMO, deservedly so.
It's very good to have you here on site Oliwia, and pleased to meet you.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Imitation of Christ being the translation?
I have that in my shop, love the quote, will have a read.

If, and when, you'd like to share your story there is a testimony thread. I would to hear your story.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Shunryu Suzuki's 'Branching Streams Flow in the Darkness'. I just picked it up again and it's like an old friend,