Calling All Former Bada$$ Militant Atheists

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
tdybas2

Calling All Former Bada$$ Militant Atheists

Post by tdybas2 »

deleted on user's request
CazPerth
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Calling All Former Bada$$ Militant Atheists

Post by CazPerth »

I hope my reply finds you in good spirits. I too was against Christianity. It seemed to be the root of so much evil. Only recently did I suddenly receive the revelation that it was humans (and Satan's influence) not God who did all these hate filled things. Christ teaches love and forgiveness. Man who became corrupt can twist religion to serve his own purposes of greed and lust. So many evil things are done in the name of God but God Himself does not do them or sanction them.

I was lost for most of my life because I did not understand the difference. If your friend can see that God WANTS us to choose, and sometimes that choice is made very, very difficult maybe he will see the way. It is a challenge for sure! I used to think that faith was something you had or did not have and you couldn't force it to come but I felt a tiny spark and I read and I prayed for it to grow.

I will pray for him, as others have prayed for me.

Caz
betweencorrupt
Newbie Member

Post by betweencorrupt »

For a long time in my life, I floundered because I was confused about the distinction. Maybe your buddy will get it if he realizes that God really wants us to make decisions, and that sometimes such decisions are quite challenging. This is no dordledoubt a difficult task. I used to believe that faith was a gift you either had or didn't, and that you couldn't make yourself believe. However, I recently felt a little flicker of faith, so I've been reading and praying in hopes of nurturing it.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Betweencorrupt: For a long time in my life, I floundered because I was confused about the distinction. Maybe your buddy will get it if he realizes that God really wants us to make decisions, and that sometimes such decisions are quite challenging. This is no doubt a difficult task. I used to believe that faith was a gift you either had or didn't, and that you couldn't make yourself believe. However, I recently felt a little flicker of faith, so I've been reading and praying in hopes of nurturing it.
Between - welcome to the forum! If you'd like, you can introduce yourself here: viewtopic.php?t=5 You can start a conversation, ask a question, make a comment - whatever you like!

And you are correct, ANYONE can have faith in God - as it's OUR faith in Christ that God desires - it's not HIS faith - although HE is the One who makes our faith possible. So, anyone can pursue faith and belief in God, if their heart and mind is open to it. Likewise, people can also run from God / faith - they can avoid God, deny Him, convince themself of all manner of lies about Him - all because so many don't want what God offers them, because they'd rather not answer to anyone but themself (the little god they see in the mirror every morning!).

"For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”" (Romans 10:13)