God stepping in

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Ultraraccoon
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

God stepping in

Post by Ultraraccoon »

I was born into a Methodist family. No one ever told me about Jesus or how to be saved. I just merely thought everyone went to Heaven and only a few went to Hell. As I grew up, I slowly turned I guess you could call it Agnostic. I got married into a Southern Baptist family. They treated me with the upmost respect that I didnt see. I started to fall deep into depression a year into my marriage. My loving wife tried her best to keep my in line, but still I fell deeper and deeper until it came to a breaking point. I was so depressed and cold hearted that I wanted to take my own life. On that day, God stepped in. As I was loading the gun to kill myself, I thought I heard something or someone say " I love you more than this." It scared me long enough for my wife to see what was going on and she stopped me from continuing. I told her exactly what i was plaining to do and what had happened. She said it was God interveening. So that got the ball rolling to the point where I am now. Saved, washed clean from Sin, and wanting to take on Hell with a squirt gun ;)
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Re: God stepping in

Post by Silvertusk »

Ultraraccoon wrote:I was born into a Methodist family. No one ever told me about Jesus or how to be saved. I just merely thought everyone went to Heaven and only a few went to Hell. As I grew up, I slowly turned I guess you could call it Agnostic. I got married into a Southern Baptist family. They treated me with the upmost respect that I didnt see. I started to fall deep into depression a year into my marriage. My loving wife tried her best to keep my in line, but still I fell deeper and deeper until it came to a breaking point. I was so depressed and cold hearted that I wanted to take my own life. On that day, God stepped in. As I was loading the gun to kill myself, I thought I heard something or someone say " I love you more than this." It scared me long enough for my wife to see what was going on and she stopped me from continuing. I told her exactly what i was plaining to do and what had happened. She said it was God interveening. So that got the ball rolling to the point where I am now. Saved, washed clean from Sin, and wanting to take on Hell with a squirt gun ;)
Wonderful and powerful testimony. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the board.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Glad you're with us Ultraraccoon (in more ways than one :wink: ).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Ultraraccoon wrote:I was born into a Methodist family. No one ever told me about Jesus or how to be saved. I just merely thought everyone went to Heaven and only a few went to Hell. As I grew up, I slowly turned I guess you could call it Agnostic. I got married into a Southern Baptist family. They treated me with the upmost respect that I didnt see. I started to fall deep into depression a year into my marriage. My loving wife tried her best to keep my in line, but still I fell deeper and deeper until it came to a breaking point. I was so depressed and cold hearted that I wanted to take my own life. On that day, God stepped in. As I was loading the gun to kill myself, I thought I heard something or someone say " I love you more than this." It scared me long enough for my wife to see what was going on and she stopped me from continuing. I told her exactly what i was plaining to do and what had happened. She said it was God interveening. So that got the ball rolling to the point where I am now. Saved, washed clean from Sin, and wanting to take on Hell with a squirt gun ;)
:lol: welcome. I hope you stay around and share some more.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Jesus gives you more than a squirt gun!

God bless!
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Yes,
I know a guy named Mark who was a drug dealer, in the depths of suicidal dispair. Had the gun, was gonna do a bunch of drugs and end it. I think he saw someone on TV and went and grabbed a Bible, opened it and read Rev. 3:20 (which has no contextual application y#-o ) Placed his trust in Christ, and was immediately delivered from addiction.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Glad you are still with us mate, God bless you. y>:D<

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

jlay wrote:Yes,
I know a guy named Mark who was a drug dealer, in the depths of suicidal dispair. Had the gun, was gonna do a bunch of drugs and end it. I think he saw someone on TV and went and grabbed a Bible, opened it and read Rev. 3:20 (which has no contextual application y#-o ) Placed his trust in Christ, and was immediately delivered from addiction.
That verse wasn't made for people to become saved :P. But i'm Glad to say that it shows people the way.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
Sam1995
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Sam1995 »

Tears rolling down my face, absolutely amazing testimony of God's love!

God bless! And sorry for the comment, I understand this hasn't been commented under in a while!

SB
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis