A brief testimony of what God is doing in my life...

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

A brief testimony of what God is doing in my life...

Post by DRDS »

Hey guys I was wanting to comment here and share a testimony to you all about what I think God has been doing in my life recently.
Prior to these experiences in my conversations with God I would ask Him quite often to make Himself known more to me, and that I longed to have a more two way conversation with Him instead of a one way conversation.

Then things started happening. Over the past few months during numerous times when I've been concerned about something either relating to theology or God's existence or theology or anything relating to God, either on the same day I was struggling with it or just a day afterward, I would come across something in my daily life that would either greatly help or resolve the issue!

Now during this year alone I have encountered at least five different instances where this has happened and I'll give you all a account of the two most dramatic ones.
This first incident is where I was concerned about God not doing any major miracles today and I happened to click on a old podcast that was done on my birthday a year ago and the podcast was a interview by Dr. Gary Habermas on the very topic and the things Habermas mentioned resolved that very issue.

Another big incident was where I was concerned about he what the biblical word "spiritual or spiritual things" meant, and when I click on another apologetics podcast while not expecting it and with the main topic being something else completely unrelated, the person doing the podcast mentioned that very thing and helped clear up the confusion.

And I know that this has happened to me many other times than just these times I mentioned, and many of them sadly I even have forgotten about. And if these were more spread out chances are I would have forgotten about them as well.

But the fact that these experiences have happened to me so many times and so close together and they all can't be due to mere chance really has helped me take my faith and relationship with God to the next level.

It also has shown me that this is one of God's preferred ways to talk to people since it's so subtle He's not making His existence and involvement so powerfully known that it would convince anyone and everyone, but yet, it's powerful enough that it gets my attention or the attention of any fellow believer it happens to.

It's just like what CS Lewis has said "God cannot lavish people He can only woo", it makes perfect sense since God wants people to choose Him and to have people feel like they are so overwhelmed by evidence and experiences that they are in a state where they can't CHOOSE whether or not to follow Him.

But the biggest blessing and thrill I get out of this is just knowing the fact that when every time these things happen I think "Wow! that just had to be from God!" "God is really communicating with me!" And as small as these experiences may appear at first glance, to me they are some of the absolute greatest things that have ever happened to me, especially most recently.

And from what I've gathered these kind of situations happen to quite alot of believers, so by far, it's not just me. Chances are many of you all reading this have had the same kinds of experiences, and because of the fact that we could very well be living in the last of the last days, we should expect to notice more of these experiences in our lives.

Plus, not only because of these experiences but because of the work of all the Christian apologists, apologetics ministries, and especially you all here, my faith has become stronger than it has ever been. At the moment I type this, I admit, I'm really at a major high point in my faith, and I personally hope it stays that way and continues to get better.

So anyway a special thanks goes out to all of you here who have helped me and a even greater and deeper thanks goes out to Christ for helping me overcome alot of my doubts and fears and getting me to the point where I am now. Take care everyone and God bless
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: A brief testimony of what God is doing in my life...

Post by Silvertusk »

Thank you for sharing that DRDS. I have had moments like that when all my questions seem to be answered by communication from God through channels such as this website. I hope your faith stays at a high and that your trust in God has grown deeper for the times when you go through deserts of faith.

God Bless
SIlvertusk.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

It is truly amazing that, when we put away our ego ( I can do this for myself) and open ourselves to His Word, how so many questions do indeed have answers and how God, through Christ, answers them in such amazing and diverse ways.
Never coming into our lives like a "gang buster" but like the warmth of the sun on a cold winters day :)

Thanks for sharing DRDS.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

DRDS wrote:Hey guys I was wanting to comment here and share a testimony to you all about what I think God has been doing in my life recently.
Prior to these experiences in my conversations with God I would ask Him quite often to make Himself known more to me, and that I longed to have a more two way conversation with Him instead of a one way conversation.

Then things started happening. Over the past few months during numerous times when I've been concerned about something either relating to theology or God's existence or theology or anything relating to God, either on the same day I was struggling with it or just a day afterward, I would come across something in my daily life that would either greatly help or resolve the issue!

Now during this year alone I have encountered at least five different instances where this has happened and I'll give you all a account of the two most dramatic ones.
This first incident is where I was concerned about God not doing any major miracles today and I happened to click on a old podcast that was done on my birthday a year ago and the podcast was a interview by Dr. Gary Habermas on the very topic and the things Habermas mentioned resolved that very issue.

Another big incident was where I was concerned about he what the biblical word "spiritual or spiritual things" meant, and when I click on another apologetics podcast while not expecting it and with the main topic being something else completely unrelated, the person doing the podcast mentioned that very thing and helped clear up the confusion.

And I know that this has happened to me many other times than just these times I mentioned, and many of them sadly I even have forgotten about. And if these were more spread out chances are I would have forgotten about them as well.

But the fact that these experiences have happened to me so many times and so close together and they all can't be due to mere chance really has helped me take my faith and relationship with God to the next level.

It also has shown me that this is one of God's preferred ways to talk to people since it's so subtle He's not making His existence and involvement so powerfully known that it would convince anyone and everyone, but yet, it's powerful enough that it gets my attention or the attention of any fellow believer it happens to.

It's just like what CS Lewis has said "God cannot lavish people He can only woo", it makes perfect sense since God wants people to choose Him and to have people feel like they are so overwhelmed by evidence and experiences that they are in a state where they can't CHOOSE whether or not to follow Him.

But the biggest blessing and thrill I get out of this is just knowing the fact that when every time these things happen I think "Wow! that just had to be from God!" "God is really communicating with me!" And as small as these experiences may appear at first glance, to me they are some of the absolute greatest things that have ever happened to me, especially most recently.

And from what I've gathered these kind of situations happen to quite alot of believers, so by far, it's not just me. Chances are many of you all reading this have had the same kinds of experiences, and because of the fact that we could very well be living in the last of the last days, we should expect to notice more of these experiences in our lives.

Plus, not only because of these experiences but because of the work of all the Christian apologists, apologetics ministries, and especially you all here, my faith has become stronger than it has ever been. At the moment I type this, I admit, I'm really at a major high point in my faith, and I personally hope it stays that way and continues to get better.

So anyway a special thanks goes out to all of you here who have helped me and a even greater and deeper thanks goes out to Christ for helping me overcome alot of my doubts and fears and getting me to the point where I am now. Take care everyone and God bless

:amen: Brother
-
-
-
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Lily Rose
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by Lily Rose »

One day, I will find the strength in my heart to do the same.
Choose the best brain supplements for you!