ZLM

Christian ministries and missions that are inspiring or need prayer, as well as other social justice causes where Christians are living God's love and making a difference.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

ZLM

Post by Gabrielman »

Okay so now that we have a ministries forum, I would like to take the opportunity to post of one of my favorite ministries. The Zola Levitt Ministry. While I may not fully agree with all they say, it is nice to get some insight on the Bible from people who know the Hebrew and even better to see people who came to the Lord. They try to focus on helping Jews come to Christ (or at least from what I have seen they do) and they try and teach that Christ is the OT Messiah. They also have a free monthly news letter called the Levitt Letter, which I used to get, which is very informative if not inspiring! So please let me know what you think of them! :D

Zola Levitt Ministry
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: ZLM

Post by jlay »

http://www.metroministries.org/

Board update must have problems. Can't use URL link or 'quote' etc.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

jlay wrote:http://www.metroministries.org/

Hm.... I am not having problems... try switching your format to skyblue and see if that works better for you. And thanks for posting that link! :ebiggrin: It's good to see good happening, and that people are trying to help their fellow human out. More often than not, just being out in the regular world, you don't see that, so it is inspiring to see such things.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

That is a very active site, with a discussion board even (I like their simple guidelines!). Their links page has tons of good links, and I noticed that there are other pages with lots of links too. I would have no idea how effective they are, however, from their site. From the looks of it, they obviously have good funding; there are many who support the evangelization of the Jewish people, of course.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Gabrielman wrote:Okay so now that we have a ministries forum, I would like to take the opportunity to post of one of my favorite ministries. The Zola Levitt Ministry. While I may not fully agree with all they say, it is nice to get some insight on the Bible from people who know the Hebrew and even better to see people who came to the Lord. They try to focus on helping Jews come to Christ (or at least from what I have seen they do) and they try and teach that Christ is the OT Messiah. They also have a free monthly news letter called the Levitt Letter, which I used to get, which is very informative if not inspiring! So please let me know what you think of them! :D

Zola Levitt Ministry
Thanks Gab, I will enjoy checking them out. :)

P.S. Have you ever heard of Jews for Jesus?
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

sinnerbybirth wrote: Thanks Gab, I will enjoy checking them out. :)

I have heard of them, but I really never checked it out. If you have a link to it, then it would be great for you to post it here! :D
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Gabrielman wrote:
sinnerbybirth wrote: Thanks Gab, I will enjoy checking them out. :)

I have heard of them, but I really never checked it out. If you have a link to it, then it would be great for you to post it here! :D
Thanks again Gab. I didn't post it out of respect. I didn't want to step on your thread.

Jews for Jesus
http://www.jewsforjesus.org/
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

sinnerbybirth wrote: Thanks again Gab. I didn't post it out of respect. I didn't want to step on your thread.

Jews for Jesus
http://www.jewsforjesus.org/
It's cool, it is relevant to the thread! Also I think I had heard of them from ZLM so that makes it even more relevant. I have been very interested in Jews who found Christ, especially because they have a lot of knowledge from the original manuscripts that I think we can all learn from. The Hebrew can be very interesting indeed. However not all ministries from that prospective are good. One that I had come across had become rather weird indeed. Have you ever seen Manifest with Perry Stone? I was enjoying his teachings for a while, that is until he started to predict when the world would end :esurprised: yeah... he didn't go for the exact date, but he went so far as to try and predict the year and the month, so I was very turned off by that. Other than that, the way he had been teaching was very enthralling indeed.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

I mentioned this guy to you before, the Jewish convert who originally thought some of the OT prophecies were translated wrong, that Isaiah was way too clear an indication of Christ for people NOT to believe in him, if the scriptures were authentic. Here is a short but interesting article by him: Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus: A Look at History

Here is a blurb about him from All About Religion: Messianic Jew

Messianic Jew: The Power of Prophecy in the Jewish Scriptures
Louis Lapides, a Hebrew scholar and Messianic Jew, is a well-known writer and speaker on Messianic prophecy in the Old Testament. One of the important pieces of evidence that convinced Lapides that Jesus was the long-awaited Messiah of the Jews was the fulfillment of prophecy in the Jewish Scriptures themselves. There are over 300 prophecies concerning the coming Messiah (about 40 of which are very specific), and Jesus fulfilled every one. Some say this is just coincidence. Some say its Christian manipulation after-the-fact. Some say its interpretation out-of-context. However, all of these objections break down under investigation. With the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the reliability of the Septuagint version of the Old Testament, we now know with certainty that these Jewish prophecies pre-dated Jesus Christ, and that today's Old Testament translations are nearly identical to the ancient Hebrew texts. Lapides has said, "You know, I go through books that people write to try to tear down what we believe. That's not fun to do, but I spend the time to look at each objection individually and then to research the context and the wording in the original language. And every single time, the prophecies have stood up and shown themselves to be true."

Oddly enough, there's a Jewish Rabbi, Pinchas Lapide, who wrote a book on the resurrection of Jesus, saying that by the evidence, it had to have happened. It's so odd, since he remains an orthodox Jew. The Resurrection of Jesus: A Jewish Perspective (2002). Pretty wild!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

jlay wrote:http://www.metroministries.org/

jlay, would you want to start a thread on the above ministry? I didn't see that it was related to ZLM, but you can do a thread about it if you like.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Thanks CSLL!!! y>:D< For the links and articles, I will have to look the other one up, your first one, but I read the one you posted. Let me think on it more so that I can let it all sink in! Has anyone got a chance to look at ZLM? What do you all think of them?
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Gabrielman wrote:Okay so now that we have a ministries forum, I would like to take the opportunity to post of one of my favorite ministries. The Zola Levitt Ministry. While I may not fully agree with all they say, it is nice to get some insight on the Bible from people who know the Hebrew and even better to see people who came to the Lord. They try to focus on helping Jews come to Christ (or at least from what I have seen they do) and they try and teach that Christ is the OT Messiah. They also have a free monthly news letter called the Levitt Letter, which I used to get, which is very informative if not inspiring! So please let me know what you think of them! :D

Zola Levitt Ministry
I think this is a great ministry.. I plan on supporting it.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8