Why doesn't Judaism proselytize Judaism ?

Christian ministries and missions that are inspiring or need prayer, as well as other social justice causes where Christians are living God's love and making a difference.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Why doesn't Judaism proselytize Judaism ?

Post by Philip »

Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote:Anti-antisemitism is currently on the rise all over Europe! They've been targets and outcasts for thousands of years, with so many children of the Holocaust era still being alive - it's no wonder they isolate themselves. This is what Scripture predicts, BTW. And so many groups have been Jew haters - from Martin Luther to Hitler, ISIS and the Islamists. They don't trust because the hate seems to never go away - it's so often just under the surface.

Wow. You're a boomer for sure. You sure you're not a neo-con? Bill Kristal called. He wants to meet you for bagels and schnauzers at Moe's Deli.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Any student of history knows my last comments about Jews are true. But that doesn't mean they or Israel haven't caused problems. And for the record, I despise the shenanigan's and beliefs of the neocons - they've conned themselves!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

What exactly is a neocon?

And is the definition widely accepted?

The basic common things I've seen in defining neocon, is someone who not only approves of, but also promotes and works towards forced democracy throughout the world, through military power.

If that's the definition in a nutshell, I'm 100% sure that Philip is not a neocon.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

What the neocons seem to believe is that the supposed rewards and freedoms of Democracy are so compelling that, given the chances and leaders, societies under monarchies or dictatorships will excitedly embrace it. Most of them seem to be very secular in their thinking, and don't understand that such societies' core religious/political beliefs in such societies are antagonistic to the required foundations necessarily to support it. This is why Islamic countries are so divided, as opposing groups and tribes absolutely hate each other. Ooh, but Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace - right? D

The seeds of Democracy sprang from Judaeo-Christian values that find great value and respect for individuals - which you don't see so much in dictatorships and totalitarian nations where the power flows from the top down - isn't based upon the desires of the masses. Of course, the power of the masses idolized without respect for the individual is equally bad. Also, societies that embrace systems of top-down, centralized power, aren't terribly concerned with the rights of individuals. So, the foundational beliefs must be in place AND a system that encourages or even mandates certain protections.

One of our protections is that there is a separation of powers. Free speech is valued, legislated - even if often under attack. These things are alien to many societies - particularly tribal ones and dictatorships. You simply can't force these things into the hearts of people, although a procedurally democratic system can function to a degree when it's forced. Japan comes to mind - we forced decentralized the power and economy, took power from the elites, left the emperor and forced renunciation of his claim to deity. But the only way the forcing of Japan to move toward democracy worked was due to a total defeat and control by the Allies. That's almost never possible - so, you can't force democracy, or manipulate it via the CIA, mercenaries, political dirty tricks, etc. But the neocons foolishly think you can do it without the society having important and widespread, foundational beliefs.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Philip wrote:Anti-antisemitism is currently on the rise all over Europe! They've been targets and outcasts for thousands of years, with so many children of the Holocaust era still being alive - it's no wonder they isolate themselves. This is what Scripture predicts, BTW. And so many groups have been Jew haters - from Martin Luther to Hitler, ISIS and the Islamists. They don't trust because the hate seems to never go away - it's so often just under the surface.
When it gets worst for the Jews in masse, then in their hearts they will turn to God, and then the best or worst event in history (depending on who you are) will happen soon.
Zechariah 12:5-10
Netsu
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Netsu »

False. They do proselytize. Or at least, an Orthodox Jew (I believe Hasidic to be more precise, but I don't remember) attempted to convert me to Judaism in the past! >_< I've never really had the same opinion of Judaism ever since then! :(
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Netsu wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:10 pm False. They do proselytize. Or at least, an Orthodox Jew (I believe Hasidic to be more precise, but I don't remember) attempted to convert me to Judaism in the past! >_< I've never really had the same opinion of Judaism ever since then! :(
Netsu, that's interesting - because I've never encountered Jewish proselytizing - but then again, I've never rubbed elbows with many ultra-orthodox Jews. y:-?
GeorgeNar
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Scholars reveal evidences for...

Post by GeorgeNar »

Are there any archaeological or scientific evidences that suggest the existence of alternative deities or supernatural beings in ancient civilizations, challenging the dominance of monotheistic religions? How might these findings influence our understanding of religious history and belief systems?
Philip
Site Owner

Re: Scholars reveal evidences for...

Post by Philip »

GeorgeNar wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:38 pm Are there any archaeological or scientific evidences that suggest the existence of alternative deities or supernatural beings in ancient civilizations, challenging the dominance of monotheistic religions? How might these findings influence our understanding of religious history and belief systems?
No, there is no such evidence of other deities existing, despite many mere claims of such. Compare that to the Christian God who sent many prophets and Apostles showing miraculous signs and many precise, predictive and FULFILLED prophesies, over nearly 1,600 years!