Why doesn't Judaism proselytize Judaism ?

Christian ministries and missions that are inspiring or need prayer, as well as other social justice causes where Christians are living God's love and making a difference.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Why doesn't Judaism proselytize Judaism ?

Post by Blessed »

And why do Jews actively discourage Judaism conversion to Gentiles to the point of outright lying?

How have Jews managed to survive so long, so insular ..

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-ra ... us/?p=3961
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Why doesn't Judaism proselytize Judaism ?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Jews have long acted this way. Not sure why but I think it is to reduce corruption. Back in the day it made more sense as a number of Christians and other groups were against them.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Jews have long acted this way. Not sure why but I think it is to reduce corruption. Back in the day it made more sense as a number of Christians and other groups were against them.

What kind of corruption?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Blessed wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Jews have long acted this way. Not sure why but I think it is to reduce corruption. Back in the day it made more sense as a number of Christians and other groups were against them.

What kind of corruption?
Being influenced by the surrounding nations, in their view being corrupted from true Judaism.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Blessed wrote:

What kind of corruption?
Being influenced by the surrounding nations, in their view being corrupted from true Judaism.
Then why does this attitude persist despite living in religious protected environments ....let alone environments where Jewish population is shrinking with intermarriage.

You can see the link i provided ...this is a common Rabbi response to a non-Jew asking about conversion/learning Judaism ... An insulting reply filled with lies intended to push the person away.

I am not aware of any other religion in the world who responds to people like this .. If there is a legitimate reason for this kind of reply I would love to know what it is...
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

Because being Jewish is based on a genetic family line...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:
I am not aware of any other religion in the world who responds to people like this .. If there is a legitimate reason for this kind of reply I would love to know what it is...
You seriously know of people from no other religion who lie or mislead, in their responses?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: You seriously know of people from no other religion who lie or mislead, in their responses?
Yes, why single them out. Do you see Muslims evangelizing to convert Christians or Jews? Hindus? I do see lots of atheists doing so, however.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Rick: You seriously know of people from no other religion who lie or mislead, in their responses?
Yes, why single them out. Do you see Muslims evangelizing to convert Christians or Jews? Hindus? I do see lots of atheists doing so, however.
Why would Blessed single out Jews?

I think we can get a pretty good idea from his other posts.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

True... and I add in more below...

Basically if they tried to proselytize Judaism they would have been sent to firing squads, death camps, and more harsh pogrom in other words - anti-Semites would go into to full genocide mode. That is the main reason they do not - genocide of their entire people.

People do convert to Judaism but it is quiet or through mixed marriages.

Why do so many people hate and want to murder Jews? Answer, Satan wants them dead for if dead then God cannot keep his word of covenant promise and if God can't keep his word then he is Not God...

Now which side do you want to be on? The side that hates and desires the murder of a race of people for no logical reason and no ability to forgive or show mercy to one of the smallest group of people living in Israel today?

They are God's covenant people Zechariah chapter 12 will be fulfilled. The devil and his side loses. Period.

Have a nice day
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

B. W. wrote:

Basically if they tried to proselytize Judaism they would have been sent to firing squads, death camps, and more harsh pogrom in other words - anti-Semites would go into to full genocide mode. That is the main reason they do not - genocide of their entire people.

Why do so many people hate and want to murder Jews? Answer, Satan wants them dead for if dead then God cannot keep his word of covenant promise and if God can't keep his word then he is Not God...

Now which side do you want to be on? The side that hates and desires the murder of a race of people for no logical reason and no ability to forgive or show mercy to one of the smallest group of people living in Israel today?

They are God's covenant people Zechariah chapter 12 will be fulfilled. The devil and his side loses. Period.

Have a nice day
-
-
-
Why would I want to be against the Jews?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:...Why would I want to be against the Jews?
Please know that there are others who read these post and some who come here do hate and I was addressing them and not you. Should have been more plain but wasn't in the comments...

Blessings...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

B. W. wrote:

Have a nice day
-
-
-
I liked this comment from Bryan the best. There might be a minority of upper echelon Jews under Satan's influence though. George Soros, for example.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:
Why would Blessed single out Jews?

I think we can get a pretty good idea from his other posts.
I know of no other religion that actively rejects converts. None. I think if anyone desires to become Muslim (or learn more about it) or anything else, they do not get knee jerk rejected out of hand. Only with Jews. The other comments about their history make sense - but this is a different era. They are not persecuted so there is no reason for this. I drove a Rabbi somewhere once. I told him I had Jewish ancestry and got a talk to the hand no wait talk to this other Rabbi but don't tell him I sent you reply. Makes no sense.

I am not antisemitic.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Anti-antisemitism is currently on the rise all over Europe! They've been targets and outcasts for thousands of years, with so many children of the Holocaust era still being alive - it's no wonder they isolate themselves. This is what Scripture predicts, BTW. And so many groups have been Jew haters - from Martin Luther to Hitler, ISIS and the Islamists. They don't trust because the hate seems to never go away - it's so often just under the surface.