Derek Chauvin Found Guilty

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Fliegender
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Derek Chauvin Found Guilty

Post by Fliegender »

Good news: Officer Derek Chauvin has just been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and voluntary cruelty in the death of George Floyd. I’m certain that the trial’s outcome has nipped in the bud what would have been nationwide riots which certainly would have spilled over to other countries.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Derek Chauvin Found Guilty

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:53 pm Good news: Officer Derek Chauvin has just been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and voluntary cruelty in the death of George Floyd. I’m certain that the trial’s outcome has nipped in the bud what would have been nationwide riots which certainly would have spilled over to other countries.
I’m certain that you’re wrong. There will be riots from the woke crowd because he wasn’t convicted of murder. Whatever sentence he gets, will not be enough to stop the idiots from rioting. Even if he is sentenced to the maximum that the law allows, there will be riots.

Remember, the entitled are entitled to riot, destroy and steal whatever they can, because they are entitled to it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:23 pm
I’m certain that you’re wrong. There will be riots from the woke crowd because he wasn’t convicted of murder. Whatever sentence he gets, will not be enough to stop the idiots from rioting. Even if he is sentenced to the maximum that the law allows, there will be riots.

Remember, the entitled are entitled to riot, destroy and steal whatever they can, because they are entitled to it.
Nah...so far everything is calm. The trial also a test for U.S. justice as many American police officers have gotten away with brutality for so long.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm
RickD wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Nah...so far everything is calm. The trial also a test for U.S. justice as many American police officers have gotten away with brutality for so long.
I hope you’re right about it being calm, and staying calm.

I guess we’ll see...
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

There is surely an appeal coming.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Kurieuo wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:17 pm There is surely an appeal coming.
Yes, I’m expecting an appeal. I imagine it will be on the grounds that public pressure may have influenced the jury. If the verdict is overturned, there will be hell to pay.

On the bright side, many police officers - including Chauvin’s chief - testified against the accused.
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote:
If the verdict is overturned, there will be hell to pay.
Meaning what?

If a conviction of a white cop who killed a black man gets overturned, can we call it even from when OJ got acquitted?

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:03 pm
Fliegender wrote:
Meaning what?

If a conviction of a white cop who killed a black man gets overturned, can we call it even from when OJ got acquitted?
(OJ is irrelevant here.)

Meaning that there would be widespread riots, looting, arson and other criminal acts if the verdict is overturned in an appeal. The USA has a serious problem with racism and police brutality towards the black population. It’s time to recognize that and to take steps to change the situation.
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:20 am
RickD wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:03 pm
Fliegender wrote:
Meaning what?

(OJ is irrelevant here.)

Meaning that there would be widespread riots, looting, arson and other criminal acts if the verdict is overturned in an appeal. The USA has a serious problem with racism and police brutality towards the black population. It’s time to recognize that and to take steps to change the situation.
What? You been drinking the CNN kool Aid?

The facts do not show that there’s a serious problem in the US with racism and police brutality towards the black population. That’s just not accurate.

I’m tired of this race baiting crap coming from the left. It just causes division.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

From someone that keeps a close eye on events in the US I must say that this constant narrative that black people are targeted by cops to me seems like nonsense if you look at the stats.

TWICE as many white people are killed every year by cops than black people. Yes there are more white people than black people in the US, but black people commit far more crime according to their population percentage than white people.

Do the white lives that are lost just not matter?

Obviously if the media ONLY show the black people that are killed then it will look as if that they are targeted but if the media weren't driving this very dangerous narrative and showed the actual statistics then perhaps there wouldn't be a potential race war (an overstatement) of some kind simmering beneath the surface in the US.

To be honest it is a little angering that the white lives lost just don't seem to matter, and the media just hammers on about one side when the stats say more whites are killed than blacks.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585 ... e-by-race/
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

What the data say about police brutality and racial bias — and which reforms might work
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01846-z

What the data say about police shootings
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02601-9
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:43 am...
What? You been drinking the CNN kool Aid?

The facts do not show that there’s a serious problem in the US with racism and police brutality towards the black population. That’s just not accurate.

I’m tired of this race baiting crap coming from the left. It just causes division.
I don’t listen to either CNN or FOX so neither of these media influence me. You might want to look into American history before claiming “race baiting crap from the left”. This isn’t a “right vs left” issue. America is the only western democracy with such serious race problems. Also read the links provided by Mr Bowling.

Racism is so deeply ingrained in American history that I don’t think the problem is solvable in the foreseeable future but there’s always room for improvement, however modest.

y~o)
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Canadian leftist wrote:
I don’t listen to either CNN or FOX so neither of these media influence me. You might want to look into American history before claiming “race baiting crap from the left”. This isn’t a “right vs left” issue. America is the only western democracy with such serious race problems. Also read the links provided by Mr Bowling.
It’s only the left that practices race baiting. When a police officer shoots a man, it’s only the left that adds “white” to police officer, and “black” to man, so to make it sound like the reason the man was shot was because the cop is racist.

Why does the left always default to racism? Are there racists in America just like everywhere else? Of course, it’s human’s sin nature.

The left makes the problems “race problems”. Like the false narratives that Michael Brown was an unarmed black man killed by a racist cop. And George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin because Zimmerman was racist.

You want real stats? Look up govt stats for innocent unarmed black men getting killed by cops. It’s just not common.

Racism is so deeply ingrained in American history that I don’t think the problem is solvable in the foreseeable future but there’s always room for improvement, however modest.
Sin is ingrained in humanity. People are sinners, and racism is a sin. As soon as you remove sin from humanity, then you’ll remove racism. Racism isn’t restricted to the History of the US. It’s in history everywhere.

The only current racist laws that still exist in the US are affirmative action laws.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Dinesh hit the nail on the head:

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Here’s another example of what I’m talking about. Dems and the left condemning the shooting of this young girl, and they ignored the fact that she was attacking people with a knife.

This race baiting is divisive.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democr ... tage-knife

-Edward R Murrow