Reasons to Believe Biochemist on Covid-19 Vaccines' Safety

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Reasons to Believe Biochemist on Covid-19 Vaccines' Safety

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:28 am
DBowling wrote:
No I meant exactly what said...
It is a lie to claim that masks are "harmful"
DBowling wrote:
If masks are inherently 'harmful', why didn't the study recommend that healthcare professionals stop wearing N95 and surgical masks altogether?
The answer is obvious.
Because N95 and surgical masks protect the health and lives of the healthcare professionals and patients.
From the article:
Conclusion
Prolonged use of N95 and surgical masks by healthcare professionals during COVID-19 has caused adverse effects such as headaches, rash, acne, skin breakdown, and impaired cognition in the majority of those surveyed. As a second wave of COVID-19 is expected, and in preparation for future pandemics, it is imperative to identify solutions to manage these adverse effects. Frequent breaks, improved hydration and rest, skin care, and potentially newly designed comfortable masks are recommendations for future management of adverse effects related to prolonged mask use.
The link shows how masks are harmful
The link and the study never claim that masks are 'harmful'
That is the fatal flaw of your argument.

Now if you want to make a factually accurate statement about masks from the article, I have no problem agreeing with the factual accuracy of the following statement.
"Prolonged use of N95 and surgical masks by healthcare professionals during COVID-19 has caused adverse effects"

Your mistake is taking a study about specific types of masks in a specific non-typical environment and then inaccurately extrapolating that study to masks in general using terminology ('harmful') that is never used in the actual study.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Prolonged use of N95 and surgical masks by healthcare professionals during COVID-19 has caused adverse effects such as headaches, rash, acne, skin breakdown, and impaired cognition in the majority of those surveyed.
DBowling: “Masks are not harmful.”

People have had severe anaphylaxis and some have died after receiving Covid vaccine.

DBowling: “Covid vaccines are safe.”

Dude, seriously?

Philip,

You going to say anything about this? Or is it only when I say something you don’t like?

This is pathetic. It really is.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: Philip,

You going to say anything about this? Or is it only when I say something you don’t like?

I'll comment later - I'm working - and no need to get so testy, Rick! Seems like you take things way too personally, sometimes. But I haven't even had time read the posts since I last posted.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:28 pm Rick: Philip,

I'll comment later - I'm working - and no need to get so testy, Rick! Seems like you take things way too personally, sometimes. But I haven't even had time read the posts since I last posted.
Personally? No, I’m not taking this personally. I’m aggravated that he can continually get away with misinformation, and I’m the only one calling him on it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:49 am DBowling: “Masks are not harmful.”
Exactly!
That's why health professionals everywhere wear them to protect the health and lives of themselves and their patients!
DBowling: “Covid vaccines are safe.”
Yes they are!
That's why millions of people are currently receiving covid vaccines to fight this pandemic and save millions of human lives!
Dude, seriously?
Yes seriously!
This is life and death for millions of people.
So yes, this is deadly serious!
Here's what's really pathetic.

It is pathetic for anyone who claims to be a pro-life conservative Christian to be spreading lies and misinformation about effective tools to combat a medical emergency and save millions of human lives!
now that is truly pathetic
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

You know, this thread is WAY past the point of beating a dead horse - as now it's becoming exceptionally personal and now beating on each other - as, at this point, just about zero grace being shown in the back and forth. And I was going to respond to some things I disagreed with. But as I can see considerable disrespect going on that is only going to escalate, I'm locking this threat right NOW! The topic has now become political - and just like how I hate wrecking each other over party politics is poison for this forum (which is why we now have a policy against that), I feel the same about discussions like this that get out of control and people have entrenched positions and can't politely disagree. I'm no saint either - as I've gotten sucked into similar arguments. It really doesn't matter who it involves, as it's typically damaging!

The G&S forum is supposed to be about encouraging people in Christ and towards Christ - I'll always try to prevent brothers in Christ from chewing each other up over whatever topics, especially when it's to the point they don't seem to care about each other or whether relationships are damaged, and as long as they can keep typing their latest heat-seeking missiles! Especially, when things have become redundant, disrespectful, pride-entrenched, and hostile, and there is nothing fruitful in continuing. We ALL need to learn how to practice grace whenever we have serious disagreements!

Last, I would encourage people to be intentional about making posts here about topics that matter to non-Christians, spiritually! There's a huge world of people who need to know what Christ offers them, and we're neglecting that opportunity when all we appear to care about are other, more-secular issues. We can all go to any lame web forum online and argue each other into oblivion - but we're not gonna do it HERE!