Percentage Wearing a Mask Protects Against Covid

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Percentage Wearing a Mask Protects Against Covid

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
And, by extension, I think anyone who says masks don't make a difference are pretty stupid too with respect to the mask issue. Maybe doctors and nurses should just forego them all together if that's really the case.
Masks make a difference when worn and handled properly, and there is proper hand washing and sanitizing involved. I’ve seen many people who improperly use masks, to the point that they’re better off not even wearing them. We are trained at work on the proper use of ppe. Most people have no idea how to properly use a mask.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:33 am And there it is again.

Nobody is bashing Trump for shaking hands or smiling at Putin. The charges are that his campaign colluded with Russian assets during the election and since then he's been Putin's sniveling, subservient *****. Remember when he gave classified intel to the Russians? Or the time he said that firing Comey would clear up the Russia investigation? Or the time the entire US intelligence establishment confirmed Russian interference, but Putin denied it, and Trump sided with Putin? Or the time the Russians put bounties on our troops and Trump just ignored it? Or then a reporter told Trump that the Russians had been funding and arming the Taliban and Trump first denied knowing that and then said "well, we did that too"?

You are deliberately denying reality in order to cling to your position. SAD!
Everything in this is based on fake news. There was never any evidence Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia. Mueller was asked point blank under oath if there was evidence of any collusion and he said no! This is why Trump is still the President because of no evidence despite the accusations and claims for over 2 years.Ya'll are like Wile E Coyote and Trump is the Road Runner. Beep Beep! Ya'lls lies and bashing of Trump is not going to convince the American people to go back and vote for Democrats after DECADES of lies and failure from them.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:07 pmFauci's meant to be an "expert" and has given wrong advice. If he said that, in order to reserve masks for medical practitioners, then that's what he should have said rather than lying to the public.
That is what he said. The US was completely unprepared for the pandemic and we had massive shortages of masks - particularly N95 masks - in the areas that were hardest hit. We also had panic buying and hoarding. Beyond that, the Federal government declined to take the lead on the pandemic response, so rather than the Feds gathering masks and surging them to areas where they were needed we had states bidding against each other for 3rd party contracts.

That's the context in which he advised that we needed to save PPE for the medical professionals and first responders. He never said masks were bad, he said that there weren't enough to go around and some people needed them more than others.
Kurieuo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:07 pmIt's not his job to handle the logistics of procuring masks, such is the role of state government with federal government support. It isn't his job to be political either, though sadly that's something inescapable given corona has been highly politicised. If he lied to public, then the public can't trust him. It's that simple.
He didn't lie to the public. He gave guidance tailored to the situation and he changed that guidance as the situation changed. Most of us understand that, and most of us do trust him. Meantime, Trump actually has lied, constantly and blatantly, since the very beginning. Most of us understand that, and most of us don't trust him.

And again, the Covid response is political because Trump and his enablers made it political. Trump took a do as I say not as I do approach to masks and repeatedly undercut the message. For months Trump supporters have taken pride in owning the libs by refusing to wear masks. Look at the pictures of the Tulsa rally that likely killed Herman Cain. Masks are reportedly banned in the White House. Trumpie Congressman Louie Gomert banned mask usage among his staff and demanded that they all meet in person. When he was diagnosed with Covid last week he told his staff in person and nobody wore a mask. Here's Jim Jordan grandstanding and trying to bully Fauci into taking a political position.

Ridiculous.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 amMasks make a difference when worn and handled properly, and there is proper hand washing and sanitizing involved. I’ve seen many people who improperly use masks, to the point that they’re better off not even wearing them. We are trained at work on the proper use of ppe. Most people have no idea how to properly use a mask.
The primary use of the mask is to keep the tiny little particles of moisture from your own breath contained within your own mask so that the virus, which can travel in those droplets, is less likely to spread. Yes, washing your hands, not touching your face, sanitizing the masks regularly, and so forth are all best practice, but wearing them sloppily is better than not wearing them. The idea is for all of us to keep our own germs to ourselves as much as we can.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:30 am
Kurieuo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:07 pmFauci's meant to be an "expert" and has given wrong advice. If he said that, in order to reserve masks for medical practitioners, then that's what he should have said rather than lying to the public.
That is what he said. The US was completely unprepared for the pandemic and we had massive shortages of masks - particularly N95 masks - in the areas that were hardest hit. We also had panic buying and hoarding. Beyond that, the Federal government declined to take the lead on the pandemic response, so rather than the Feds gathering masks and surging them to areas where they were needed we had states bidding against each other for 3rd party contracts.

That's the context in which he advised that we needed to save PPE for the medical professionals and first responders. He never said masks were bad, he said that there weren't enough to go around and some people needed them more than others.
Kurieuo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:07 pmIt's not his job to handle the logistics of procuring masks, such is the role of state government with federal government support. It isn't his job to be political either, though sadly that's something inescapable given corona has been highly politicised. If he lied to public, then the public can't trust him. It's that simple.
He didn't lie to the public. He gave guidance tailored to the situation and he changed that guidance as the situation changed. Most of us understand that, and most of us do trust him. Meantime, Trump actually has lied, constantly and blatantly, since the very beginning. Most of us understand that, and most of us don't trust him.

And again, the Covid response is political because Trump and his enablers made it political. Trump took a do as I say not as I do approach to masks and repeatedly undercut the message. For months Trump supporters have taken pride in owning the libs by refusing to wear masks. Look at the pictures of the Tulsa rally that likely killed Herman Cain. Masks are reportedly banned in the White House. Trumpie Congressman Louie Gomert banned mask usage among his staff and demanded that they all meet in person. When he was diagnosed with Covid last week he told his staff in person and nobody wore a mask. Here's Jim Jordan grandstanding and trying to bully Fauci into taking a political position.

Ridiculous.
It’s interesting that you see it as bullying Fauci into taking a political position, when I saw it as Jordan pressing Fauci, so Fauci would see the inconsistency in the fact that Fauci had no problem recommending certain businesses being shut down, but he won’t make a recommendation that “protests” should be shut down, even after admitting that “protests” are prime examples of what not to do, to keep the virus from spreading.

You can’t see that Fauci has already taken a political position, by recommending certain businesses be shut down. And now he claims it’s not his place to recommend that protests should be shut down?

And you don’t see the inconsistency?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:36 am
RickD wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 amMasks make a difference when worn and handled properly, and there is proper hand washing and sanitizing involved. I’ve seen many people who improperly use masks, to the point that they’re better off not even wearing them. We are trained at work on the proper use of ppe. Most people have no idea how to properly use a mask.
The primary use of the mask is to keep the tiny little particles of moisture from your own breath contained within your own mask so that the virus, which can travel in those droplets, is less likely to spread. Yes, washing your hands, not touching your face, sanitizing the masks regularly, and so forth are all best practice, but wearing them sloppily is better than not wearing them. The idea is for all of us to keep our own germs to ourselves as much as we can.
It is a shame so many people have been propagandized and believe a mask such as the one these so-called experts tell us to wear stop a virus. Haz mat suits stop a virus. If masks stopped viruses we would wear them during flu season but we don't and we learned in 1917 and 18 that masks do not work with the Spanish flu. They wore masks and it did absolutely nothing to stop it. This is what President Trump has mentioned before mentioning - it is 1917 all over again. It is. You've all been propagandized and we are wearing a mask for nothing all because the Democrats want to lock things down to the election and have mail in voting.Philip remember when Q said these people are sick and evil and you questioned me about it? This is sick and evil in their attempt to try to get rid of Trump. They have lied about hydroxycholoroquine also which is the most effective cure we have at the time against viruses.Many people have died because of fake news abbout it. These people are sick and evil! Crimes against humanity!
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

It is interesting to see things happening now that Q told us about a year or so ago and now we see what Q meant as Q-anons tried to decipher Q posts the best they could.I know it does'nt mean much to those of you who think that Q and Q anons is a dangerous conspiracy theory and cult but to those of us who were following Q we now see that Q knew what was coming before it did. When yu know what is coming you can prepare for it and this is what Trump and the Q team do to counter it. Sometimes you can't tell the people the truth because they won't believe you. You have to let them see it for themselves in order for them to wake up.But as long as you counter what is coming you'll be the winner when the dust settles which is how Trump and his team have dealt with the attacks coming.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Here! Read Q posts for yourself if you want to.
https://qmap.pub/

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ACB wrote:
It is a shame so many people have been propagandized and believe a mask such as the one these so-called experts tell us to wear stop a virus.
Please give one citation, just one, where an expert says that masks STOP the virus.

I work in a hospital, and I’m trained in how to use personal protective equipment, including masks.

Not a single person in my hospital thinks that masks STOP the coronavirus.

Along with other protective measures, masks are an effective measure when it comes to preventing viruses from infecting people.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:30 am
ACB wrote:
It is a shame so many people have been propagandized and believe a mask such as the one these so-called experts tell us to wear stop a virus.
Please give one citation, just one, where an expert says that masks STOP the virus.

I work in a hospital, and I’m trained in how to use personal protective equipment, including masks.

Not a single person in my hospital thinks that masks STOP the coronavirus.

Along with other protective measures, masks are an effective measure when it comes to preventing viruses from infecting people.
We are led to believe masks stop viruses which is why we are mandated to wear them.Masks are great at stopping bacteria but not viruses. Virus particles go right through the mask both ways, the particles are that small. Also quarantining has been switched too and we are told to quarantine healthy people instead of in a real quarantine where you quarantine only those infected in order to stop a pandemic. Quarantining stopped the black plague and it was a lot worse than this corona virus.It is a shame how quickly definitions were changed on Google,etc and how easily people are propagandized.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

When people speak, laugh, breathe, etc they release tiny droplets of moisture. The virus can be in those droplets, which is how airborne transmission works. The point of the mask is to stop those droplets from leaving your personal space and moving into the space of those around you. It's not 100% effective, but I've seen it estimated that the transmission rate would drop 80% if everyone wore a mask.

The Black Plague was stopped mostly by improved sanitation practices. The vector for the plague was fleas, which were carried by rats, which were attracted to the garbage, sewage, and random disgusting muck that was strewn in all the gutters and alleyways of any medieval town or city.

I have no idea what you mean by "definitions on Google" but it sounds like one of those Q things that you've never seen for yourself but take as gospel anyway.

And yes, it's a shame how easily people are propagandized.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am When people speak, laugh, breathe, etc they release tiny droplets of moisture. The virus can be in those droplets, which is how airborne transmission works. The point of the mask is to stop those droplets from leaving your personal space and moving into the space of those around you. It's not 100% effective, but I've seen it estimated that the transmission rate would drop 80% if everyone wore a mask.

The Black Plague was stopped mostly by improved sanitation practices. The vector for the plague was fleas, which were carried by rats, which were attracted to the garbage, sewage, and random disgusting muck that was strewn in all the gutters and alleyways of any medieval town or city.

I have no idea what you mean by "definitions on Google" but it sounds like one of those Q things that you've never seen for yourself but take as gospel anyway.

And yes, it's a shame how easily people are propagandized.
It is known masks do not stop viruses.This is no conspiracy theory as it requires a haz mat suit to stop viruses.Why the controversy? It is known common knowledge. It is known that when you quarantine you only quarantine those infected and it was quarantining and hand washing that stopped the black plague and they actually got the idea for quarantining from the bible as it tells us to take those infected outside the camp. They tried this during the black plague and it worked. It was not known as quarantining then. They just decided to try it and removed those who were infected and quarantined only them and it a long with hand washing stopped the black plague and doctors fought against hand washing at the time too.You have been propagandized. There are Q proofs which is why I believe Q. As I don't follow Q for nothing.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

I could post videos to back up what I'm saying about masks and viruses but there is a tendency to treat the MSM as the default for truthful news and info and so even if I gave them you probably would'nt believe it. So I can just tell you and if you doubt me you'll just be the one wrong in the end,not me.I search out truthful news and info but not everybody else does.

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 amIt is known masks do not stop viruses.This is no conspiracy theory as it requires a haz mat suit to stop viruses.Why the controversy? It is known common knowledge.

How do you manage to always be wrong, even when you're technically right? It's amazing.

Yes, the virus is too small to be trapped by a mask. No, masks cannot prevent the spread of a virus. HOWEVER, viruses leave the human body in tiny droplets of moisture, and masks CAN stop a lot of those droplets. The point of the mask is to contain your own moisture droplets so there's less potential for airborne transmission of the virus. If we all wore masks then those of us who have the virus would release less of it into the air, thus lowering the risk of transmission, which is the whole point.

Bullet proof vests are really just bullet resistant. People in seatbelts sometimes die in car wrecks. Motorcyclists wearing helmets sometimes die in bike wrecks. People with fire alarms sometimes die in fires. People with adhesive ducks on the bottoms of their bathtubs have still been known to slip. Dogs on leashes sometimes get away. Raincoats don't protect your neck very well. Masks don't STOP Covid. But all of those things lower the rate at which the thing they're designed prevent actually happens.

Get it?
abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 amIt is known that when you quarantine you only quarantine those infected and it was quarantining and hand washing that stopped the black plague
Well, no.

In the Middle Ages they actually quarantined incoming ships without having any idea if they carried plague or not. The point was to wait and see. If they all started dying then you didn't let them disembark. When plague broke out within the city then yeah, they absolutely, 100% self quarantined if they could. Anybody with the means to do so gathered up their families and fled the city in a panic. Everyone else stayed inside if they could. Villages locked their gates and manned their walls. People didn't know about bacteria or understand how an infection could be transmitted, but they recognized that it was a bad idea to be around other people and they did their best not to be.

At this point I have to ask, though - why on earth are you holding medieval Europeans up as the gold standard for quarantine response? That's idiotic. Who gives a [poop] how they did anything in the 1350s? They didn't know about bacteria or viruses. The were still bleeding people in order to to balance their humors. They literally thought that when meat rotted it turned into maggots. We're talking about people who had no idea what was really happening or why and no notion what to do about it, other than run away, lock down, and pray.

Today we understand how viruses work. We - or at least most of us - understand that people can be asymptomatic carriers and spread a virus far and wide without ever getting sick themselves. That's why we quarantined everyone, rather than just the sick people.
abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 amand they actually got the idea for quarantining from the bible as it tells us to take those infected outside the camp.
Plague predates the Bible. So does quarantining sick people.
abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 amThey tried this during the Black Plague and it worked. It was not known as quarantining then. They just decided to try it and removed those who were infected and quarantined only them and it a long with hand washing stopped the black plague and doctors fought against hand washing at the time too.You have been propagandized. There are Q proofs which is why I believe Q. As I don't follow Q for nothing.
Good grief...

The thing about quarantining only the sick is flat out wrong. They quarantined incoming ships, but that's about it. The thing about hand washing is nonsense too. Dirty hands weren't the vector for plague, plague infected, flea infested rats were. And who is this "they" that advocated hand washing when doctors didn't? Actually, never mind. "They" didn't exist. Nobody was thinking about washing their hands during medieval plague outbreaks and it wouldn't have mattered if they had been. If this is what you're learning from Q then you're still being lied to.