You guys ready for the coronavirus?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: You guys ready for the coronavirus?

Post by Kurieuo »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:48 pm
Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:32 pm...and 50% of the US aren't deplorables.
Read this:
The part of Hillary Clinton's speech that everyone, including CNN, quoted over and over and over...

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. (Laughter/applause) Right? (Laughter/applause) They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic – Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people – now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks – they are irredeemable, but thankfully, they are not America.
According to you she said that half the US are deplorables.
What? You're putting words in my mouth and not quoting me at all. Honest mistake?

What I wrote was actually: "In reality, far far away from CNN's created reality... Trump isn't a white supremist going to bring revive Nazism in the US and 50% of the US aren't deplorables."

Now I'm quite sure that in CNN's reality, anyone who'd vote Trump is a deplorable. And, according to recent Gallup poll he has next to 50% approval, so... I'm not sure what to make of your rant but it doesn't seem applicable.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)