You guys ready for the coronavirus?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: You guys ready for the coronavirus?

Post by Kurieuo »

I place Q in the same bin as CNN.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Of course you do.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Full disclosure now, Ed - we know you still have hope for that CNN stock you own. MSNBC??? 🤣
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:45 pm I place Q in the same bin as CNN.
After thinking about this, it’s actually a pretty good comparison.

Neither is reliable, nor accurate.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:50 am

Ok, this is getting a little silly.

It is more accurate to compare CNN with Fox News. Both organizations are biased and have perpetuated agenda based misinformation. Fox has a right wing bias. CNN has a left wing bias.

But let's not try to normalize or minimize the racism, conspiracy theories, and outright lies of Q and the alt-right by comparing them to either CNN, FOX, or any of the "Mainstream Media" for that matter.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:33 am

It is more accurate to compare CNN with Fox News. Both organizations are biased and have perpetuated agenda based misinformation. Fox has a right wing bias. CNN has a left wing bias.

But let's not try to normalize or minimize the racism, conspiracy theories, and outright lies of Q and the alt-right by comparing them to either CNN, FOX, or any of the "Mainstream Media" for that matter.
FoxNews doesn’t outright lie, like Q and CNN.

It’s one thing to be biased, and have opinions which lean one way, but CNN is known for lying.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:58 pm If you're confused by Q here's a concept map that clarifies it pretty well:

Got it?
I think I see the virgin Mary in that map..
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:25 am
DBowling wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:33 am

FoxNews doesn’t outright lie, like Q and CNN.

It’s one thing to be biased, and have opinions which lean one way, but CNN is known for lying.
And its lies can be very harmful to people, not to mention destructive and very divisive.

Q almost feels like UFO conspiracy stuff, fairly harmless, but some have an strange interest in it. CNN though plays a much more dangerous game.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:25 amFoxNews doesn’t outright lie, like Q and CNN.

That there's a whopper, Rick. Fox News is known for lying boldly, shamelessly, and constantly. Their few actual newsmen, such as Chris Wallace and (formerly) Shep Smith, are/were solid, but their main focus is on punditry and those guys lie all the time. Shep Smith quit because he was so disgusted with the lies coming from the opinion staff.

CNN also has opinion people who also tell their fair share of lies, but their primary focus is news and they generally do a pretty good job there. Their biggest flaw is their tendency to indulge in sensationalism and melodrama. Still, the facts are generally right, even if the story has a clickbait title. If you go to their website and ignore everything tagged "analysis" and "opinion" you can get accurate information. I wouldn't suggest relying on them for all of your news, but if they say that something happened it's a good bet that it did.
Kurieuo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:57 pmQ almost feels like UFO conspiracy stuff, fairly harmless, but some have an strange interest in it. CNN though plays a much more dangerous game.
Fairly harmless like the time that guy took an assault rifle to some DC pizza place to intending to take down the globalists that he'd been told were running a sex trafficking ring out of the basement? Or the guy that took over a dam with a homemade armored vehicle and a bunch of rifles? Or the guy that was mailing pipe bombs to prominent Democrats? There's nothing "harmless" about branding liberals anti-American sexual deviants and predicting that we'll be rounded up and sent to camps. Preaching apocalyptic nonsense is dangerous.

And no, CNN doesn't play a dangerous game. You sound like a CNN clickbait headline with that melodramatic [nonsense]. CNN labels their editorials and analysis and their reporting is generally reliable. When they get it wrong they issue a retraction and a correction. And they're not even liberal. They're center left on social issues and center right on everything else. That's why they supported marriage equality, and trans rights, but also went out of their way to convince us that Bernie Sanders was unelectable and universal healthcare is a stretch. They're just another corporate news outlet. Their bias, such as it is, is toward maintaining the status quo.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I don't know why you and DB are so sensitive to CNN being called out.

Hope you don't take up cuckholding, but then if we believe CNN then perhaps such can help our marriage. On the otherhand, I see the promotion of such as destructive both spiritually and familially, hence CNN is being destructive.

I don't know why you'd want to defend CNN who've also called the Coronavirus the Wuhan virus on many occasions. You do know where Wuhan is right? To borrow your own words earlier on in this thread, clearly they're taking "advantage of preexisting anti-Chinese racism, which has been present in the US for a couple hundred years, in order to appeal to the worst nature of a bunch of angry, frightened people..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZtCq1aj2g

Who also peddled "Russia Gate" conspiracy perhaps the most, when as it turns out (except with the remaining Russia gate conspiricists) there was nothing to it but perhaps ratings for CNN (and causing division)... oh, but you still believe in that because you see CNN as a legitimate source of information re: such nonsense. It's just so obvious isn't it that Trump has sold the US out to Russia to date *sarcarsm*... BUT, I accept there is just no way we can bridge that divide between us, or with DB for that matter... so we can perhaps just move on from that topic.

IMHO, CNN is your own Q. So I find your attempt to pivot to Abe's Q nonsense a bit rich. But, I suspect since the majority of others here would also consider Q nonsense, it's like an easy middle ground for you to find with others here... and to get away with making a mockery of the beliefs of another board member (and as such that board member, Abe). It's like a safe middle ground since most others here would generally agree with you, perhaps even have a laugh.

I don't know if that's bad, to find mutual agreement re: such, but it is rather repetative to take the mickey out of Abe over and over again about such and push certain buttons on his to make him start digging. I don't post here often anymore, I personally find it tiresome to see. Especially when, as I see matters, you have your own Q.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

No need of face masks people!

cnn-facemasks.jpg
cnn-facemasks.jpg (35.87 KiB) Viewed 4879 times

Article: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/28/heal ... index.html

The Daily Mail UK says, "One coronavirus patient could infect up to 59,000 others because it is almost THREE TIMES more infectious than flu, expert reveals" (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... thers.html)

It's a no-braier that face masks can help. If CNN did more responsible coverage, that masks can help curve the spread rather than promoting some extreme opposite opinion, how many lives could they have saved? Simply calling it mistaken or irresponsible reporting isn't enough imo.

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Every one here in Slovakia wears a mask. It is restriction also from our government
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:22 am I don't know why you and DB are so sensitive to CNN being called out.
I have no problem calling out CNN when they are propagating misinformation.
... think Kavanaugh...
CNN was not what my post was about.

My post was about the real danger that the alt-right poses.
I was simply pointing out that comparing either CNN or Fox to Q and the alt-right is ridiculous.
That's kind of like comparing either Trump or AOC to Hitler.

As we have seen on our very own boards, Q and the alt-right are able to brainwash some people (including people that I know personally) into believing and propagating hate and lies.
And normalizing and minimizing the harm that the alt-right does to our society is dangerous.

My post was about recognizing the very real danger that the alt-right poses. The recent increase in white supremacist hate crimes and murders in our country is very well documented.
And the dangerous ideology of the alt-right needs to be confronted and resisted, not normalized.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:22 amI don't know why you and DB are so sensitive to CNN being called out.
I couldn't care less about CNN, but I have an aversion to [nonsense] and you're piling it high and deep.
Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:22 amHope you don't take up cuckholding, but then if we believe CNN then perhaps such can help our marriage. On the otherhand, I see the promotion of such as destructive both spiritually and familially, hence CNN is being destructive.
First off, they're not promoting it, they're saying that some study found that it works for some people or something. I didn't read past the headline. CNN's use of "cuckolding" rather than "open relationships" or something is an example of their tendency to post melodramatic clickbait, but saying that they're promoting something by reporting on it is ridiculous.

Beyond that, do you really imagine that guys who read that article are now running around looking for strangers to bang their wives? Couples that are into that kind of thing will be into it with or without CNN, and the rest of us won't be influenced at all. It's not necessary to freak out or suppress that study. Enough with the pearl clutching.

Also, my wife says the best thing I could do for our marriage right now is stop arguing with crazy people on the Internet.
Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:22 amI don't know why you'd want to defend CNN who've also called the Coronavirus the Wuhan virus on many occasions. You do know where Wuhan is right? To borrow your own words earlier on in this thread, clearly they're taking "advantage of preexisting anti-Chinese racism, which has been present in the US for a couple hundred years, in order to appeal to the worst nature of a bunch of angry, frightened people..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZtCq1aj2g
In that same post I said that if the goal was geographic specificity then Wuhan was fine, but that the term "Chinese virus" was a deliberate appeal to historical racial antipathy. I still prefer that it be called covid-19, since that's both accurate and neutral. Trump's use of "Chinese virus" is malicious, while CNN's use of "Wuhan virus" was merely sloppy.
Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:22 amWho also peddled "Russia Gate" conspiracy...
There's no divide to be bridged between us on what you refer to as "Russiagate." I am aware of the facts and have drawn logical conclusions. You are denying the facts and embracing conspiracy theories. In this instance I am right and you are wrong. It's not a matter of opinion.

The facts are that 1) Russia interfered in our election, 2) the Trump Campaign had prior knowledge that the the damaging information was coming, knew that the Russian government stole and released it, and used it anyway, and 3) the Mueller Investigation couldn't prove conspiracy between the two but explicitly declined to clear Trump and his campaign of conspiracy. There are also ties between Trump ally Roger Stone and Wikileaks operator Julian Assange. Stone was found guilty of obstruction, witness tampering, and making false statements, all in the interest of protecting Trump from Mueller.
Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:22 amIMHO, CNN is your own Q. So I find your attempt to pivot to Abe's Q nonsense a bit rich. But, I suspect since the majority of others here would also consider Q nonsense, it's like an easy middle ground for you to find with others here... and to get away with making a mockery of the beliefs of another board member (and as such that board member, Abe). It's like a safe middle ground since most others here would generally agree with you, perhaps even have a laugh.
If a belief is deserving of mockery I'll mock it. I imagine that Abe is a nice kid when you get down to it, but his obsession with Q is ridiculous. if you don't consider Q nonsense then your position is also ridiculous. The fact is Q is a scammer whose predictions have consistently been wrong. When he's wrong suddenly his mistakes become deliberate misinformation aimed at messing with the Deep State. In other words Q is always right except when he's wrong, in which case he was wrong on purpose and is therefore still credible. That's insane.

Abe is basically living in an endless episode of the X Files without realizing it's just a TV show. That's problematic in a democracy, where good governance depends on the voters making rational choices based on the available facts. And if you sincerely see no difference between Q and CNN then your critical thinking skills desperately need some work.
Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:22 amI don't know if that's bad, to find mutual agreement re: such, but it is rather repetative to take the mickey out of Abe over and over again about such and push certain buttons on his to make him start digging. I don't post here often anymore, I personally find it tiresome to see. Especially when, as I see matters, you have your own Q.
It's funny to me that when people mock Abe's ridiculous beliefs about an endlessly discredited conspiracy theory you take issue with it, but when the whole board rips into me for some political position or other you're quick to pile on. Curious. Most curious.