500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 9203
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 347 times

500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#1

Post by PaulSacramento » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpVBH-HY5Ow

https://clintel.nl/prominent-scientists ... -guterres/
There is no climate emergency
A global network of 500 scientists and professionals has prepared this urgent message. Climate
science should be less political, while climate policies should be more scientific. Scientists should
openly address the uncertainties and exaggerations in their predictions of global warming, while
politicians should dispassionately count the real benefits as well as the imagined costs of adaptation
to global warming, and the real costs as well as the imagined benefits of mitigation.
Natural as well as anthropogenic factors cause warming
The geological archive reveals that Earth’s climate has varied as long as the planet has existed, with
natural cold and warm phases. The Little Ice Age ended as recently as 1850. Therefore, it is no
surprise that we now are experiencing a period of warming.
Warming is far slower than predicted
The world has warmed at less than half the originally-predicted rate, and at less than half the rate to
be expected on the basis of net anthropogenic forcing and radiative imbalance. It tells us that we are
far from understanding climate change.
Climate policy relies on inadequate models
Climate models have many shortcomings and are not remotely plausible as policy tools. Moreover,
they most likely exaggerate the effect of greenhouse gases such as CO2. In addition, they ignore the
fact that enriching the atmosphere with CO2 is beneficial.
CO2 is plant food, the basis of all life on Earth
CO2 is not a pollutant. It is essential to all life on Earth. Photosynthesis is a blessing. More CO2 is
beneficial for nature, greening the Earth: additional CO2 in the air has promoted growth in global
plant biomass. It is also good for agriculture, increasing the yields of crops worldwide.
Global warming has not increased natural disasters
There is no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying hurricanes, floods, droughts and
suchlike natural disasters, or making them more frequent. However, CO2-mitigation measures are as
damaging as they are costly. For instance, wind turbines kill birds and bats, and palm-oil plantations
destroy the biodiversity of the rainforests.
Climate policy must respect scientific and economic realities
There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic and alarm. We strongly
oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy proposed for 2050. If better approaches
emerge, we will have ample time to reflect and adapt. The aim of international policy should be to
provide reliable and affordable energy at all times, and throughout the world.



Thoughts?

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21394
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#2

Post by RickD » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:19 pm

500 Shills for big petroleum.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#3

Post by Fliegender » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 pm

Those 500 scientists must all be graduates of Oral Roberts U.
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21394
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#4

Post by RickD » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:49 am

All joking aside, it's nice to see logic interjected into the discussion on climate change.

I've grown tire of the chicken little narrative.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#5

Post by Fliegender » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:11 am

What would you say if your son and Greta Thunberg fell in love?
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 9203
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 347 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#6

Post by PaulSacramento » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:18 am

Ad hominem attacks.
That is why there IS a climate change debate.

Attack the argument, not the people.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21394
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#7

Post by RickD » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:29 am

Fliegender wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:11 am
What would you say if your son and Greta Thunberg fell in love?
I would tell my son that she's too immature for him. He's 8 years old.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#8

Post by Fliegender » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:33 am

RickD wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:29 am
Fliegender wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:11 am
What would you say if your son and Greta Thunberg fell in love?
I would tell my son that she's too immature for him. He's 8 years old.
How does someone your age have such a young son? Did you trade your original wife in for a newer model?
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21394
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#9

Post by RickD » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:57 am

Fliegender wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:33 am
RickD wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:29 am
Fliegender wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:11 am
What would you say if your son and Greta Thunberg fell in love?
I would tell my son that she's too immature for him. He's 8 years old.
How does someone your age have such a young son? Did you trade your original wife in for a newer model?
Dog years.

And I'd never trade my wife for a newer model. My wife is like a classic 1969 Camaro.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#10

Post by Fliegender » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:33 pm

I appreciate great cars wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:57 am
...

And I'd never trade my wife for a newer model. My wife is like a classic 1969 Camaro.
My wife is a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. So we both like Chevy women.

Oh, yeah...climate change....I let the V10 Triton idle in my motorhome for 45 minutes every week, just to keep it in tip-top shape. I used to let it idle for one hour periods but the melting polar ice caps worried me so I reduced the idle times to 45 minutes.

Let it not be said that I’m not doing my part.
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21394
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#11

Post by RickD » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Fliegender wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:33 pm
I appreciate great cars wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:57 am
...

And I'd never trade my wife for a newer model. My wife is like a classic 1969 Camaro.
My wife is a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. So we both like Chevy women.

Oh, yeah...climate change....I let the V10 Triton idle in my motorhome for 45 minutes every week, just to keep it in tip-top shape. I used to let it idle for one hour periods but the melting polar ice caps worried me so I reduced the idle times to 45 minutes.

Let it not be said that I’m not doing my part.
I wish I could say that I'm as devoted to the cause as you are. I hate to admit that I still use plastic straws. And I also have bad flatulence, which is eroding the ozone.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#12

Post by Fliegender » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:32 pm

I love to burn lumps of coal and breathe in the vapors wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:09 pm
I wish I could say that I'm as devoted to the cause as you are. I hate to admit that I still use plastic straws. And I also have bad flatulence, which is eroding the ozone.
Plastic straws? ...shame on you. I throw all my garbage into the river and the current washes it away. A clean environment is important to me.
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21394
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#13

Post by RickD » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Fliegender wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:32 pm
I love to burn lumps of coal and breathe in the vapors wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:09 pm
I wish I could say that I'm as devoted to the cause as you are. I hate to admit that I still use plastic straws. And I also have bad flatulence, which is eroding the ozone.
Plastic straws? ...shame on you. I throw all my garbage into the river and the current washes it away. A clean environment is important to me.
You really are an inspiration to me. I am going to devote myself to the environment from this point forward. And my first act will be for me to trade in my GT500, for a Prius. And then I will get rid of everything that I own that is plastic, by burning it. I will no longer use disposable toilet paper. I will either use my hands, or use my wife's panties, which can be washed in the river with laundry detergent.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#14

Post by Stu » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:16 am

During the 70's Global Cooling was all the rage, so how do we go from cooling to warming when large amounts of CO2 was around all that time. Something isn't right somewhere. Can the number be manipulated to suit a particular agenda... I think so.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

#15

Post by Fliegender » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:10 pm

I look up to Fliegender because he’s so wonderful wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:53 pm
Fliegender wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:32 pm
I love to burn lumps of coal and breathe in the vapors wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:09 pm
I wish I could say that I'm as devoted to the cause as you are. I hate to admit that I still use plastic straws. And I also have bad flatulence, which is eroding the ozone.
Plastic straws? ...shame on you. I throw all my garbage into the river and the current washes it away. A clean environment is important to me.
You really are an inspiration to me. I am going to devote myself to the environment from this point forward. And my first act will be for me to trade in my GT500, for a Prius. And then I will get rid of everything that I own that is plastic, by burning it. I will no longer use disposable toilet paper. I will either use my hands, or use my wife's panties, which can be washed in the river with laundry detergent.
Thank you for recognizing my importance in your life. Please, do not trade in your GT500 for a Prius. While that may be the eco friendly thing to do on the surface, you’d end up polluting the planet even more. Allow me to explain: the Prius is built in Japan, it’s batteries are made in Finland with minerals from Canada and the Congo. Think of all the transportation that goes into the making of a Prius: Canada & Congo to Finland, Russia to Japan (plastics), Japan to USA for the car. Not to mention the recycling of batteries: it’s a filthy job - dangerous too - so it’s often outsourced to India and China, countries known for their high standards of...uh...cover ups, as in digging a hole and covering up the garbage with dirt.

Enjoy your Ford. Made in the y**==
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

Post Reply