Convinced yet?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#346

Post by DBowling » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Philip wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:03 pm
DB: And if it takes a loss of historic proportions in 2020 to get the Republicans to purge themselves of Trump's corruption, then it will be painful, but IMHO necessary for the future to clean up the Republican party.
ALL Republicans are not corrupt, and you know it!
Yes I do... but the number of Republicans who are willing to speak out publicly against Trump's corruption and criminal behavior is rapidly dwindling. Romney will speak up occasionally. I used to respect Lindsey Graham, but ever since McCain died it looks to me like Graham has gone into Trump sycophant mode.
When I see fewer Republican voices speaking out against crime and corruption in their own party, and more Republican voices tearing down law enforcement and the justice system, I wonder... what on earth happened to the party of Law and Order?
This is why I don't like to discuss politics on G&S - I get sucked into it. :(
Yeah... I often ask myself... should I even post in the politics threads?
But sometimes it actually helps for me to see how brothers and sisters in Christ deal with some of the issues that I struggle with... even if we disagree.
These users liked this post by DBowling:
edwardmurphy (Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 pm)

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#347

Post by edwardmurphy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Philip wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:09 pm
By doing what, exactly, DB???!!! Voting for one from the far-left, socialist crowd?
I guess your first order of business would be to make sure you watch the Hearings on Fox News or not at all. Definitely don't listen to it on NPR, where they just play the audio of the hearing with no commentary whatsoever. Insulate yourself from the evidence so that you can stay on Team Trump with a clear conscience.

The second thing would be to make sure to get all of your information on the Democrats from right wing partisan pundits. Whatever you do, don't go to the candidates' own websites and read about what they hope to accomplish. You might find that they seem rational and their ideas make sense. It's much better to let a right wing pundit translate them into something that scares and offends you.

Follow those simple steps and you'll have no trouble convincing yourself that you had no choice but to vote for a corrupt, incompetent criminal that you find personally repugnant.

And Rick, that's some good rationalizing. You keep that up. It's that or think, and we all know thinking is dangerous. See no evil! Hear no evil! Rationalize any evil that you accidentally see or hear! Trump 2020!

Byblos, that was a solid whataboutism. You smoothly avoided confronting the evidence that's being presented by a half dozen highly competent, resolutely nonpartisan, repeatedly decorated foreign service professionals. This isn't about those guys and their soberly delivered facts. Facts don't matter. This is about Obama.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

claysmithr
Established Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#348

Post by claysmithr » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:40 pm

https://babylonbee.com/news/poll-majori ... -candidate
The poll found that 72% of self-identified evangelicals would vote and even campaign for the prince of fallen angels should he promise to promote Republican policies while in office.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21333
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#349

Post by RickD » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:05 pm

claysmithr wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:40 pm
https://babylonbee.com/news/poll-majori ... -candidate
The poll found that 72% of self-identified evangelicals would vote and even campaign for the prince of fallen angels should he promise to promote Republican policies while in office.
That's an easy choice for me, if Satan were running against Hillary.
These users liked this post by RickD:
claysmithr (Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:19 pm)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21333
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#350

Post by RickD » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:26 pm

RickD wrote:
Could you point me to your posts about Obama, when he broke the law at least 75 times?
DBowling wrote:
I never supported or voted for Obama, and there are other topics on this board that are more meaningful to me than politics.
Really? Then why is your most active forum, the Politics and World Events forum?

31% of your posts are in the politics forum.

Have you been checked by a doctor, for Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Image
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#351

Post by DBowling » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm

RickD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:26 pm
RickD wrote:
Could you point me to your posts about Obama, when he broke the law at least 75 times?
DBowling wrote:
I never supported or voted for Obama, and there are other topics on this board that are more meaningful to me than politics.
Really? Then why is your most active forum, the Politics and World Events forum?

31% of your posts are in the politics forum.
Which is less than 1/3 of my posts...
Have you been checked by a doctor, for Trump Derangement Syndrome?
Nope...
But based on your Trumpian math above, it looks like you should get yourself checked out.
:P
These users liked this post by DBowling:
claysmithr (Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:21 pm)

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#352

Post by edwardmurphy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:47 pm

RickD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:05 pm
That's an easy choice for me, if Satan were running against Hillary.
Hillary retired 3 years ago. The "anyone but Hillary" thing is played out. You need a new excuse if you want to vote for a criminal again.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21333
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#353

Post by RickD » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:25 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:47 pm
RickD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:05 pm
That's an easy choice for me, if Satan were running against Hillary.
Hillary retired 3 years ago. The "anyone but Hillary" thing is played out. You need a new excuse if you want to vote for a criminal again.
What's that old saying?

Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't.



Like I said before, every president has done illegal things. If given only two choices, I'd rather have the lawbreaker who does some good, than the lawbreaker who has policies that I disagree with.

They're all criminals. And pretending otherwise, is just naive.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21333
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#354

Post by RickD » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 pm

DBowling wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm
RickD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:26 pm
RickD wrote:
Could you point me to your posts about Obama, when he broke the law at least 75 times?
DBowling wrote:
I never supported or voted for Obama, and there are other topics on this board that are more meaningful to me than politics.
Really? Then why is your most active forum, the Politics and World Events forum?

31% of your posts are in the politics forum.
Which is less than 1/3 of my posts...
Have you been checked by a doctor, for Trump Derangement Syndrome?
Nope...
But based on your Trumpian math above, it looks like you should get yourself checked out.
:P
DudeBowling,

You said there are other topics more important to you than politics. Yet, your posts on this forum show that to not be true. Going by your posts, the politics forum IS the most important forum to you.

Compare the one year that you were here while Obama was president, with the first year that Trump was president. How many posts did you complain about Obama, compared to Trump?

The first step is recognizing that you have a problem. People have been cured of Trump Derangement Syndrome. You need help!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#355

Post by DBowling » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:47 pm

RickD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 pm
DBowling wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm
RickD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:26 pm
RickD wrote:
Could you point me to your posts about Obama, when he broke the law at least 75 times?
DBowling wrote:
I never supported or voted for Obama, and there are other topics on this board that are more meaningful to me than politics.
Really? Then why is your most active forum, the Politics and World Events forum?

31% of your posts are in the politics forum.
Which is less than 1/3 of my posts...
Have you been checked by a doctor, for Trump Derangement Syndrome?
Nope...
But based on your Trumpian math above, it looks like you should get yourself checked out.
:P
DudeBowling,

You said there are other topics more important to you than politics.
True
Such as...
The historical Adam which brought me here in the first place
The Shroud of Turin threads
Debating the GAP Theory
Debating whether or not fallen angels are "sons of God"
And many more...
Yet, your posts on this forum show that to not be true.
False...
No matter how you slice it, dice it, chop it, or try to spin it...
69% is a much bigger number than 31%

Another symptom of TDS is propagating false narratives and doubling down on false accusations...

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21333
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#356

Post by RickD » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:14 pm

DBowling wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:47 pm
RickD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 pm
DBowling wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm
RickD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:26 pm
RickD wrote:
Could you point me to your posts about Obama, when he broke the law at least 75 times?
DBowling wrote:
I never supported or voted for Obama, and there are other topics on this board that are more meaningful to me than politics.
Really? Then why is your most active forum, the Politics and World Events forum?

31% of your posts are in the politics forum.
Which is less than 1/3 of my posts...
Have you been checked by a doctor, for Trump Derangement Syndrome?
Nope...
But based on your Trumpian math above, it looks like you should get yourself checked out.
:P
DudeBowling,

You said there are other topics more important to you than politics.
True
Such as...
The historical Adam which brought me here in the first place
The Shroud of Turin threads
Debating the GAP Theory
Debating whether or not fallen angels are "sons of God"
And many more...
Yet, your posts on this forum show that to not be true.
False...
No matter how you slice it, dice it, chop it, or try to spin it...
69% is a much bigger number than 31%

Another symptom of TDS is propagating false narratives and doubling down on false accusations...
I guess math wasn't your strongpoint.

Again, your posts in the politics forum, number more than any other. The total of all your other topics does not mean that any other topic is more than the 31%. The numbers don't lie. Your most active forum is what it says it is.

You're gonna love this one:
Image

Abe,

Who we all know is obsessed with Trump, has 28% of his posts in the politics forum. Let that sink in! The most Trump-obsessed person on this forum, has less of a percentage of his posts in the politics forum than you!

You're more obsessed with Trump, than Abe is!

Let that sink in!

Edit:
Just to further prove that you are obsessed with Trump, I did a search of your posts, for "Trump".

The search yielded over 330 posts of yours, with Trump in the post!!!

And btw, I really do love your historical Adam posts. I just wish that you posted a little more on that. It's much more fruitful, imo.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#357

Post by DBowling » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 pm

RickD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:14 pm
The numbers don't lie.
Numbers don't lie...
But people use numbers to perpetuate lies all the time...

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5966
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#358

Post by Byblos » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:27 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 pm
Byblos, that was a solid whataboutism.
More like precendent-ism. :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#359

Post by edwardmurphy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 am

How so?

Are you warming up to leap into the completely false, totally debunked claim that Biden's push to get Sorokin fired was the same as Trump's secret attempt to hijack our foreign policy and use it to extort election help from Ukraine? Because that would be a lie. Not a different interpretation or a matter of opinion, but a bold faced lie.

The problem with that argument is that there's literally nothing supporting the claim about Biden, while the claim against Trump is supported by a half dozen highly respected career foreign service officers (and counting). Here, I'll present it graphically for you:

Sworn testimony from a half dozen foreign service officers vs An unsupported conspiracy theory

I guess you could also be talking about how Congress under Obama provided non lethal military aid while Congress under Trump provided lethal military aid. That's true, but not relevant.

Or are you talking about some other thing? If you've got something real I'd love to hear it.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 5966
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: Convinced yet?

#360

Post by Byblos » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:47 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 am
How so?
Complete waste of my time to go there with you Ed. But I will offer my opinion, this sham impeachment process, coupled with the democratic candidate landscape (so far) will ensure a Trump victory by a landslide next year. Obviously I could be wrong but that's how I see it shaping up. We shall see,
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

Post Reply