Is impeachment and removal from office possible? What would it take?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is impeachment and removal from office possible? What would it take?

Post by RickD »

ACB wrote:
I gave you the definition of what a racist is, and It is racial descrimination to allow other races of people to come into this country illegally to all law adiding citezens. It is racism.If it is not then please explain how it is not racist.Since these people come into America illegally from different countries as you just said it is racist to allow them to break the law and come into America illegally. It is ALL race based discrimination. It is no different than when blacks were not allowed to ride in buses,there is absolutely no difference.You cannot allow certian races of people to be able to break the law as it is racist discrimination. You may not have realized it is racist but it is.
Ok, I bite.

Specifically, what "other races of people" are allowed to come into this country illegally?

Please be specific as to what "other races" means.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Stu, you are absolutely correct that some of my posts are dripping with sarcasm, but you're missing the larger context. If you were to read through my post history you'd notice that my sarcasm (and occasional contempt, not bitterness) is pretty specifically directed. I don't tear people's faces off at random, unprovoked, or for no reason.

There's a small group here who seem to sincerely believe that liberals are the enemy - a sinister force hell bent on destroying all that is good in America. You're in that group. So is Abe. BW used to be, before he set off to find a new safe space. And that's about it. I have occasional disagreements with other people here, but I don't treat them like enemies because they aren't.

Your primary reason for posting in this forum is to expose the irrational stupidity of liberals. You do that by linking stories about liberals behaving badly - although frequently that's not even actually happening - and then you use that example to tar all left-leaning people. As a left-leaning person from a left-leaning family in a left-leaning community in a left-leaning region I know with certainty that your thesis is ignorant and wrongheaded, and as a guy with a bit of education and the ability to think critically I know that your methodology is flawed to the point of uselessness.

I've told you as much. I've provided examples. I've shown that many of your articles weren't accurate and how your videos were staged for purposes of political punditry. But do you listen? No, no you do not. You ask no questions. You give no consideration to my experience as a citizen in a country that frankly you know very little about. It's beyond obnoxious, Stu, so yeah, my responses to your ignorant, insulting, deliberately provocative posts tend to be dripping with sarcasm. Go figure.

If I only came here to post articles by South African liberal pundits and my stated goal was to show the world that South African conservatives are all insane morons hell bent on destroying South Africa would you respond positively to me?

If you want me to treat you with more respect I'm willing to give it a go, but I'm going to require that you meet me in the middle. The next move is yours.
Stu wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 amPrivate organisation? You mean it's owned. Yeah that sounds about right :)

I bet the people who vote Democrat don't think of it as a private organisation, they think of it as their party and want an equal say in what happens. Really surprised people have fallen for shenanigans like this for so long.
I think most registered Democrats understand how their party is organized. Superdelegates aren't a new thing, and as I mentioned, in 2018 the DNC voted to limit their power. The people talking most about superdelegates these days are conservative pundits looking to sow division among Democrats or to delegitimize their party. I count you in the latter group because whenever our paths cross that's what you seem to be doing.
Stu wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 amAs for the EC.
The first reason that the founders created the Electoral College is hard to understand today. The founding fathers were afraid of direct election to the Presidency. They feared a tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come to power.
The DNC instituted superdelegates for precisely the same reason. Supporting one but not the other makes no sense because they are the same.
Stu wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 amAnd I do sincerely give a damn; I give a damn about your constitution and democracy and not seeing them circumvented.
You give a damn about the internal workings of the Democratic Party as a means to gain a deeper understanding of American politics, rather than just cherry pick an attack line? I'm sorry, but I don't believe that.

I'm confused. If you believe that the DNC circumvented the will of the people by having superdelegates then you should also believe that the EC circumvented the will of the people by allowing Trump to lose the popular vote by 3 million votes but still gain the presidency. There's no way to argue otherwise - the two systems serve the same purpose in the same way. If one is illegitimate then it logically follows that the other is as well.
Stu wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 amWhat do you give a damn about? Shooting your mouth off at people who disagree with you it seems.
I give a damn about having an honest discussion based on facts, and I'm perfectly willing to shoot my mouth off at people who seek to spread disinformation. That said, I have no problem with disagreement and I'm equally willing to have a civilized discussion with anyone willing to do the same.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 amYour primary reason for posting in this forum is to expose the irrational stupidity of liberals.
Utter rubbish.

I post on far more other topics than just the doings of liberals. Just because you don't pay attention to my other posts, or the fact that you have blinkers on, is not my problem.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Stu wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:16 amUtter rubbish.

I post on far more other topics than just the doings of liberals. Just because you don't pay attention to my other posts, or the fact that you have blinkers on, is not my problem.
I was referring specifically to the Politics and World Events board. I don't frequent any of the other sections of this site so I don't know what you're up to elsewhere, but in Politics and World Events yeah, that's what you do. If you don't believe me you're welcome to look for yourself. I'm not pulling that claim out of the clear blue sky.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 pmIt is racial descrimination to allow other races of people to come into this country illegally to all law adiding citezens.
That's not happening. I suppose you could spend time arguing that it would hypothetically be racist if it was real, but that doesn't seem like a good use of time. Besides, you'd still be wrong.
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 pmIt is racism.If it is not then please explain how it is not racist.
"Foreigner" and "US citizen" are not races, so allowing foreigners to enter the US illegally would not be an example of racial discrimination against US citizens (even if it were happening, which it isn't).

You could argue that allowing a latino Mexican or a white Swede to enter the US illegally would amount to racial discrimination against the 83% of Americans who aren't latino or the 40% of Americans who aren't white, but I'm not sure why you'd bother. That just seems kind of silly.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:23 am
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 pmIt is racial descrimination to allow other races of people to come into this country illegally to all law adiding citezens.
That's not happening. I suppose you could spend time arguing that it would hypothetically be racist if it was real, but that doesn't seem like a good use of time. Besides, you'd still be wrong.
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 pmIt is racism.If it is not then please explain how it is not racist.
"Foreigner" and "US citizen" are not races, so allowing foreigners to enter the US illegally would not be an example of racial discrimination against US citizens (even if it were happening, which it isn't).

You could argue that allowing a latino Mexican or a white Swede to enter the US illegally would amount to racial discrimination against the 83% of Americans who aren't latino or the 40% of Americans who aren't white, but I'm not sure why you'd bother. That just seems kind of silly.
This is what I'm talking about I prove you wrong and show how it is not Trump or his supporters that are the racists like Democrats and the news media has said,it is the Democratic Party's agenda that is racist,and yet you ignore it and make up excuses and deny the facts.It does not matter that they are foreigners at all they are people of other races like hispanics and you and the Democrat Party want to allow these people of other races to be able to break the law and come into America illegally.Then you try to cover for Democrats by pointing to the bill they passed that offers alot less border security than Trump wants to give like it proves me wrong that they are for border security but Democrats have been talking about securing the border for 30 years and have passed bills before to secure the border and yet it never gets done.They talk the talk to get elected and then do not follow through,year after year,election after election.Even Obama ran on border security when he ran for President and yet he did not do anything. I saw a video the other day of Diane Feinstien 30 years ago talking about border security and how these illegals come into our country illegally and it is unfair to law abiding citezens.And yet today Trump runs on border security and building the wall and WINS and the Democrat Party obstructs him and claims he has manufactured a crisis totally contradicting what they have been saying for 30 years atleast. And yet you expect us to believe these liars like you do.Like I said you like to be lied to and you get your hopes up for nothing. I know,I went through this with the Republican Party and you need to do it with the Democrat Party and do not associate yourself with liars.They tell you anything to get elected and it turns out to be BS
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Special Report:The 2020 election is going to shock listeners. For you all.
https://youtu.be/Bn_0RBCioRA
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:07 pm

This is what I'm talking about I prove you wrong and show how it is not Trump or his supporters that are the racists like Democrats and the news media has said,it is the Democratic Party's agenda that is racist,and yet you ignore it and make up excuses and deny the facts.It does not matter that they are foreigners at all they are people of other races like hispanics and you and the Democrat Party want to allow these people of other races to be able to break the law and come into America illegally.Then you try to cover for Democrats by pointing to the bill they passed that offers alot less border security than Trump wants to give like it proves me wrong that they are for border security but Democrats have been talking about securing the border for 30 years and have passed bills before to secure the border and yet it never gets done.They talk the talk to get elected and then do not follow through,year after year,election after election.Even Obama ran on border security when he ran for President and yet he did not do anything. I saw a video the other day of Diane Feinstien 30 years ago talking about border security and how these illegals come into our country illegally and it is unfair to law abiding citezens.And yet today Trump runs on border security and building the wall and WINS and the Democrat Party obstructs him and claims he has manufactured a crisis totally contradicting what they have been saying for 30 years atleast. And yet you expect us to believe these liars like you do.Like I said you like to be lied to and you get your hopes up for nothing. I know,I went through this with the Republican Party and you need to do it with the Democrat Party and do not associate yourself with liars.They tell you anything to get elected and it turns out to be BS
Hispanic is not a race. It's an ethnicity.

You cannot possibly be this ignorant.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Mexican is race and it is racist to allow Mexicans to break the law and come into our country illegally. You cannot allow people to break laws just because you love them.We are a nation of laws and when certian people in Government decide certian races of people can ignore the law and break the law and do nothing to stop it,it is racist to do so. This is no different than certian people deciding that black people cannot ride on the bus.It is breaking the law when they do this and it is racism.You cannot allow these people to break the law and not allow blacks to ride on the bus,even if you love them.
Romans 13:1-14
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Mexican is race and it is racist to allow Mexicans to break the law and come into our country illegally. You cannot allow people to break laws just because you love them.We are a nation of laws and when certian people in Government decide certian races of people can ignore the law and break the law and do nothing to stop it,it is racist to do so. This is no different than certian people deciding that black people cannot ride on the bus.It is breaking the law when they do this and it is racism.
Mexican is not a race. It's a nationality.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAWA ... 97h0Xi8SfI

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:07 pmThis is what I'm talking about I prove you wrong and show how it is not Trump or his supporters that are the racists like Democrats and the news media has said,it is the Democratic Party's agenda that is racist,and yet you ignore it and make up excuses and deny the facts.
You didn't prove anything. You made some false assertions and repeated them twelve times.

The Dems mostly supported the Secure Fences Act of 2006, and 95% of that fencing was built. Obama deported more people than his Republican predecessor did. Last month the Dems voted for a couple of billion dollars in border security funding. In other words, your claims are false.

Beyond that, the Dems do not favor open borders and are not allowing Mexicans to stream into the country. Even if they were - and they're not - it would only be racist if Mexican was a race (it's not) and the Dems were allowing the Mexicans in specifically because of their race as part of a plan to harm non-Mexicans (which they're not). In other words, your reasoning is faulty.

The things that you're saying are factually incorrect, and no amount of repeating them will make them true. That's not how proof works.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:20 pm
edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:23 am That's not happening. I suppose you could spend time arguing that it would hypothetically be racist if it was real, but that doesn't seem like a good use of time. Besides, you'd still be wrong.

Mexican is race and it is racist to allow Mexicans to break the law and come into our country illegally. You cannot allow people to break laws just because you love them.We are a nation of laws and when certian people in Government decide certian races of people can ignore the law and break the law and do nothing to stop it,it is racist to do so. This is no different than certian people deciding that black people cannot ride on the bus.It is breaking the law when they do this and it is racism.

Mexican is a nationality? I thought it was food. y:-?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:35 pm
RickD wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Mexican is a nationality? I thought it was food. y:-?
You and I both! But apparently Mexican is a race, I guess.

That means Australian must be a race as well.

I bet that American is a race.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Just realized that I never answered my own question, and I know that some of you have been on the edges of your seats waiting for me to weigh in. Well, wait no longer, for I am about to speak my mind.

*** Drumroll ***

I pretty much agree with DBowling. The GOP is in a tough spot - Trump is hurting their brand, as evidenced by the shellacking they took in the midterms, but he has a fanatically loyal base. Any Republican Senator who votes yes on an impeachment charge is going to feel their wrath, and it's hard to say what they'd do if Trump was actually removed from office. Riot? Rebel? Form a third party? Boycott politics entirely? Nothing? Who knows.

I think that everyone knows that, including the Dems, so in the end they won't impeach. An impeachment without a conviction would be politically catastrophic, and a conviction will always be a longshot. The smart move is to wait Trump out.

Anyway, we'll see.

And you're welcome. I'm certain it was worth the wait.