Mocking the Poor

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Mocking the Poor

Post by Blessed »

abelcainsbrother wrote: I just want them to come into our country legally.I'm just pointing out that the law was broken. But again,you're getting us off topic about what your party is for and it is not about whether or not we allow these children to stay or not.
That's more than I can say for myself. I don't want them to come in at all. Any of them. At this point I even want lawful immigration severely reduced. And I want the immigration act of 1965 repelled.

Constitution states anyone born within the borders is a citizen by default. That is the law the founders laid out. So I don't think their should be any debate about letting children or adults who were born here stay. It's only the ones here illegally that should be forcefully, removed.

That being said there should be some kind of statue of limitations. I see some guy the MSM is putting up all over the news whose been here 30 years. That doesn't feel right to deport him.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Ged wrote:I just removed a name from my friends list on Facebook. He posted on Facebook the following question, “What word best describes these countries?” Then he added pictures of slums areas with the captions, Somalia, Nigeria, Haiti, Bangladesh, Mexico.

The inference was clear, and some of his obnoxious friends obliged him with the recent expletive offered by the president of the world’s wealthiest country.

This man was a friend of mine who I had previously met on a Christian forum – not this forum Im pleased to say. I replied …
… Extolling Trumps wealth as a virtue is stupid enough, but mocking the poor says more about you than it does about the unfortunate places you mention. I’m cancelling you from my friends list.
For a minute I thought you were going to say you de-friended him because he posted the numbers USA gumballs video .. if you want to see something really mocking, it doesn't get any more offensive than that. Warning on this video . It's highly offensive.. it's anti-Christian ... warning this is a kkk USA ..r r r rracist .. sssexist .. antigay video... kkk USA . r r r racist ssssexist antigay .. kkk usa .. r r r racist sexit anti-gay..

WARNING ! WARNING! You have been warned!

Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

Blessed wrote: WARNING ! WARNING! You have been warned!
WWMD ? (What would Mike do?) Would Pence look at your naughty video?
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Blessed wrote: That's more than I can say for myself. I don't want them to come in at all. Any of them. At this point I even want lawful immigration severely reduced. And I want the immigration act of 1965 repelled.
Constitution states anyone born within the borders is a citizen by default. That is the law the founders laid out. So I don't think their should be any debate about letting children or adults who were born here stay. It's only the ones here illegally that should be forcefully, removed.
That being said there should be some kind of statue of limitations. I see some guy the MSM is putting up all over the news whose been here 30 years. That doesn't feel right to deport him.
Why are you so anti-immigration?
I think we should naturalize any and all persons who are here illegally that are proving to be productive citizens or are fighting to be productive citizens. Let's deport all the leaches and slugs that have been tainting our welfare system into a battle ground for votes while creating an addicted population to red and blue. Randomly picked migration is unfair (to immigrants and our country) and dangerous, especially when foreign countries won't even pay attention to the crimes of their own citizens/aliens to relay to immigration.
Legal immigration is a great thing; brings in potential to fill in holes and as long as it's all merit based why not get the talent? I know and have known quit a lot of people who I think should get deported for forcing others to pay for their life when they're capable and don't. And have known a lot of illegal immigrants who are hard working and just care about life, and will even take pride in America for the opportunity it will give them. If they want to take the job while our own citizens refuse (and there is a good portion who would rather be homeless/on welfare than work), then how is it logical to refuse them?
We should have that wall built up and ICE greatly built up to counter the raging drug and gang warfare that is spilling through the Americas (and then make Mexico a Protectorate of the USA and clean up the country because they obviously can't and are losing it horribly). Then we should change our immigration policy to be more open borders concept (but no illegal immigration [greatly reduced by an attractive immigration system/strong security]) that would be in flux related to our unemployment rate and economic growth rate. At the same time revamp our welfare and judicial systems to promote rehabilitation, community and self-sufficiency. Hell, give everyone a basic income which would provide the foundation for everyone to live. Now I feel I'm ranting...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Mallz wrote:
Blessed wrote: That's more than I can say for myself. I don't want them to come in at all. Any of them. At this point I even want lawful immigration severely reduced. And I want the immigration act of 1965 repelled.
I think we should naturalize any and all persons who are here illegally that are proving to be productive citizens or are fighting to be productive citizens. Let's deport all the leaches and slugs that have been tainting our welfare system into a battle ground for votes while creating an addicted population to red and blue. Randomly picked migration is unfair (to immigrants and our country) and dangerous, especially when foreign countries won't even pay attention to the crimes of their own citizens/aliens to relay to immigration.
Legal immigration is a great thing; brings in potential to fill in holes and as long as it's all merit based why not get the talent? I know and have known quit a lot of people who I think should get deported for forcing others to pay for their life when they're capable and don't. And have known a lot of illegal immigrants who are hard working and just care about life, and will even take pride in America for the opportunity it will give them. If they want to take the job while our own citizens refuse (and there is a good portion who would rather be homeless/on welfare than work), then how is it logical to refuse them?
We should have that wall built up and ICE greatly built up to counter the raging drug and gang warfare that is spilling through the Americas (and then make Mexico a Protectorate of the USA and clean up the country because they obviously can't and are losing it horribly). Then we should change our immigration policy to be more open borders concept (but no illegal immigration [greatly reduced by an attractive immigration system/strong security]) that would be in flux related to our unemployment rate and economic growth rate. At the same time revamp our welfare and judicial systems to promote rehabilitation, community and self-sufficiency. Hell, give everyone a basic income which would provide the foundation for everyone to live. Now I feel I'm ranting...
Mallz,

You make some good points, showing that this is a very complex subject. There are no easy answers, imo.

One of your points mentions giving immigrants jobs that our citizens refuse. I think that you're on target with it being a good idea to overhaul our welfare system. The current system seems to feed off of inherent laziness of people.

One counter argument to the idea that we need immigrants to take jobs that our citizens refuse, is that if immigrants weren't driving down the pay for certain jobs, then citizens may be more willing to take those jobs. And also, if our corporate tax rates weren't among the highest in the world, then we wouldn't be losing jobs to businesses relocating.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Mallz wrote:

I disagree with this on so many levels I don't even know where to begin...
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Blessed wrote: I disagree with this on so many levels I don't even know where to begin...
How about the final level before the boss fight
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Blessed wrote: I disagree with this on so many levels I don't even know where to begin...
:mrgreen:
RickD wrote: One counter argument to the idea that we need immigrants to take jobs that our citizens refuse, is that if immigrants weren't driving down the pay for certain jobs, then citizens may be more willing to take those jobs. And also, if our corporate tax rates weren't among the highest in the world, then we wouldn't be losing jobs to businesses relocating.
Immigrants don't drive down the pay, corrupt business owners looking for slaves do. The businesses should be penalized, not the people. And I obviously can't speak for the whole unemployed population, but all the ones I've come across, and it's many, aren't interested in flipping burgers or being janitors and are very happy to live off of our welfare systems. Happy living off peoples taxes while they could be improving their own life by having a higher income flipping those burgers. I don't see it being about money.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

What about people like my immediate family, who are about in the same boat as the immigrants? And yes I'm white, not all whites can get to college get high paying jobs blah blah, so I actually sympathize with the immigrants some. They want a better life.
Yet the immigrants get the flipping jobs. My aunt went to apply for some job and was turned down by a person who couldn't speak English and she got mad.
Of course, people don't want to accept this fact that there are legal citizens who want to work, but can't get any or at least not any good paying ones for whatever reason, but rather stick to the liberal mantra that we hear everyday.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

It especially don't help when the stupid acting officials up in office make dumb laws which hurt said above people, and average people, all the more. Like Marine Fisheries have been doing, making it only for commercial fisherman, aka the rich.
What about ppl down here who live off of the water?
Remember what Jesus said about this in Matthew?
"What you did not do to the least of these, you didn't do to me. And these will go into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life."
I hope such ppl like the officials realize what they have done and change, but there's a lot of corruption in politics these days.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Not sure where you live, but here in Maine/NH commercial fishermen aren't "the rich." It's generally a family business based around one boat and a long-held commercial fishing license. Large-scale unlicensed fishing would be catastrophic for the fishery and the fishermen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Not sure where you live, but here in Maine/NH commercial fishermen aren't "the rich." It's generally a family business based around one boat and a long-held commercial fishing license. Large-scale unlicensed fishing would be catastrophic for the fishery and the fishermen.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

edwardmurphy wrote:Not sure where you live, but here in Maine/NH commercial fishermen aren't "the rich." It's generally a family business based around one boat and a long-held commercial fishing license. Large-scale unlicensed fishing would be catastrophic for the fishery and the fishermen.
I'm not saying they're the rich, they're the backbone of the economic microregion here though.
So with too many regulations imposed by the Marine Fisheries, it hurts almost everyone around.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ah, coastal Maine - love that area, all the way west into Green Mts and White Mts! Nasty cold, ton of snow. Somewhere near wherever LL Bean is, in Maine - that's where I plunged through ice in 5 degree weather. Five feet of snow, in what I thought was just a rural snowfield, It never occurred to me there might be a pond under me. The ice could hold the weight of all that snow, but not me as well - scared me to death. I was soaked to my Waist. Same trip, skied Killington in Vermont. I'd always only always skied packed powder. Impulsively cut through a field of really deep snow (loose, not packed, off trail), sunk down (because I didn't keep my skies up on top), got trapped to my neck and someone had to dig me out - couldn't move my legs due to the snow weight. DAMN cold nights (sub zero)!
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Well there is farmers around too, forgot to say.