Page 2 of 2

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:27 pm
by Hortator
edwardmurphy wrote:Hortense, I'm pretty consistent in my disagreement. Tell me water is wet or the sky is blue and I'll agree. Tell me that one anonymous claim about the wind redirecting a missile is definitive proof of a miracle or that the mirror image of a 6 is a 9 and I'll tell you to put more thought into what you're saying.


Let me try to explain what I was saying, I had in my head this image you may have seen around the internet,

Image

Ok so a mirror image of a 6 wouldn't be a 9 but would look more like a lowercase "a" that's my bad.

Also could you elaborate on the missile miracle? I don't believe I heard about that.

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:58 pm
by edwardmurphy
Interesting cartoon, but it seems like you're missing its message. It's not a picture of a right-thinking individual looking at a 6 while some contrarian jackass claims it's a 9 just to piss everybody off. It's a picture of two people with different perspectives on an issue, both of whom have valid reasons for their positions.

The missile incident involved a story from Israel. The tale was that terrorists shot a missile that was going to hit in some especially devastating location, but suddenly a freak wind gust blew it out to sea. Mallz pronounced it a miracle from God. I did some research and wasn't able to find any evidence that it happened, much less that it was a miracle. I said the things I usually say in situations like that, and he took umbrage with my position. I referenced it because I'm pretty sure that's the last time he and I communicated.

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm
by RickD
Hortator wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:Hortense, I'm pretty consistent in my disagreement. Tell me water is wet or the sky is blue and I'll agree. Tell me that one anonymous claim about the wind redirecting a missile is definitive proof of a miracle or that the mirror image of a 6 is a 9 and I'll tell you to put more thought into what you're saying.


Let me try to explain what I was saying, I had in my head this image you may have seen around the internet,

Image

Ok so a mirror image of a 6 wouldn't be a 9 but would look more like a lowercase "a" that's my bad.

Also could you elaborate on the missile miracle? I don't believe I heard about that.

That's clearly a 9. The guy on the left is wrong, as usual.

:lol:

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:45 pm
by Kurieuo
Isn't it a 'g'?

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:49 pm
by RickD
edwardmurphy wrote:Interesting cartoon, but it seems like you're missing its message. It's not a picture of a right-thinking individual looking at a 6 while some contrarian jackass claims it's a 9 just to piss everybody off. It's a picture of two people with different perspectives on an issue, both of whom have valid reasons for their positions.

The missile incident involved a story from Israel. The tale was that terrorists shot a missile that was going to hit in some especially devastating location, but suddenly a freak wind gust blew it out to sea. Mallz pronounced it a miracle from God. I did some research and wasn't able to find any evidence that it happened, much less that it was a miracle. I said the things I usually say in situations like that, and he took umbrage with my position. I referenced it because I'm pretty sure that's the last time he and I communicated.

Must be Zionist propaganda then:
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/24811/Default.aspx

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:33 pm
by edwardmurphy
It's the Israeli equivalent of one of those email chains claiming that American kids no longer say the Pledge of Allegiance in school. That's not true, either.

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:59 pm
by Hortator
RickD wrote:
Hortator wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:Hortense, I'm pretty consistent in my disagreement. Tell me water is wet or the sky is blue and I'll agree. Tell me that one anonymous claim about the wind redirecting a missile is definitive proof of a miracle or that the mirror image of a 6 is a 9 and I'll tell you to put more thought into what you're saying.


Let me try to explain what I was saying, I had in my head this image you may have seen around the internet,

Image

Ok so a mirror image of a 6 wouldn't be a 9 but would look more like a lowercase "a" that's my bad.

Also could you elaborate on the missile miracle? I don't believe I heard about that.

That's clearly a 9. The guy on the left is wrong, as usual.

:lol:


Gentlemen, the beautiful and possibly unintentional second meaning of this image goes something like this. One of those two is actually wrong. The truth is somebody, at one time, came along and wrote either a 6 or a 9 on the ground. So it is objectively speaking, either a 6 or a 9, no perspective involved.

I thought of handing this to Kenny to see what he thinks of objectivity but we all know what he thinks already...

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:10 am
by edwardmurphy
Why does the original intent make a difference? If the person who wrote it is no longer around then it's up to those who are to decide what it is. The original intent is a matter of interpretation.

For real-world examples of this phenomenon see the Bible and the US Constitution.

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 am
by Hortator
edwardmurphy wrote:Why does the original intent make a difference? If the person who wrote it is no longer around then it's up to those who are to decide what it is. The original intent is a matter of interpretation.

For real-world examples of this phenomenon see the Bible and the US Constitution.


Image

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:55 am
by RickD
Hortator wrote:
Gentlemen, the beautiful and possibly unintentional second meaning of this image goes something like this. One of those two is actually wrong. The truth is somebody, at one time, came along and wrote either a 6 or a 9 on the ground. So it is objectively speaking, either a 6 or a 9, no perspective involved.

Absolutely. And as I said before, the one on the left is wrong, because those on the left are always wrong.