What if Hillary had won?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Post by Hortator »

edwardmurphy wrote:Hortense, I'm pretty consistent in my disagreement. Tell me water is wet or the sky is blue and I'll agree. Tell me that one anonymous claim about the wind redirecting a missile is definitive proof of a miracle or that the mirror image of a 6 is a 9 and I'll tell you to put more thought into what you're saying.
Let me try to explain what I was saying, I had in my head this image you may have seen around the internet,

Ok so a mirror image of a 6 wouldn't be a 9 but would look more like a lowercase "a" that's my bad.

Also could you elaborate on the missile miracle? I don't believe I heard about that.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Interesting cartoon, but it seems like you're missing its message. It's not a picture of a right-thinking individual looking at a 6 while some contrarian jackass claims it's a 9 just to piss everybody off. It's a picture of two people with different perspectives on an issue, both of whom have valid reasons for their positions.

The missile incident involved a story from Israel. The tale was that terrorists shot a missile that was going to hit in some especially devastating location, but suddenly a freak wind gust blew it out to sea. Mallz pronounced it a miracle from God. I did some research and wasn't able to find any evidence that it happened, much less that it was a miracle. I said the things I usually say in situations like that, and he took umbrage with my position. I referenced it because I'm pretty sure that's the last time he and I communicated.
Last edited by edwardmurphy on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:Hortense, I'm pretty consistent in my disagreement. Tell me water is wet or the sky is blue and I'll agree. Tell me that one anonymous claim about the wind redirecting a missile is definitive proof of a miracle or that the mirror image of a 6 is a 9 and I'll tell you to put more thought into what you're saying.
Let me try to explain what I was saying, I had in my head this image you may have seen around the internet,

Ok so a mirror image of a 6 wouldn't be a 9 but would look more like a lowercase "a" that's my bad.

Also could you elaborate on the missile miracle? I don't believe I heard about that.
That's clearly a 9. The guy on the left is wrong, as usual.

:lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Isn't it a 'g'?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Interesting cartoon, but it seems like you're missing its message. It's not a picture of a right-thinking individual looking at a 6 while some contrarian jackass claims it's a 9 just to piss everybody off. It's a picture of two people with different perspectives on an issue, both of whom have valid reasons for their positions.

The missile incident involved a story from Israel. The tale was that terrorists shot a missile that was going to hit in some especially devastating location, but suddenly a freak wind gust blew it out to sea. Mallz pronounced it a miracle from God. I did some research and wasn't able to find any evidence that it happened, much less that it was a miracle. I said the things I usually say in situations like that, and he took umbrage with my position. I referenced it because I'm pretty sure that's the last time he and I communicated.
Must be Zionist propaganda then:
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/t ... fault.aspx
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

It's the Israeli equivalent of one of those email chains claiming that American kids no longer say the Pledge of Allegiance in school. That's not true, either.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote:
Hortator wrote:

That's clearly a 9. The guy on the left is wrong, as usual.

:lol:
Gentlemen, the beautiful and possibly unintentional second meaning of this image goes something like this. One of those two is actually wrong. The truth is somebody, at one time, came along and wrote either a 6 or a 9 on the ground. So it is objectively speaking, either a 6 or a 9, no perspective involved.

I thought of handing this to Kenny to see what he thinks of objectivity but we all know what he thinks already...
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Why does the original intent make a difference? If the person who wrote it is no longer around then it's up to those who are to decide what it is. The original intent is a matter of interpretation.

For real-world examples of this phenomenon see the Bible and the US Constitution.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

edwardmurphy wrote:Why does the original intent make a difference? If the person who wrote it is no longer around then it's up to those who are to decide what it is. The original intent is a matter of interpretation.

For real-world examples of this phenomenon see the Bible and the US Constitution.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:
Gentlemen, the beautiful and possibly unintentional second meaning of this image goes something like this. One of those two is actually wrong. The truth is somebody, at one time, came along and wrote either a 6 or a 9 on the ground. So it is objectively speaking, either a 6 or a 9, no perspective involved.
Absolutely. And as I said before, the one on the left is wrong, because those on the left are always wrong.

-Edward R Murrow