What if Hillary had won?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby Hortator » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:27 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:Hortense, I'm pretty consistent in my disagreement. Tell me water is wet or the sky is blue and I'll agree. Tell me that one anonymous claim about the wind redirecting a missile is definitive proof of a miracle or that the mirror image of a 6 is a 9 and I'll tell you to put more thought into what you're saying.


Let me try to explain what I was saying, I had in my head this image you may have seen around the internet,

Image

Ok so a mirror image of a 6 wouldn't be a 9 but would look more like a lowercase "a" that's my bad.

Also could you elaborate on the missile miracle? I don't believe I heard about that.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby edwardmurphy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Interesting cartoon, but it seems like you're missing its message. It's not a picture of a right-thinking individual looking at a 6 while some contrarian jackass claims it's a 9 just to piss everybody off. It's a picture of two people with different perspectives on an issue, both of whom have valid reasons for their positions.

The missile incident involved a story from Israel. The tale was that terrorists shot a missile that was going to hit in some especially devastating location, but suddenly a freak wind gust blew it out to sea. Mallz pronounced it a miracle from God. I did some research and wasn't able to find any evidence that it happened, much less that it was a miracle. I said the things I usually say in situations like that, and he took umbrage with my position. I referenced it because I'm pretty sure that's the last time he and I communicated.
Last edited by edwardmurphy on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19043
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby RickD » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Hortator wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:Hortense, I'm pretty consistent in my disagreement. Tell me water is wet or the sky is blue and I'll agree. Tell me that one anonymous claim about the wind redirecting a missile is definitive proof of a miracle or that the mirror image of a 6 is a 9 and I'll tell you to put more thought into what you're saying.


Let me try to explain what I was saying, I had in my head this image you may have seen around the internet,

Image

Ok so a mirror image of a 6 wouldn't be a 9 but would look more like a lowercase "a" that's my bad.

Also could you elaborate on the missile miracle? I don't believe I heard about that.

That's clearly a 9. The guy on the left is wrong, as usual.

:lol:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9258
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby Kurieuo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Isn't it a 'g'?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19043
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby RickD » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:49 pm

edwardmurphy wrote:Interesting cartoon, but it seems like you're missing its message. It's not a picture of a right-thinking individual looking at a 6 while some contrarian jackass claims it's a 9 just to piss everybody off. It's a picture of two people with different perspectives on an issue, both of whom have valid reasons for their positions.

The missile incident involved a story from Israel. The tale was that terrorists shot a missile that was going to hit in some especially devastating location, but suddenly a freak wind gust blew it out to sea. Mallz pronounced it a miracle from God. I did some research and wasn't able to find any evidence that it happened, much less that it was a miracle. I said the things I usually say in situations like that, and he took umbrage with my position. I referenced it because I'm pretty sure that's the last time he and I communicated.

Must be Zionist propaganda then:
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/24811/Default.aspx
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby edwardmurphy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:33 pm

It's the Israeli equivalent of one of those email chains claiming that American kids no longer say the Pledge of Allegiance in school. That's not true, either.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby Hortator » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:59 pm

RickD wrote:
Hortator wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:Hortense, I'm pretty consistent in my disagreement. Tell me water is wet or the sky is blue and I'll agree. Tell me that one anonymous claim about the wind redirecting a missile is definitive proof of a miracle or that the mirror image of a 6 is a 9 and I'll tell you to put more thought into what you're saying.


Let me try to explain what I was saying, I had in my head this image you may have seen around the internet,

Image

Ok so a mirror image of a 6 wouldn't be a 9 but would look more like a lowercase "a" that's my bad.

Also could you elaborate on the missile miracle? I don't believe I heard about that.

That's clearly a 9. The guy on the left is wrong, as usual.

:lol:


Gentlemen, the beautiful and possibly unintentional second meaning of this image goes something like this. One of those two is actually wrong. The truth is somebody, at one time, came along and wrote either a 6 or a 9 on the ground. So it is objectively speaking, either a 6 or a 9, no perspective involved.

I thought of handing this to Kenny to see what he thinks of objectivity but we all know what he thinks already...

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby edwardmurphy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:10 am

Why does the original intent make a difference? If the person who wrote it is no longer around then it's up to those who are to decide what it is. The original intent is a matter of interpretation.

For real-world examples of this phenomenon see the Bible and the US Constitution.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby Hortator » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 am

edwardmurphy wrote:Why does the original intent make a difference? If the person who wrote it is no longer around then it's up to those who are to decide what it is. The original intent is a matter of interpretation.

For real-world examples of this phenomenon see the Bible and the US Constitution.


Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 19043
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: What if Hillary had won?

Postby RickD » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:55 am

Hortator wrote:
Gentlemen, the beautiful and possibly unintentional second meaning of this image goes something like this. One of those two is actually wrong. The truth is somebody, at one time, came along and wrote either a 6 or a 9 on the ground. So it is objectively speaking, either a 6 or a 9, no perspective involved.

Absolutely. And as I said before, the one on the left is wrong, because those on the left are always wrong.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony


Return to “Politics and World Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests