Trump Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem!!!

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Trump Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem!!!

Post by Blessed »

Hortator wrote:
Tell us more about these Jews in control

Go on, don’t be shy ;)
Sigh.

There are extremists of all religions. The Jewish history of money lending is no secret. As, far as "Jews" being exclusively in control, no, they are not exclusivly in control. I would not want to paint all Jewish people as one way or another. Such stereotyping has proven to be very dangerous. But I cannot ignore historical facts.

Also, just for the record, I despise Hitler as evil, for obvious reasons, however, it appears when Hitler replaced the Central Bankers, which were in fact overwhemlingly Jewish, at the time, with a labor receipt system, combined with direct government money (i.e. Abraham Lincolns Greenbacks) issuing authority - Germany's economy went from a 3rd world economic disaster to a 1st world nation, in a mere 4 years.

That is unheard of. And as far as I know - this fact is never dared to being discussed openly in academia or the media. When it is discussed.. it's always portrayed as an economic recovery based on 2 dimenional 100% military spending - yet all sectors of the pre-WWII era German economy skyrocketed during this time, not just military. Again - immediately after the central bankers were removed Germany skyrocketed to a 1st world nation.

I have tried to discuss this with people in real life. Every time, irrational human emotional responses (i.e Hitler was evil. Hilter liked Vanilla ice cream = Vanilla ice cream is evil) get in the way of logical thinking.

Also, regarding the original posting, I really don't see anything wrong with moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem BTW. The protests occuring in the middle east over this are based on fear.
Last edited by Blessed on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Off-topic posts to do with whether Muslims, Christians & Jews worship same God, etc moved:
Do Muslims, Christians & Jews Worship Same God?
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Thanks, K!
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

See the UN vote on the US embassy move?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_KRG0riT4

Love the US response. Like, who care about the UN anyhow? They're quite useless and impotent.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yes, these nations against Israel and U.S. interests have long loved that we are funding so much of the cost of the UN's operating costs, hosting it, while sending vast millions into countries that largely dislike or hate us (but love our $$$), and then they use this entity (the UN) that we financially prop up, against our own interests. Remember what Henry VIII did when he finally woke up to the solution to his money and marital ambitions - he saw vast sums flowing into Rome and the Papal coffers, and yet the Pope wouldn't "grant him a puny little divorce." Henry: "I KNOW what to do! - I'll keep the funds flowing to Rome AND I'll make myself the head of the English Church." That's what they a "win-win" - which is what we should start doing a lot more of. HOW long did we have American boots on the ground and countless millions spent defending Europe against various perceived threats? Same deal - we need to make 'em pay their way, significantly cut aid to those who only oppose us.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I hope we can agree these man babies having a hissy fit over where an embassy is located do not deserve one rusty cent of our money.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:I hope we can agree these man babies having a hissy fit over where an embassy is located do not deserve one rusty cent of our money.
And we can also probably agree that they're still gonna get quite a bit of our money.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Who says they're against US and Israeli interests? And how is it in our interests to move the embassy to Jerusalem? And since when are US and Israeli interests identical?

Moving the embassy is a purely symbolic gesture that gains us nothing while simultaneously torpedoing the peace process and stirring up all kinds of drama in the region. Sure, it signals our support of Israel, but then so does intelligence sharing, joint military training, and the commitment we made (under the supposedly anti-Israeli Obama Administration) to give them $38 billion in military aid over the next decade (while they make arms of their own and directly compete with American arms manufacturers).

The real man-baby hissy fit is the one that Sideshow Don bowed to when he decided to move the embassy. The UN objectors, by comparison, are looking at the big picture and behaving like rational adults who understand that Jerusalem is a complex issue. Alas, Trump is a know-nothing who only cares about his popularity with his base.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Who says they're against US and Israeli interests? And how is it in our interests to move the embassy to Jerusalem? And since when are US and Israeli interests identical?

Moving the embassy is a purely symbolic gesture that gains us nothing while simultaneously torpedoing the peace process and stirring up all kinds of drama in the region. Sure, it signals our support of Israel, but then so does intelligence sharing, joint military training, and the commitment we made (under the supposedly anti-Israeli Obama Administration) to give them $38 billion in military aid over the next decade (while they make arms of their own and directly compete with American arms manufacturers).

The real man-baby hissy fit is the one that Sideshow Don bowed to when he decided to move the embassy. The UN objectors, by comparison, are looking at the big picture and behaving like rational adults who understand that Jerusalem is a complex issue. Alas, Trump is a know-nothing who only cares about his popularity with his base.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Very clever, Rick. I always appreciate it when people think deeply about complex issues.

And now perhaps someone could explain how moving the embassy to Jerusalem benefits the United States...?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Very clever, Rick. I always appreciate it when people think deeply about complex issues.

And now perhaps someone could explain how moving the embassy to Jerusalem benefits the United States...?
It's on a need to know basis. And well...

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Yeah, I got it. Nobody knows.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ed: Torpedoing the peace process.
The ONLY peace process the Palestinians and much of the Arab world is willing to get behind has to do with denying Israel's right to it's one borders and capital. And those finalized borders are now nearly 70 years old - of a peaceful, stable democracy that wishes peace with it's neighbors. But religion-driven politics has organizations like Hamas vowing to eradicate Israel in a bloodbath. WHY would Israel let Jew-hating outsiders against them - even some against its very existence - have any say so in who controls Jerusalem or it's capital? How did East Jerusalem become, once again - after the Jews being dispersed and driven them from their ancient homeland by the Romans - come under Israels' control? It's because they were attacked by surrounding Arab nations! And yet, Israel allows Muslims access to their holy sites withing Jerusalem. And the surrounding militants have heaved missile after missile into Israeli civilian populations. Peoples with such mentalities and hate - they deserve nothing from Israel.

Israel's opponents would only get behind a peace plan in which Israel would concede territorial control (especially over Jerusalem) or at least jeopardize their safety. Whether in Gaza or the West Bank, everywhere the Palestinians have been allowed more autonomy, they've only caused havoc and aggression. Until such people are willing to renounce violence and acknowledge Israel's right to its own, long-held territory, there can never be peace. Sadat had the courage to make peace with Israel - and Arab militants killed him for it! Just LOOK at the geo-political map surrounding Israel - which is situated in a very dangerous neighborhood, surrounded by hateful nations dedicated to their downfall and violent aggression - and yet liberals somehow think such is justified - most of them brain-dead and woefully ignorant of the history involved. In these surrounding Arab nations, not only is there not democracy, but essentially party-led dictatorships or kingdoms where women are treated like cattle, homosexuals beaten and killed, "honor" killings are common. These are not peace-loving nations desiring a good relationship with Israel.

Note that while Trump may have been driven by politics - as in, "what is the advantage to declare recognition of Israel's true capital - what about the screams of revenge and blood - what is THAT all about? What has truly changed? Is not such cries of outrage and demand for violent uprisings - are not these also fruitless and dangerous politics. Why should one peaceful nation recognizing another such entity draw calls for extreme violence and eradication??? What's the REAL problem, if not those willing to use unnecessary violence to achieve their political ambitions??? To try to obtain control over Jerusalem from Israel will be to ignite a war of unimaginable magnitude - ANY entity suggesting that to be a noble or reasonable goal is one of aggression and recklessness!
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

edwardmurphy wrote:Very clever, Rick. I always appreciate it when people think deeply about complex issues.

Well since the US failed to turn Syria into another Lybia, into another Afghanastan, into another Iraq... stuffed up relations with Turkey, and Russia have drawn closer ties with Syria, Iran and Turkey... and more recently the Saudis it seems... Israel is still a Western stronghold. So then, strategicially, and militarily, it benefits the US and actually the West, to invest in Israel which is the only friendly diplomatic state in the Middle East to us.

What is morally right or wrong has nothing to do with such, which from a strategic and miltary pov it is highly beneficial to side with and invest in Israel. And what is right/wrong, well such depends upon which side you fall of the fence. right? I am often puzzled when the more secular left try to make a moral stand with Israel the big bad guys, and the Palestinians all good and innocent. I mean, at the end of the day the most that can be said about morality truly in a secular worldview is that it is all subjective and relative.

In any case, I doubt it has torpedoed the peace process. Such is hyperbole and exaggerative. It is up to Israel and the Palestinians what they do. The US can do whatever it likes with its embassy. If both sides want to work out their issues, then its up to them. If both sides, or one side, doesn't want to, then again it's up to them. The US isn't preventing either side from coming to the table. It's not like they haven't had decades to sort their issues out, moving the embassy means abosolutely bugger all, except more leftist tears.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

“Hey, is it okay if I move my business two doors down?”

*literal rioting in the streets by locals*

“Guess it’s my fault. :(

We also aren’t operating from the assumption that all the world’s problems are because of America / Israel existing.