Trump Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem!!!

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Trump Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem!!!

Post by B. W. »

edwardmurphy wrote:Who says they're against US and Israeli interests? And how is it in our interests to move the embassy to Jerusalem? And since when are US and Israeli interests identical?

Moving the embassy is a purely symbolic gesture that gains us nothing while simultaneously torpedoing the peace process and stirring up all kinds of drama in the region. Sure, it signals our support of Israel, but then so does intelligence sharing, joint military training, and the commitment we made (under the supposedly anti-Israeli Obama Administration) to give them $38 billion in military aid over the next decade (while they make arms of their own and directly compete with American arms manufacturers).

The real man-baby hissy fit is the one that Sideshow Don bowed to when he decided to move the embassy. The UN objectors, by comparison, are looking at the big picture and behaving like rational adults who understand that Jerusalem is a complex issue. Alas, Trump is a know-nothing who only cares about his popularity with his base.
Prophecy - it is what it is and what will happen has already been decreed - why - people hate YHWH and it will someday come to a head and things will be dealt with.

Zec 12:2 "Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem.

Zec 12:3 And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it.

Zec 12:7 "The LORD will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah.
Zec 12:8 In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them.

Zec 12:9 It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Him Whom They Have Pierced
Zec 12:10 "And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.
Zec 12:11 In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning at Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo.
Zec 12:12 And the land shall mourn, every family by itself: the family of the house of David by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their wives by themselves;
Zec 12:13 the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of Shimei by itself, and their wives by themselves;
Zec 12:14 all the families that remain, every family by itself, and their wives by themselves.

Back in 70 AD the Jewish people were scattered as prophesied and then regathered the second and final time back, May 1948.

Isa 11:11-12 It shall come to pass in that day That the Lord shall set His hand again the second time To recover the remnant of His people who are left, From Assyria and Egypt, From Pathros and Cush, From Elam and Shinar, From Hamath and the islands of the sea. 12 He will set up a banner for the nations, And will assemble the outcasts of Israel, And gather together the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth....

Amo 9:14 I will bring back the captives of My people Israel; They shall build the waste cities and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and drink wine from them; They shall also make gardens and eat fruit from them. 15 I will plant them in their land, And no longer shall they be pulled up From the land I have given them," Says the LORD your God.

So what is left...end time events such as

Zec 12:3 And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it.

That is what we are seeing the beginnings of...thus is another sign people fail to take note of, even some Christians...too
-
-
-
Bible quotes all from the NKJV
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:Who says they're against US and Israeli interests? And how is it in our interests to move the embassy to Jerusalem? And since when are US and Israeli interests identical?

Moving the embassy is a purely symbolic gesture that gains us nothing while simultaneously torpedoing the peace process and stirring up all kinds of drama in the region. Sure, it signals our support of Israel, but then so does intelligence sharing, joint military training, and the commitment we made (under the supposedly anti-Israeli Obama Administration) to give them $38 billion in military aid over the next decade (while they make arms of their own and directly compete with American arms manufacturers).

The real man-baby hissy fit is the one that Sideshow Don bowed to when he decided to move the embassy. The UN objectors, by comparison, are looking at the big picture and behaving like rational adults who understand that Jerusalem is a complex issue. Alas, Trump is a know-nothing who only cares about his popularity with his base.

I have already explained this to you and I'm not doing it again.Donald Trump is doing what Bill Clinton,George W Bush and Barak Obama said they were going to do but never did it.The question you should be asking is why would these former Presidents all claim they are going to move the US embassy to Jerusalem and then not do it? Trump ran on this and said he would do it and unlike them he kept his word. So the former President's just lied to win at election time and yet you think Trump is a liar.No Trump has fulfilled many of his campaign promises and is moving to fulfill even more and even CNN acknowledged this recently.This is with opposition from both parties too.

I mean I know you love paying high taxes for politicians to waste but tell us how nice it is to pull into the gas station and gas is around $2.00 a gallon now because of the executive order Trump signed that removed restrictions on our energy.Obama told us the days of $2.00 a gallon gas are behind us and they were because of the restrictions he put on our energy.Trump removed the restrictions and now gas can be produced which lowers the cost.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

God chose the Jews as the nation through whom he would bring salvation to the world and he promised to bless those who bless them. He chose Jerusalem to be the capital of his people. By moving the embassy to Jerusalem President Trump is aligning our country with God and enabling us to receive the blessings God has promised. Our country is already under God's curse for allowing abortion and same sex marriage. We need all the blessings we can get to offset these curses.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

theophilus wrote:God chose the Jews as the nation through whom he would bring salvation to the world and he promised to bless those who bless them. He chose Jerusalem to be the capital of his people. By moving the embassy to Jerusalem President Trump is aligning our country with God and enabling us to receive the blessings God has promised. Our country is already under God's curse for allowing abortion and same sex marriage. We need all the blessings we can get to offset these curses.
How exactly are we cursed as a nation, for allowing abortion and same sex marriage?

What are the fruits of these "curses from God?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Trump?
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

theophilus wrote:God chose the Jews as the nation through whom he would bring salvation to the world and he promised to bless those who bless them. He chose Jerusalem to be the capital of his people. By moving the embassy to Jerusalem President Trump is aligning our country with God and enabling us to receive the blessings God has promised. Our country is already under God's curse for allowing abortion and same sex marriage. We need all the blessings we can get to offset these curses.
“We” don’t allow it, 5 people in black robes allow it, not 350,000,000 different people.

You might say that as a republic, we can change the laws. This is true for the other two branches of government but the judicial branch is largely cloistered, closed-off and insulated by its very nature as a sort of “temple of reason”. So there is a lot less we can do for such issues.

However, giving them such a high regard, higher than the others, has resulted in many unpopular decisions. And yes, citizens united as well, ed
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:Trump?
Well played!
:clap:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:Trump?
Well played!
:clap:
New year, new Ed